“Excellent All Around Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I definitely reserved a Riverview Room, from reading other review's and it was beautiful (with a Balcony). We checked in (free parking) and went to our room and when my husband looked out on the Balcony he saw Cincinnati playing baseball and JBruce just hit a home run/lots of fireworks! Older, Renovated Hotel and is Fantastic with a Pub (good food). Lot's to see in this city!

Room Tip: Riverview Only, or it's a balcony looking over a huge freeway! But, all the room's are top...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jewell R
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is the best that my wife and I have stayed in! I always wondered what the tall circle building was until we went there. The parking garage was great! The room we had was on the west side on the 13th floor. Right next to the highway. But the 2 double doors to the balcony filtered out the noise. The flat screen tv was nice but had nothing on. Which doesnt matter because with the free internet I just watched Netflix. The bed was AWESOME! They are sleep numbers so of course I made mine as soft as it would go where my wife had her side firm. I slept like a baby. The tub was small but I dont really care. I wasnt there for the tub. The view was great, the staff were extremely friendly which is rare. The pub was great, the pool was great even the hot tub was great. We had a great time at this place and would go back in a heartbeat. Only thing I didnt like was the fact that the elevators are too fast. Normally it would be a good thing. But in my case it made me sick every time. But for most people it wouldnt be a problem so dont judge this place for that reason.

Room Tip: Get a north side room. The view of the city is to die for.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Going by some of the reviews here, I was very skeptical about this place. I wanted to take a chance since I was traveling alone on business and the brand Radisson is worth taking a risk. It was a brief stay and the staff were extremely courteous and friendly. Nice TV & channel line-up. The Pizza-slice shaped rooms was different and can be amusing for symmetrically challenged folks like me :). No complaints on Sleep number bed as many of the reviews say here. Would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Voyager_Kams
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just returned from the Macy's Music Fest in Cincinnati (the last weekend in July). Over 70,000 people attended the fest from all over the U.S. The group I was with opted to stay in Covington, Kentucky across the bridge, 5 minutes from the stadium.

The hotel was a great choice, clean, good service and a very pleasant staff. The breakfast buffet was worth getting up, reasonably priced, and the Sunday Brunch was tasteful and elegant. My room was large with a balcony (all the rooms have balconys). If you don't want to eat in the hotel there are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

We spent the day in Cincinnati by way of a trolley that runs from Covington to Cincinnati several times a day for $1.00. The scenery was worth the price.

The hotel allowed us to enjoy an exciting, fun filled week-end without the crowd in downtown Cincinnati.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Looks like it used to be nice. Rooms were clean. Pool was nice. Kellys pub service was very slow and food at buffet was not great. Worst part is laying down to only be able to hear the loud highway. I would not stay again. Stepped upstairs to the "nice" restaurant and it was stinky.

• Stayed: July 2012
Kayla R, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Feathera,

Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. I understand that you feel our hotel is a bit outdate but we hope that you will be back again and let us show you that our customer service is the shining star at the Radisson. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kayla Rose

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We initially stayed at this hotel after our wedding 13 years ago when it was still a Clarion Hotel. We have stayed many times since with the most recent last week. We now live in SC and love to still come to Cincy and stay at the Radisson and watch the Reds! We were given a room with a Cincinnati view on the 13th floor and the traffic noise everyone complains about was hardly noticeable. We are from a rural area and sounded more like background white noise. Although the rooms could use a little updating, they were immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The price was a little high at $165 a night, but all decent hotels in the Riverfront area are priced the same during any kind of event. Overall a great trip for our anniversary and a great treat to take out daughters back to the "round hotel" and a Reds game. Not sure what is up with the negative reviews, but please give the Radisson a try.....you will love it!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 887andreaw
Kayla R, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Handlgirls,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Cincinnati Riverfront. We are so happy that we hold a place in your memories and can continue to offer you a wonderful stay much like yours 13 years ago. We look forward to your next visit and thank you very much.

Warm Wishes,

Kayla Rose

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice clean elegant hotel with great service. I slept well and it was in walking distance of great restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business