“Not a bad choice.”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not a bad choice.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Complainers will complain...The hotel is fine! It's an older building but the lobby and rooms have been updated. The bed is comfortable. The sheets are clean and fresh. We asked for a view of Cincy and we got it. The customer service at the reception desk was very good! We booked through Hotwire so I can't say on the price but I don't feel like I overpaid. I love Radissons, and the reviews had me scared!
It's a busy city! There WILL be noise unfortunately. The views are enjoyable though and the activities are endless in the summer. With the sliders closed I could barely hear 71 noise.
I travel a lot and I would stay again :-)

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was very basic, the bed was very uncomfortable my neck is still hurting two days later and it squeaked every time you turned over… Our room was located on the 6th floor facing 71 so we could not get much rest because of the noise from the traffic all night long.

I think this hotel is a bit overpriced…

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 4, 2013

While the rate was great, the hotel was not. Pics are deceiving and it's not as nice as it looks. Room was so so, but air conditioning was an old and very loud unit that woke me up every time it kicked on. Someone came to check it out, but basically just shrugged his shoulders. Bathroom was old and outdated. Worst was that I had to work during the day, but while they advertise free wi-fi, it never worked and no one at the front desk seemed to care. Also, the bed was a Sleep By Numbers bed and while that may seem fun, it's not a good mattress if you're sleeping alone. I was also on the highway side, which was loud. Hotel felt claustrophobic instead of inviting. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HangB_13, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed these with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I live in town, but every now and then we treat ourselves to a weekend at the Radisson. The veiws are wonderful, the staff is always very friendly and room service is generally great (hit and miss every now and then...but, overall pretty good!). The highway noise is a problem on the floors below about 10 or 11, so ask for a higher room. We always ask for as high a floor as we can get. The local entertainment district in Covington, KY is just a short few blocks away (Chez Nora, Dee Felice, etc.) and downtown Cincinnati right across the bridge. Great place for a fun weekend!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are the less likely to have highway noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson overnight when attending a family event. The hotel is old and there are some signs of it. However, the view of the Cincinnati skyline from our balcony from the 9th floor was lovely. Do not expect to see much of the river, however. We had a "peak" of the river from this floor but that was after asking to change from the 7th floor. I found a senior rate that made it a better value but that rate was not available for a Saturday night. The sleep number beds had some wear and It was hard to get them adjusted so my bed (two in the room) was not comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Radisson, convenient location right off of 71. Everything in Cinci booked (why???).

Nice lobby, small restaurants and bar, but well stocked. Little lunch there was fine. Decent beer selection.

Room was ok...not huge but ok. AC worked ok, shower, etc. Sleep number bed ok, tv as well...as I said, all ok. Rooms pretty sound proof---in the hall I could hear a bunch of noise in the room next to mine---great, a night of no sleep...once in room with AC...heard nothing...a plus.

HOWEVER, the noise from the glass doors to the "balcony" (2X3) was outrageous. When I said right by 71, I meant it. Colleagues on the trip had rooms elsewhere and nice and quiet...but mine sounded like in the middle of the Indy 500 all night long.

Aside from the road, ok place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick201
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night and will never be back ! The hotel is dated and warn. When we arrived to check in the person at the desk was by herself answering phones and checking in a line of guests. She was covered up with no help. The "smell" that others have reported is defiantly there. I made the mistake of staying here without reading other reviews first. Something I rarely do. The issue was most everything in the area was booked and I needed a last minute room. The room was small, the wall paper was coming off the walls and the carpet was dirty. I was forced to stay on the I 75 / 71 side and the noise was crazy. The ac unit was able to drown out the traffic, but that was because I could not hear the tv over the ac. The furniture in the room was terribly mismatched. There is a clat screen TV with several channels. The sleep number bed did not work. I could also hear the people in the rooms around me shouting in the middle of the night. This is not your typical Raddison. There is indoor parking and a indoor pool which I did not use. The 360 restaurant was overpriced so I did not eat there.

• Stayed June 2013
HangB_13, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Comfort Suites
#3 of 6 in Newport
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!