“Great Service”

Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating even late at night. I arrived late without a reservation and received the only available room. The front desk team delivered a full sized twin bed rollaway for my older son. The restaurant was closed but they had a market with snacks and microwave meals. The hotel is close to the highway in a business area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you for the kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with our staff. We would love to have you and your family join us again.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

While the neighborhood isn't the greatest, it's definitely worth a stay if you're attending a Reds or Bengals game. Free parking in their garage, very clean property, nice rooms. Just a few blocks to the bridge, which will lead you into Cincinnati. There is also a shuttle that will take you to Reds games and picks you up right outside the hotel.

Friendly staff members. Only downside was the immediate neighborhood outside the hotel (walk up about 5 or 6 blocks and there are some great restaurants and pubs, but the walk isn't exactly pretty) and the walls seemed fairly thin leading into the hallway - heard a lot of noise and loud groups returning to their rooms overnight.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay; however I am sorry to hear that your were displeased with the surrounding neighborhood. I hope you will join us again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

stayed fri and sat night for bengals pre-season game. very clean property, free( I SAID FREE) parking in their INSIDE garage.5 fast food restaurants within 2 short blocks. two blocks to all major expressways going north and south. 3 blocks to the bridge into cincy. but the best is T.A.N.K. transit authority northern kentucky. why is this so?
their shuttle picks u up in front of the courtyard and takes you to either the football or baseball stadiums for $1.00 per person each way. remember, thier are special lanes for the buses. No mess, No fuss.

Room Tip: all appear to be good
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you come back and visit us again for the next football game. Go Bengals!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We travel frequently to Cincinnati, OH and this time we ventured across the river to Covington to stay since we had points for a free night. While this is in another state (Kentucky), Covington is essentially a neighborhood of Cincinnati. The locations is great. Just a couple of blocks off the first exit ramp across the river, it offers great views of downtown Cincinnati and the Ohio River. It is just about a 5- 7 minute drive to the heart of downtown Cincinnati.

The staff was fast, efficient and did a great job answering our questions and making recommendations. We really appreciated that they had a map with "local" restaurants highlighted. No offense to chain eateries, we like the local experience much more. The facility, and our room were very clean and well kept. The hotel was very busy this weekend and I did not notice any hallway noise at all, a big plus in my book!

Yes, the immediate area around the hotel has lots of chain/fast-food restaurants and businesses, but just a few blocks away is the most amazing neighborhood, Mainstrasse, celebrating the German heritage of this community. It is an area where they are restoring the many great old homes and businesses and we loved it. The restaurants were great we tried, and we were told they fountain area is host to many festivals and free concerts. On Saturday night a great guitarist was playing for all to enjoy and on Sunday morning a yoga class was in the square. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "courtyard" side and the higher, the more unobstructed the views of...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your amazing review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with our staff and location. I hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The location was convenient to downtown Cincinnati and close to the Univ of Cinci which is why we were there. It was a typical Courtyard, with a nice lobby and rooms were just fine. The area around the hotel was a little bit seedy though... not a great part of town. Very easy access to the highway though and quick ride to Cincinnati spots.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am happy to hear that our location was convenient for you. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the surrounding neighborhood. I hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I visited this hotel while attending a wedding on a riverboat a short distance from this hotel. As far as location this hotel has it. Great view of the river and downtown Cincinnati. This is an upscale hotel by my measure and it seems to be maintained well. The service was good but this was not a discount hotel either. The parking was not included with the room price and had non-functioning exits which forced us to search out other exits and find a worker to fix the silly toll exit gate.
My biggest issue with this hotel is the configuration of the entrance. whether you enter via the garage or the front door you are forced to either hoof it up a seldom used dirty stairwell or a small over-used elevator. Once on the elevator you have to decipher which floor you must choose to get to the lobby. Once you exit this elevator in the lobby you have to change elevators to get to your room. This setup is tiresome and inconvenient. I prefer the traditional entrance where you walk in the front door to a lobby and someone there to assist you.
The location is very conducive for sports. I could see both the stadiums from my room which were easily accessed via a walking bridge. The downtown area in Kentucky is also full of neat attractions and places to eat & drink. The hotel breakfast was very nice and staying on the top 2 floors gives you access to a free happy hour with drinks and snacks.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river, it is a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property on July 19th. The hotel is very clean and the staff were very professional & helpful arraigning transportation into downtown Cincy. The hotel is about 5 mins from the great the Great American Ballpark & Newport aquarium. There are several restaurant options down the street in Newport.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Indy251
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our rooms and staff. I hope you will stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati
Best Western Plus Cincinnati Riverfront Downtown Area

Been to Courtyard Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!