“Not a bad stay- just not the best”

Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
dayton
“Not a bad stay- just not the best”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overall, my impression of this hotel was that it had it's good points and bad but we enjoyed it. I don't recommend the restaurant, Kelly's Pub- it seemed understaffed and the food wasn't all that good for the wait we endured for both dinner and the breakfast buffet (they literally ran out of food!) The pool and hot tub were nice, and our room was nice. Not sure I could get used to the sleep number bed, but it wasn't bad. Was a little disappointed there wasn't a fridge or microwave in the room. And as another reviewer said, the balcony is pretty pointless... there is barely enough room to even stand out there. Also, did not care for the fact that we were facing the highway but closed BOTH sets of sliding glass doors which seemed to help. Again, we were ok with it overall- we had the Newport Aquarium package and it seemed to be a good deal in total.

Room Tip: try to ask for a room NOT facing the highway
1 Thank piscesangel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Arrived in town for the Reds game and stayed here for 1 night. They were sold out so the front desk was very busy when we tried to check in. The game was at 4pm so we tried to check in before but were told our room wasnt ready. Came back after the game and our room was ready. The lady at the front desk whispered to the other lady that there was a "maintenance block" on our room and she told her to give it to us anyway. The room wasnt bad at all. It was clean, didnt smell bad and overlooked the riverfront. It did have two sleep number beds that did not work at all. Maybe that was the reason for the "maintenance block"! We didnt mind because after drinking a few beers at the game and walking over to MainStrasse Village and having a few more cocktails, we could have slept on the street with the bums over at the Mcdonalds. Seemed like alot of homeless people were hanging at the old Mcdonalds. Mainstrasse Village was alot of fun and is within walking distance of the hotel. Also, we took the trolley to the game and back. It was only $1 each and was definately alot better than driving. Highly recommend the trolley.
Overall, this hotel was good for an overnighter while going to the game!

1 Thank DRINDY
Hazard, Kentucky
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Radisson in ky and I really enjoyed it. The only con I would have is the room I stayed in didn't have a mini fridge other than that I loved it! My son had to go to Cinn Children's hospital and they offered to shuttle us to the hospital and back. I thought was a great thing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Erica C
Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just a quick 1 night stay and everything seemed to be "ok".
I did like the round design of the hotel - easy to spot when walking around the city.
The Trolly stop was close and so were a lot of places to eat and drink.
The room was a good size. Yes, we did experience some of the traffic noise from the highway which did keep me up some of the night (and we are used to traffic noise at home!) but that is something we knew about going into the situation. I had also read a lot of complaints about the bed which I thought to be comfortable but my husband did not like. I appreciated the free bottled water in the room. The pool area looked really nice but we unfortunately did not have time to use it.
I do have 2 complaints. One was the basic the customer service. I really thought none of the staff members were particularly warm - always somewhat cool. When we called for directions from the Museum area, the person who answered the phone said they had no idea where the Museum was and offered not additional assistance.
Also, it might be a small thing, but the table outside the elevator on our floor was covered in dust. I could basically write my name in it.
All in all, I think that I would probably stay again since it was a good price and a good location.

Chicago
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Booked here for $61 a night for two nights and two rooms using Hotwire.com! Clean room with a balcony view of Cincinnati, friendly staff and hot coffee available ALL the time! This is a hotel I will definitely stay at again when in the Cincinnati area. The sleep comfort beds are great, don't know if I would have one myself but it was great being able to make the bed firm when my partner wanted it even firmer!

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at this hotel occasionally for work. The highway on one side and train tracks on the other, make it difficult to get a sound sleep. It's located a short distance from the river, across from downtown Cincinnati with only fast food restaurants in close proximity. If you're a bit more adventurous, there are sit down type restaurants about a ten min walk away. The area is not the best and I wouldn't go out walking alone at night.

The beds are horrible, unless you enjoy sleep number beds. They have some regular beds but always seem to be sold out of those rooms.

Its worth the extra money to stay across the river in downtown Cincinnati where nightlife, entertainment and restaurants abound.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a high floor that doesn't face the highway or railroad track and book a rooms with...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Skych8ser
Kayla R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for your response. I apologize that you did not enjoy your most recent stay with us. I wanted to let you know that we have replaced more of the sleep number beds with regular matresses, so these will be more availabel. We also offer shuttle service that will get you into the downtown area. Thank you!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ok place with really great staff. We walked to a Reds game and enjoyed the close location with $1 shuttle. Hotel bar not open after night games, though. Eat across the river or upstairs at the revolving restaurant early in the evening.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Allison T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!