“Business Trip”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have to say This place has the most comfortable beds of anywhere I have ever stayed ! Its close to the train track But It was very quiet ! I was amazed! The curtains block all the light so you can sleep at any time ! It overall is a great place to stay !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this Marriott for one night--and it was the night I was going to a Reds game. The hotel itself is very nice. I had a room facing the river. Room service menu has somewhat reasonable prices for a hotel. On the way to the reds game, I took the trolley that picks up across the street from the hotel. It costs $1. I walked on the way back. It's an easy walk--maybe 15 minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to a reds game.

Overall, the staff were very friendly, and if I need a hotel in this area again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for business and this hotel is clean as it comes. Such a nice design inside and the staff is over the top helpful. He the food was excellent and the room had everything that I needed. The only thing that sucked is that you had to pay for wifi. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It's the third time I have stayed here on business and really like it.OK it's a standard type Marriott with typical comfy beds but the service and attentiveness of the staff is excellent. Everyone makes you feel welcome. The only downsides are the breakfast is not cheap and the Internet is expensive. Cannot understand why lower value Marriotts give free breakfasts and free wifi but up market ones charge.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and loved the bed, linens and pillows - super comfortable! It was a convenient walk through a covered bridge over the street to the convention center next door, so although it was cold and rainy part of the time, there was no need for an umbrella or coat. My room looked sideways to the river, but it was a pretty good view even from a lower floor. If noise bothers your sleep, get a room on a higher floor - the rooms are all around the central area with the front desk and lobby bar - pretty noisy at times and the noise comes right under the door. Particularly annoying was the Sunday morning cleaning crew, who had to play loud music!! I ordered room service breakfast twice, it came on time the first day but was late the second (they did not charge me for that day).

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river, and get as high up as you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Staff were adequate and accommodating. Hotel is kind of "standard" Marriott. Standard configurations, standard amenities, etc. Overall, satisfactory. Somewhat oddly configured. To park, you either need to pay for valet parking or park in adjacent ramp that is not owned by the Marriott. On weekend nights, the parking can be full or mostly full, which can be a problem. They have a nice small bar but it is rather limited. On a recent Saturday night, for example, the bar had already closed by midnight and room service ended at midnight. When I asked about a glass of wine at 11:50 p.m., I was told "our bar closed early because we were busy with a wedding reception. If you want a glass of wine, you can leave the hotel, go down three floors, walk two blocks, and have a drink at the nearby Embassy Suites" Really? Perhaps this is not really a full service hotel. But, rooms were clean and ok. With river view, the view can be great--you will see the two pro stadiums just across the river. The concierge lounge is very small. This morning (Sunday), we were not able to find a table. Yesterday, there was no table but we did find a spot at a counter where we could eat. The woman supporting the lounge was great!

Room Tip: River view rooms have very nice views of the river and Cincinnati.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I absolutely loved my two-night stay in a hypoallergenic room on the 15th floor of this hotel. The room view was supposed to overlook the river but instead I had a view of the neighboring Embassy Suites hotel. Still, my room was great and totally work the partial river/hotel view as I could breathe with ease. The "bird cage" gazebo in the center of the hotel lobby is absolutely charming and a great wedding spot. The only complaint I have is the wait of getting into my hotel room. We arrived an hour and a half after check-in and still waited in the lobby for TWO HOURS before our room was ready. On a more positive note: do eat at the restaurant for the breakfast buffet. It's delicious.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are the best. The hypoallergenic rooms are delightful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
The Westin Cincinnati
The Westin Cincinnati
#17 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!