“Had confirmation number, but was told it was overbooked! NO SERVICE!”

Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Lexington, KY
“Had confirmation number, but was told it was overbooked! NO SERVICE!”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Good Evening

This past Saturday, June 12, I made reservations on priceline.com at the Raddison hotel in Covington, KY. I arrived, via cab, to the hotel at 5:00 on saturday. After waiting in a long line to check in I arrived at the counter, gave them my confirmation number for my reservation, and was then told that the hotel was overbooked and there was not a room available. The hotel staff member, disappeared in the back for 15 minutes, and the simply came up to the desk, handed me my confirmation receipt, and told me "We are overbooked you should have never been able to get a reservation. Priceline will call you." She then walked away. Priceline called simply to explain to me that the hotel was overbooked and the reservation had been canceled. I had a confirmation number for the reservation! which clearly means nothing at the Radisson Hotel!

I was standing in a hotel lobby, in a city not my own, without a car, and the hotel's response was oh well. Nobody offered to call a cab, to call a different hotel, or even asked if there was anything they could do to help. I was never even offered an apology! I would treat a stranger better than the hotel treated me, a customer! I am shocked and disappointed that this is the type of operation the Radisson company runs. Forget the fact that I made a reservation and had a confirmation number that meant nothing, the lack of caring or acceptance of the problem coupled with the fact that the staff had no issues watching me stand out front of the building with luggage, but no room and no car is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. WOW! Tell as many friends as possible never to use the Radisoon hotel for any reason. The treatment of people alone is enough reason to take money elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jabreh00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel! I stayed there for 1 night for business and woke up the next morning COVERED in bites from bed bugs. I had to throw out my clothes and luggage as not to infect my house when I returned home. When I informed the hotel, they said "we will notify housekeeping". Obviously they have no idea how to deal with the situation. They need to replace the mattress and bed frame and hire a professional to exterminate them.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
16 Thank KPwisco

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

Hartville, Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This is the second time we stayed at this Radisson. We love the location, right off the interstate, within walking distance to Mainstrausse Village, minutes to Newport on the Levee, killer views overlooking the Ohio River, and a revolving restaurant on the 18th floor. What's not to like!

Jason at check-in was exceptional. We had a problem with some electricity going out; the repairman was there in seconds and all was fixed. You can't ask for more than that.

The bed was one of the best ever, updated marble sink, large closet, we stayed on the llth floor and the view of the Cincinnati Skyline is worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I stayed at the Radisson Covington last Thursday night on the 11th floor. The sleep number beds were very comfortable as well as the pillows and linens, and I loved having the outdoor patio with a great view, even though it was quite small. The room is fairly small as well, probably due to the hotel being circular. It would have felt fairly cramped to have more than 2 people I would imagine, but was fine with just me. The staff was very helpful at check in. They asked what my plans were and I told them I was taking clients to a Reds game and they set me up with the "Reds" newspaper to get caught up before the game. They also let me know that they had 50 cent wings and 1/2 priced pints down at the tavern that night. Location was convenient to downtown across the river, but it's not really within walking distance from anything I could see. Parking was very easy in the basement and it was free which is nice to find in Cincy. Only major issue was that they never sent up my wakeup call... Luckily I had an appointment reminder ding on my phone that woke me up, otherwise I might have slept through it. Ate at the breakfast buffet which was a little below avg, but I usually don't expect much in hotels these days. The service was average at best at the tavern as well. It was all lukewarm at best. Overall, it was a good stay, good service on the hotel side, and good location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Vermont
Reviewed March 12, 2010

For 95 bucks a night this place was much more than I would expect. Lobby etc. looks very high class. Staff was very friendly and made great suggestions about where to go for food and drinks. Overall the room was typical, but the functional balcony is nice. Not a place where you'd hang out, but fun to step out and check out the great view of the city. You could hear noise from the highway but nothing that kept me awake. Good food and service at 360 restaurant. Same is true for Kelly's pub downstairs which is open until midnight for drinks. Breakfast wasn't complimentary, but was above average for a buffet. I heard from several people that Main Strasse is a great place to go for food and bars. We didn't go, but it's walking distance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We arrived at the hotel in Cincinati Saturday afternoon and we were very excited. The girls at the front desk were very informative and friendly and we went up to our rooms. SO SMALL. we had 2 adults and 2 kids and we were running over each other to get dressed to go to the pool. Once down at the pool the small and fumes of cloreen blew us away. and the other adults down there all had beer and wine and were very loud and obnoxious. the pool was extremely cold so I didn't swim but the kids didn't care. Once I had a headache from the fumes I went upstairs to get ready for me and my husbands romantic dinner upstairs at the revolving floor restaurant ... we signed in for a 20 minute wait which was fine and sat at the bar where a very friendly bartender took our order and we waited. Once we got our table we looked at the menu's and were ready to order but no waitress/waiter were to be seen? no one asking us what we would like to drink/water/nothing!! we waited OVER 30 MINUTES..WITH NO SERVICE. in tears I went up to the lady who seated us and she asked if she could find us another table...no thanks. So we went downstairs to the other restaurant. Quickly a waitress took our drink orders and we waited 20 minutes...no drinks....we flagged down another waitress and she took our orders AGAIN. and by the time our drinks got to us I asked to please finally see a menu to order and THE KITCHEN HAD CLOSED!!! worst nice of my life. We went back up to our room and I was excited to experience the sleep number beds...HORRIBLE!! YOU laid in the bed and middle changed from soft to hard but what about your head and feet??? I had it soft and my butt was low (praticallly on the floor) but my feet were still way up high? then my husband said just try in harder and my butt raised way up high but my blood was running to my head ... soooo uncomfortable?? finally I said just forget it and went to take a bath...no hot water! luke warm at best?? so freezing I got out and grabbed a pillow and slept on the floor. I woke the next morning with a horrible headache and $100++ in the hole!! NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I pricelined this hotel abour six weeks before a major Cincy trade show and as a result, my rate would have been more than a half less than others would have been paying in the area during the show. The hotel was great - a very attractive king room with free parking and free wireless and very prompt room service. Very easy access to I 75 and just a few minutes into downtown Cincinnati. Loved the atmosphere on the Kentucky side of the riverfront - quaint and plentiful in restaurant choices. The hotel was quiet; had a great pool and spa; complimentary newspaper - great balcony and view! Would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!