“Weekend Wedding Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Mexico, Missouri
“Weekend Wedding Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I visited this hotel while attending a wedding on a riverboat a short distance from this hotel. As far as location this hotel has it. Great view of the river and downtown Cincinnati. This is an upscale hotel by my measure and it seems to be maintained well. The service was good but this was not a discount hotel either. The parking was not included with the room price and had non-functioning exits which forced us to search out other exits and find a worker to fix the silly toll exit gate.
My biggest issue with this hotel is the configuration of the entrance. whether you enter via the garage or the front door you are forced to either hoof it up a seldom used dirty stairwell or a small over-used elevator. Once on the elevator you have to decipher which floor you must choose to get to the lobby. Once you exit this elevator in the lobby you have to change elevators to get to your room. This setup is tiresome and inconvenient. I prefer the traditional entrance where you walk in the front door to a lobby and someone there to assist you.
The location is very conducive for sports. I could see both the stadiums from my room which were easily accessed via a walking bridge. The downtown area in Kentucky is also full of neat attractions and places to eat & drink. The hotel breakfast was very nice and staying on the top 2 floors gives you access to a free happy hour with drinks and snacks.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river, it is a great view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property on July 19th. The hotel is very clean and the staff were very professional & helpful arraigning transportation into downtown Cincy. The hotel is about 5 mins from the great the Great American Ballpark & Newport aquarium. There are several restaurant options down the street in Newport.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Indy251
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our rooms and staff. I hope you will stay with us again.
SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice boutique, modern style hotel. Newer room furnishings, same standard bathroom. It faces the river, but you would have to be on an extremely high floor to actually see it over the hill. Starbucks seems to be their breakfast franchise, complete with barristas.

Room Tip: one side does face the railroad tracks. You can hear the rumble of the train, but they don't to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am so pleased you were happy with our newly renovated rooms. I hope you will stay with us again.
Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location for Newport and Cincy. Not walking distance but very easy and quick drive to Newport. We were on the 2nd Floor on the west end, north side and still heard the trains all night. We got used to it but it is something to consider when staying here. They've done major upgrades to windows and insulation to quiet the noise but it's still there. All that said, I would still stay there again if I were on the other side. Also the hot tub was in major need to be drained and scrubbed clean. That was disgusting.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Grant933
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I'm happy you were pleased with the location of the hotel; however I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the noise from the train and our jacuzzi. In order to use this information to enhance our guest experience, I would like to connect with you via email or phone to discuss. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very good experience staying there. It's quiet, clean, and modern. Views are great and very near downtown Cincinnati and a short walk to Main Strasse bar district. The staff were professional and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Dan9009
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with our location and staff. I hope you will return soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here. They claim they have river view rooms.
The view we had consisted of trees
Railroad tracks and bridges. What a farce! The room was small but nicely decorated. Very clean.
The train stopped and idled for sometime making it difficult to sleep.
We received a one breakfast ticket.
They said weren't entitled to second ticket. Makes me want to stay here again, I don't think so...

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I'm happy you liked how clean and well decorated our guest rooms were; however I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with the view from your room, the noise from the train and the breakfast package you received.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel is very nice and clean. We were greeted by VERY friendly staff. Other hotels in the area looked rundown. The pool area was small, which was sort of a downside, but the rest of the hotel made up for it. I would NOT stay in any other hotel in this town, if this hotel is booked...you need to maybe stay in Newport or Cincinnati.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the amazing review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with our staff. We hope you will stay with us for the next Reds game!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Courtyard Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!