“Hampton Inn Cincinnati -Riverfront” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Hull
“Hampton Inn Cincinnati -Riverfront”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked this hotel mainly because there were no other hotels available during our trip that were on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River and were reasonably priced. It was beautiful weekend in June and the Reds were playing for 3 nights in a row so there were many baseball fans and their families staying here. Despite the huge crowds at breakfast the staff kept the food flowing and the place clean. All while providing a friendly conversation and welcome smile. The location was convenient to the highway and right near a liquor/convenience store but we never heard the traffic from our room. The only minor thing I did not like was there were 2 double beds in the room not 2 queens. They do however offer rooms with a king and sofa bed but that did not suit my families needs. Jeffrey in housekeeping kept our room clean and fresh. Rachel at check in and Beth at check out were friendly and expeditious with their work. We were able to walk to a pub for dinner the first night and walked to the bus stop the next day for sightseeing along the riverfront and into Ohio.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for selecting our hotel to stay while catching a Reds Game! I appreciate your kind comments on our hotel and staff very much. At times I also wish we had the 2 queens as opposed to the 2 double beds, as guest would have more space. Thank you for the kind comments on Jeff, Rachel and even me :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights on a visit to Cincinnati. When we arrived, I asked for a room at the back overlooking the river. It was on the fifth floor and we could see the barges and tugboats. Although the bridge and the highway were outside the window the room was quiet. We had a King with sofa bed which for 2 people was nicer and roomier. I liked having mirrors and accesable plugs in the main area for makeup and hairdryer outside the bathroom. The shower was adequate and warm. Every staff we had contact with was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and supplied daily. There is a liquor store adjoining the parking lot as others have mentioned, but I never saw any odd people lurking or felt unsafe. The area was nice. We took the TANK trolley to and from Newport Levee and walked about 3 blocks to catch it. Breakfast was good and a different hot food was served every day. I used the pool everyday and it was comfortable and never over crowded. During our visit the outside temp was in the 90's and the air worked well. Parking was never a problem. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A higher room at the back has a better view if possible
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review, I believe we spoke at the desk. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and your visit to Cincinnati area. You really went out and adventured the city and it's offerings! I hope the rest of your summer is Great too :)
Hattiesburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this location. It was close to our downtown destination. The staff was very friendly from check in to check out. They also made suggestions on where to eat. The room we had was very quiet and clean

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the GREAT review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate the kind comments on our team! Hope to see you again, enjoy the rest of your summer :O)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is okay. Nothing special but not bad. The property needs to be maintained better as paint was chipping in the bathrooms and the pool. The biggest issue is for long term stays like a week, it's tough. Only two small drawers for clothes and hanging area. The rooms are small and beds crammed in. They do not have laundry facilities. We had to leave because we couldn't make it 10 days. Hallways are hot. Feel sorry for housekeeping in the heat all day. Told the front desk staff who was most unhelpful. We moved to the Radisson a block away. It's clean, more updated, painted, and the staff are eager to help do anything to help. Again, it's fine short term but we prob wont return.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. I will look into the issues you brought up in comments and pictures that were taken. I appreciate the kind remarks on our associates too.
Whitestown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was close to the places I needed to go. It was clean and it seemed to be in a good area.The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and if you needed anything they were very helpful. We did not get to enjoy the breakfast because we were no up in time but even the dining and sitting area was really nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review! I am sorry you missed breakfast, but I understand, sometimes sleep is more important to me then eating too! Have a great summer :)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We're here now. We stayed at the Radisson just around the corner. Our son comes up to the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati each summer. Parts of the Radisson I like better such as the overall quality of the property. There are some areas of the hotel like the pool and bathrooms that could use some sprucing up with paint...but Im being picky. The breakfast is good. The staff is kind. It's easy access to Cincinnati. My best encounter though has been talking to the housekeeping staff on floor three Lucintra (I hope that is how you spell her name). I have never seen a more dedicated worker. She also treats the guest like royalty. We talked just for a few minutes because I knew she had a lot to do but she took the time to lift our spirits because we are here for the hospital. She quickly got back to work because she had so much to do. She is the best part of this hotel. Never met a kinder and harder working person in a hotel. Thanks Lucintra!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
WOW - I love to hear great comments on my associates! I agree Lucinda is a angel, I shared your comments with our entire team at our daily line up today and everyone clapped & cheered for her :) She also received an incentive from me for having her name positively mentioned in a review! I wish you and your family the very best in your recovery and visits to Children's Hospital. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Lutz, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is in a rougher and not so scenic side of Cincinnati, but it's convenient to the river walk and Reds stadium area (2-3 minutes), is clean and comfortable, with friendly staff. I was there on the busy July 4th weekend, and had trouble finding a parking spot a few evenings. There were a lot of items to choose from at the free breakfast for the average person, but being on a gluten free diet, I didn't have many options besides fruit and yogurt. The 24 hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate stand is always nice. Their coffee is very tasty!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review from your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff and hope to see you again the future! I love our robust coffee too :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati
Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Hotel Covington
Hotel Covington
#1 of 9 in Covington

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)? Share your experiences!