“Outdated and gross!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Hilliard, Ohio
“Outdated and gross!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of the hotel from outside was that it looked nice and good location to stay in. Upon arrival, the "parking garage" in the dark basement did not look inviting even in daylight. I was traveling for work and wanted a nice view of the city. When I asked the sales clerk if I could get a view he immediately responded in an annoyed way that he didn't know what he had available. He wasn't nice and seemed annoyed that we were there. The rooms were outdated, the carpets were gross!! They had stains all over the floor. The latch to the balcony door was broke. The shower curtain wasn't clean and had something on the inside. The shower had black stains within the tile- let's hope this wasnt mold. Overall, I was highly disappointed and the place was gross! I will not be staying here again nor recommend the place!

• Stayed August 2013
HangB_13, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am very sorry your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance staffs and we are working diligently to make sure these issues do not happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is designed similar to the Radisson Hotel in Duluth, MN. Its a round hotel and each room faces out ward. The center of the building is elevators and stairs. Neat design idea. The circle floors feel like you are walking further than you really are. I suppose with time, you would get used to it. Hotel staff seems quite cheerful. Rooms are nice. Out the window you have the river on the left. As you pan right, you have 2 liquor stores about a block away from the hotel. Then a nice looking park. And on the right, a view of the freeway. If that's what you're looking for, this is your place. If you wanted somewhere peaceful or a downtown metro shopping area, well this isn't your place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great view of Cincinnati, short walk to main street for night fun, easy walk to Cincy for shopping and the best restaurant on the top floor with a great view and excellent food. Stayed on the 15th floor and the traffic did not keep me awake at all. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful especially "Tim" he arranged shuttle to Horseshoe Casino. Definitely would stay at Radisson Hotel again!

Room Tip: Great location for walking to see sights also traffic was not a problem for me the noise was not tha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was in Cincinnati area to help my son move and decided to stay overnight at the last minute. Used Hotwire so hotel was a bit of a surprise.
Check in was quick and easy. Lobby was very welcoming with a touch of elegance. I requested a room on far side away from 1-75. Room had a great king size sleep number bed. Room was very clean. This room also had a bathroom divided-sink in separate area from tub and toilet. This is most helpful when there is more than one person staying in a room!!
I had a good rest and woke up to a spectacular view of Cincinnati skyline line. My room had a walk out balcony.
Check out went very well. Ms. Francis was very friendly and helped me with my questions about the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Request room away from noise of 1-75.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra C
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here during the Cincinnati jazz festival the price was high but the staff.are.very friendly, the rooms are small but clean. Close to waffle house and the breakfast.was delicious. I would stay there again but not for.the.concert I will stay downtown next year.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank PERKEISHA
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on August 17. Normally I am not picky on hotels, but this one has some big negatives. First, our room was on the Riverfront side, near the highway. It was extremely loud all night long- not one of us slept well, and two of us had earplugs. We also had a bathroom door that was super squeaky- every time anyone went to the bathroom it made a very loud noise. Our room was very dated, but clean- no issues with that at all. One of our sleep number beds did not work, and it was hard as a rock. We had one bed with the dual air and one single. The single air felt like sleeping on an air mattress- not on an actual bed. The positives- staff was friendly, the pool was fine, it was on the riverftont, so it was close to the sports stadiums and some awesome restsurants and the location was right off the highway. I would only stay here again if I could get a room not on the side of the highway and if it were for one night.

1 Thank Leighg24
Jacksonville, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very small and not worth the $139 a night that we paid. The hotel bar/cafe usually only had one person working and they were bartender/waiter.

We had problems with our toilet but the maintenance staff was quickly there to fix that issue. The highway is directly outside of the hotel and this made for a very loud night.

1 Thank dathomp00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!