“Wonderful Place!”

Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed August 31, 2008

We love the Radisson! The rennovations are pretty much complete. My boyfriend and I purchased VIP packages for the last 3 years and we're from Northern Kentucky. We stay there frequently for nice romantic weekend getaways. The rooms have been updated and are very nice and clean. The restaurant is has the best view of any place in Cincinnati and, while it is a bit pricy, with the VIP discount, it's not too bad. The staff are always friendly. We're going there again tonight for the Labor Day fireworks and are excited about once again being in a nice, familar friendly place. I think those negative reviewers should give it a second chance as the rennovations are complete and it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed August 7, 2008

Just returned from a three night stay at the Radison while attending a WWII Division Reunion with the father-in-law. Yes, it is an older downtown hotel within sight of the Ohio River, but not "Riverfront" as its name implies. Its cylindrical shape offers a great 180 degree view of the surrounding area, although rooms overlooking I 75 might wish for a different vista as this facility is located only a block from the Interstate..... easy to access, but susceptible to traffic noise at all hours. Some floors were still undergoing renovation during our stay (9th) but we were far enough removed that we were not impacted. The areas that have been remodeled are shinny penny new and quite impressive including our rooms on fourth floor. The beds were covered with comforters enclosed in white duvets which were spotless. The adjustable beds were amazing and one could undoubtly find a comfortable sleeping level by taking a couple of minutes to play with the controls. My only concern with the room was one of safety for young occupants as the expansive window area contained a door that opened onto a very small balcony where a young child could slip through or climb over the railing if not well supervised.

The revolving restaurant on the eighteenth floor is lovely, but pricey. A more economical choice can be found on the lobby level, however. Kelly's Pub offers several dining options including salads and sandwiches, most for under $10. We also found their breakfast buffet to be very good with fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, biscuits & gravy, french toast, cornbeef hash, bacon, sausage, and two egg options which was included in our group convention package rate.

We found the hotel staff to be very accommodating to the needs of the WWII vets in our party. When contacting them regarding a cane that was left in a room after check-out, the person at the front desk to whom we spoke would not take billing information, but rather stated that the Radison would be happy to mail it back without charge. It doesn't get much better than that IMHO!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We stayed here because of the Newport aquarium package. When we first arrived at the hotel finding a place to park was about a joke. They were remodeling so it was a mess. We went up to our room which ended up being a handicapped room. That may have not been so bad but we have two young children to bathe and there was no bathtub only a shower that had no way of blocking the water coming out on the floor. Either they would have fallen down and gotten hurt or they would have flooded the room! The white bedspread on one of the beds was dirty. It looked like someone walked across it with their shoes on. So we switched our room. Our second room was a no smoking room. My 7 year old and my 4 year old walked out onto the balcony and my 4 year old picked up a cup full of cigarette butts.
After that we went up to the resturant to have dinner after looking at the expensive menu we decided not to eat there. 10 to 14 dollars for a salad. We went back to our room and called the front desk to find out where some good places to eat would be. The only place the desk would recommend was their resturant. I nicely told her we were there and there wasnt much on te menu the kids would eat. She said well thats all I know of and acted mad that we didnt want to eat there. After driving around we decided on Big boys. It would have been easier if we had some help from the front desk. After going back form eating we went to the pool. It was very nice! Towels were stocked and it well decorated. We went back up to our room about 11:00pm when we crawled into bed my pillow was dirty. It looked like someone laid on it with foundation on there face it was GROSS!!! I had to get a pillow from my kids bed. We had sleep #beds that did not work properly and made weird noises that woke us up all night long. In the morning when we woke up we went up and had breakfats at the buffet. Only because we had 2 free adult buffets for the kids to eat it still cost us $17.00 way overpriced for barely warm food and poor service. We travel alot and dont see us as hard people to please but this hotel did not do it for us!

Reviewed July 8, 2008

Booked this place on Priceline for an overnight stay after a Reds baseball game. As far as the hotel goes, it's pretty nice. It's not extravagant, but I would say the 3 star rating on Priceline is accurate. The room was comfortable, other than the Beds, which were somewhat bizarre. They had remotes attached to them to allow you to blow up or deflate the bed to the level of firmness you desire. After playing with the remote for a while, I determined that I wasn't going to find a comfortable setting. It wasn't uncomfortable, just weird.

The hotel staff was very friendly. They gave us our desired two double beds in a non smoking room. The concierge up front noticed we were going to the Reds game that evening and told us the driver of the hotel bus could take us to the game for free since there were no trips to the airport. So, the driver dropped us off right across from the stadium. He even said he'd pick us up after the game. We decided to walk. It is about a 30-40 minute walk. I would recommend walking only if you're in a group. There were some areas we walked through that were a little shady.

Overall, the hotel location is convenient and it's a good value. I would recommend it to others. Also, they had a $7.99 all you can eat breakfast buffet in the morning. The food was pretty decent.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed here for 1 night over the memorial day weekend 05-25-08 to 05-26-08.

Booked via priceline and payed $62/night.

Having grown up in Cincinnati and passing the hotel many times my expectations were much higher for this place. Known for its revolving restaurant being a destination for prom dinners and anniverseries, I thought this place would be much nicer.

First off they were doing construction on the place so this caused a bit of a parking problem and you were forced to enter through a side entrance. Not a big deal but a bit of a turn off.

Secondly the hotel is old and you can tell. The lobby is nice but once you get off the elevator and head towards the rooms you can tell this place is in major need of an overhaul.

Our room was dirty/grimy. Carpet was coming up in places, bathroom was old. Reminded me of a Motel 6 along the highway and not what I think of when it comes to a riverfront hotel.

Speaking of highway, the room we stayed in faced right towards 75 so not only was it loud, but we didn't have a view to speak of either.

The only plus to this hotel is that it is within walking distance to Covington's great Main Strausse village, where you can find great little places to eat, drink and shop.

I wouldn't recommend this place unless you are desperate and there are no other rooms on the riverfront.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at the Radisson with another couple. We booked the first night through the hotel because Priceline was completely sold out of the Cincinnati area that night. The hotel price for 2 doubles was $200 with taxes included. That is outrageous...but sadly a competitive price for the greater Downtown Cincinnati area. The next night we booked through Priceline and each couple got our own separate room for about $80 per room. No charge for parking, which is a plus.

The hotel itself is undergoing some entryway renovations which is a little inconvenient but not too bad. The hotel definitely has some mileage on it and the wear and tear shows in a few spots, but overall it's not too shabby. Our rooms both nights were very clean, although we did have a slight problem with a leaky sink pipe but it didn't create a mess. The view overlooking the city is really amazing and is, I suppose, where Radisson can justify charging downtown rates for a outskirts of downtown hotel. The sleep number beds were also very uncomfortable. It was like sleeping on an air mattress all night.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast at the restaurant was satisfactory. We also visited the pool which was also satisfactory.

All in all, the Radisson is a very average hotel. Sadly, they charge 4 star prices for 2 star accomodations. I don't think you'd get burned at the Radisson...but I don't think it's really worth the cost. Look at the downtown Cincy hotels like the Milennium or the Hyatt first and use the Radisson as a backup option.

Reviewed June 12, 2008

The Radisson Riverfront was the cleanest hotel I have seen in a long time. The room was spotless, the bathroom clean and in good repair, and the view was magnificent! In addition, it was about half the price of nearby hotels. I will definitely stay here again.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Best Western Plus Cincinnati Riverfront Downtown Area
Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
Aloft Newport on the Levee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!