“Questionable Area.....”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Sylvania, Ohio
“Questionable Area.....”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading so-so reviews but reviewers commenting on the updated lobby. What other reviewers neglected to mention was the liquor store in the parking lot. Not only was it a liquor store, but it had bars on the door and windows. Next to the liquor store there was "discount cigs".

Not a good first impression for a family travelling with tweens. It was a slow check-in due to a computer problem. When we entered the elevator, we were greeted by wet pool towels and lots of water from the pool. We should have cancelled the reservation then. But we were tired after a long drive and it was late. Our room neighbors did not understand courtesy and slammed their doors throughout most of the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MBNtravel
Amanda H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your taking time to write a review about our hotel. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you and I truly apologize for this. I am so sorry if you and your family did not feel safe and did not receive a good impression of our hotel. Our main concern is for all our guests’ safety and I appreciate you bringing this issue up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our security team. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that we are taking your comments into consideration.

Again, I truly regret and inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are every around our area.

Thank you and have a great day!

amanda.hagood@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent place. The service was great and the breakfast was awesome. I left my camera there and I called and spoke with Carol who immediately went and found it and she made sure it was mailed out. She went out of her way to make sure it went out priority and even called me to let me know and sent me and email. It would have ruined my whole trip if it she had not done this for me. Thank you very much for the whole experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sitealpha
Amanda H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy to hear your camera was returned safely. I will be sure to share you kind words with Carol. We do look forward to your future stays with us!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here in November 2012 to see the Denver Broncos play at the Bengals. The room was excellent, beds were very comfortable, staff were very friendly and able to offer advice to weary UK travellers like me! Very close to freeway into Cincinnati and also a good base to explore Northern Kentucky. Breakfasts were brilliant too

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do appreciate your great comments regarding the staff and hotel accommodations. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Go Bengal’s!!

Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton because we attended a function at Xavier University. The hotel is about 6 miles from campus & about 2 miles from downtown. We went to the area of Mt. Adams for dinner & it is about a 10 minute drive. We will be going back to that area as it was a great area for dinner, drinks & entertainment. We will stay at the Hampton again as we will be making trips to see our daughter. The hotel was clean & convenient for what we needed.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank kimnart
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to read you were very happy with your stay! I will be sure to share you kind words with our team. We do look forward to your future stays with us.

University Place, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Genuinely friendly staff, very sincere, totally unpretentious. True Southern hospitality from hard-working "salt-of-the-earth" types. Breakfast was outstanding. Cook your own belgian waffles were a hit. Choice of regular roast AND dark roast coffee, free, at all hours, is unheard of in a chain hotel. The dark roast was exceptional for a hotel. Noise from idiots who fold their security lock in reverse to keep the door from closing was a problem, but once I notified the staff at midnight, they came immediately and shut the offenders down.

Room Tip: Pick the side toward Crescent Avenue, away from I-71.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share you kind words with our entire team. I am happy to hear your noise issues were resolved quickly and appropriately. We do hope you choose to stay with us next time your in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Area.

Thank you and have a great day!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We drove to Cincinnati from Chicago.We arrived late to a clean quiet room.The breafest gave us a great start. It was easy access to Xavier University.The free internet access was much appreciated. The only criticism would be the parking lot, a sketchy car that the security guard was talking to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amanda H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate you great comments and will be sure to share them with our team. We do hope you select our property again when you are in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area.

Westfield Center, Ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for work in downtown Cincinnati for 3 nights. The location is convenient to downtown. Easy access from 71 if traveling on 71S, poor access if traveling on 71N. I stay in Hampton Inns frequently and this hotel is the noisiest location that I've experienced. The hotel is adjacent to a very busy I yet section and highways (see photos).

It is an older hotel, however it does have microwaves and fridges in the rooms - the reason we chose this hotel. However, due to the noise, we will not be staying here again. Other locations just a few minutes south (near the airport) and much better and have more adjacent dining options.

• Stayed March 2013
Amanda H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to downtown and major highways. Our main concern is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us. I do however understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

amanda.hagood@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati
Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)? Share your experiences!