“I was saddened....”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Cleveland
“I was saddened....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I go to Cinci every year for a concert, and I was so happy for the value I received for my room at the hotel. When we pulled in, it was gorgeous and the lobby was impressive. There was free parking and that was wonderful too, as we had a truck full of coolers, tents etc. We parked underground and it was safe.

The staff was beyond friendly and amazing. A lot of concert-goers were coming in late and they handled us all with ease.

My room, however was filthy. I sat outside in a field in 90 degree weather and was actually weary about the shower. There was mildew in the shower tiles and on the ceiling of the bathroom. The soap dish had mildew and hair in it. The towels were dingy and starting to shred apart.

I don't mean to be picky about staying somewhere, but I can handle outdated (as some people reported, although I didn't agree), but I can't handle dirty.

I did let the front desk know and they were very nice and apologetic.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tbonerocks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I expected a much nicer place for the money. Plenty of things in the room needs replaced or repaired. The bathroom is dirty and grimy. Drapes and valance over the window does not much. The room is outdated. I have stayed at many hotels and the quality of this room is expected from a hotel that runs about $75 a night. Very disappointed. The staff has been pleasant, that's the only reason I gave it 2 stars.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Art S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am very sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations. Many factors go into the price of a hotel room, not just the hotel itself. That being said, we have just started a multi-million dollar renovation at the hotel. We will be totally renovating all the guest rooms as well as much of the public areas. I hope you will try us out again after our renovation.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I checked into this hotel on Sunday July 12th. My initial impressions were that the hotel was clean and up to date as far as décor. There was one slight issue during check in. A bad storm had just passed and a power blip had knocked out their network and reservation system. Their employees were constant in trying to fix it and passed out complimentary drink passes for the bar. The problem was resolved in about 30 mins. Check in was quick and I was on my way to my room. My first impression of the room was the size. The room is more than adequate size wise. In fact it was down right huge for a non suite room. The room was modern and clean. The bathroom area was very nice. This was one of the better if not the best non resort room I've ever stayed in. My only complaint was shuttle service. It was difficult to get the shuttle to Cincinnati for pick up. I was the for a convention so it was likely related to how absolutely busy they were.
The location of the hotel is good. It's within walking distance to numerous convenience stores and restaurants. There is a trolley stop nearby. For $1 the trolley goes through Newport and over to the city. Its quite a deal and runs on average every 15 minutes. Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel. On Wednesday I checked out and moved into the convention hotel (Millennium) and they pale in comparison the Radisson. If I ever go back to Cincinnati I would certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Each room has a balcony. Go for the higher floors and for a city view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We typically stay downtown Cincinnati but it was a nice change to stay here. After reading some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The parking is free so that was a plus compared to being downtown. We were not on the side directly by the freeway but could see the freeway from one side. I did not notice any freeway noise at all with the patio door closed.

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The view from the 15th floor was great. We had a view of the river and downtown Cincinnati where we could see fireworks. I thought the room was adequately decorated and did not think it was that dated. We have stayed at every major downtown Cincinnati hotel and I would stay this was better than a couple of them from a room standpoint.

The only thing that keeps me from giving them 5 stars is the location. That is somewhat unfair since that can't be changed. We typically stay downtown where we can walk to games and restaurants. You can't really do that here although it's a short drive to most things including all the dining and entertainment in Newport.

Room Tip: Try to get a upper floor room with a river view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

While at this hotel we were able to watch fireworks displays from across the river at the ballfield and other surrounding locations. I saw at least 5 at the same time and this was after the 4th!! It was great viewing from the French balcony facing the river! The staff was very nice and accommodated our room choice, it was clean and comfortable, although for the price needs some updating and renewing of furniture..This was the only thing I found disappointing in the choice to stay there was the age of the room, even though newly re decorated in color scheme, it needed some fixes to the furniture and the fridge which was barely cold yet frosted over..( Maybe a good defrosting would do the trick!) But overall, it was clean and comfortable and I certainly enjoyed the balcony and friendly staff. While there we ate breakfast at Kellys on site, it was average and a bit pricey. I would probably stay there again, but for the price, hopefully they will have replaced the fixtures by that time. It is conveniently located and easy on and off 71, so it does have its advantages.

Room Tip: Ask for Riverfront, its nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oxford, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is kind of your run of the mill mid-price hotel. There were a few cosmetic flaws (rips in wallpaper, etc) but our room was clean and comforatble. We had a lovely view of Downtown CIncinnati and the Covington/Newport area. It's not far to travel to Newport or Cincinnati from the hotel, which was nice and it is within walking distance of Mainstrasse Village. We ate a great dinner at the 360 restaraunt upstairs and had brunch buffet in the pub the following morning. Both meals were delicious and you got a decent amount for the money.

We had no issue with noise from the highway even though interstate 75 was right outside our windows.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sturgis, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here on June 18 and 19. Hotel was clean and comfortable. They have sleep number beds. The entire staff was excellent and very helpful. They gave us directions and information to wherever we wanted to go. Hotel has complimentary shuttle to within 5 miles of hotel. Only downside was the traffic on the freeway. It never lets up. But we had a room on the side so we were not directly facing it so it didn't bother us. Room also had a great view of Covington and Cincinnati across the river. If you stay here try to get a room on the side away from the freeway. Hotel is in a nice area close to lots of attractions. Be sure to check out the Newport Aquarium and Newport on the Levee. They are right next to each other. Can also catch trolley into Cincinnati and to the aquarium and levee. Just costs a dollar. Also there are a lot of fast food restaurants within walking distance. Be sure to check out Monkey Brew coffee shop. About 2 blocks away. Great stay. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Comfort Suites
#3 of 6 in Newport
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!