“Our stay”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Wheelersburg, Ohio
“Our stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The common areas were very nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We obtained the room through Priceline so our rate was good as well. Our only problem was with the room itself. It really needed a face lift overall. Our TV did not work well, the remote did not work and the sleep number bed did not work as well. Our comforter on the bed had a cigarette burn in the center as well. The room was designated as non-smoking but it did not smell or look like a non-smoking room. It was too bad the room was in that kind of shape b/c like I said the staff were great. Probably won't stay at this location again- especially when there are so many other options available.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anitabowman62
Radisson_Riverfront, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we always strive to provide the best experience for our guests and I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was anything less than that. If you should decide to stay with us again I hope that you'll let us know when things go wrong such as a TV remote or the sleep number bed not working as we do have a 24hr engineering department that is happy to assist in correcting these issues. In regards to the room condition, we are currently working on some upgrades which should help freshen up our guest rooms for any future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Columbus, OH
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here with my two boys while enjoying the cincinnati riverfront and newport aquarium. The hotel was just OK. Upon arriving, I was told that eventhough I requested connecting rooms on my online reservation form the front desk had no indication that was what I wanted and could not accomadate me. That said the rooms were clean and the view of Cincinnati was amazing. I had city view rooms on the 17th floor and the view was worth the extra $$$. That said, because the rooms face an interstate, they were NOISY!!! The pool and spa areas are amazing and the kids loved the revolving restaurant on the 18th floor. Great views, good food, but poor service. Try the scallops, they are divine. The underground parking with no charge is a big plus as well.
Overall, my expierence was just so-so....

1 Thank minnerColumbus_OH
Thank you for choosing the Radisson and sharing your comments. We're glad that overall your stay went well but I hope that next time you visit us you'll give the hotel a call directly at 859-491-1200 prior to arrival so that we are aware of and able to accomodate any special requests such as adjoining rooms as listing these for reservations through a thrid party or via a rooming list don't always carry over to our hotel unfortunately. I do hope that you'll consider us again the next time you stay in our area.
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

For all of the bad reviews I have read we enjoyed our stay. Family of four used this hotel as a base for a three day vacation in and around Cincinnati. The rooms were clean and yes there was some highway noise as our room was immediately adjacent to I-75 but there are two double pained sliding doors so the noise was minimal. The location is excellent for ballgame, aquarium, Kings Island, and museums we visited. Staff was excellent, Wi-Fi worked well and the @25” TV served our four year old well while we were getting ready to leave for our next trip! (Flat screens are nice, but that’s not what we came for, if I wanted to watch TV would have stayed home). Parking is convenient outside or underground garage, both free. Dinning at Three Sixty is little pricey but the view is incredible. Kelly’s is in the main lobby has a breakfast buffet $7.95 and dinner and evening food comparable to pub type restaurant for price, if that’s out of your league there is several restaurants within walking distance and one right across the street. Covington and Newport have way too much to offer to stay and eat at the hotel (sorry Radisson). Overall was it was a very good stay and would recommend, if you are ok with what I mentioned. Thanks Radisson.

Room Tip: Hotel is booked and on a Tues can ask for room away from hightway, not sure if you will get it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay; we're so happy that you had a nice time on your vacation to Cincinnati and we certainly hope that you will consider staying with us again should your travels return you to our area. You can also let your son know that we've upgraded our 25" TV's since your stay so next time you visit he should be able to enjoy his cartoons on a flatscreen in HD! Enjoy the rest of your summer and we hope to see you soon.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The first night my grandson flushed the toilet and sewage backed up into the sink. We had to call twice and wait almost an hour to get it fixed; still it was never disinfected after it was flushed back down with water and paper towels. UGH! My daughter and one of her sons slept on the sofa sleeper-which totally sucked/stained/ no bed linens. We had to complain to get those! Then, to top off the first night, her air conditioner got stuck on freezer mode and she couldn't turn it off! The second day I called down and told them I was getting tired of complaining at three hundred dollars a night for a suite, and to get the air fixed! It was stagnant. Turns out they had to take it off the wall and carry it over to the unit for it to work! OOPS! My TV remote didn't work and to top it all off the sleep number bed never had a number. I own a sleep number. They have numbers people! YUCK! Don't waste your money. It was, at best, a $100 room. The staff was polite, the management was non-existent. By the way Radison, I saw one man on three of our troubles, hire more help, you certainly charge enough to do it! Kelly's restaurant was nice and friendly. The only plus. Sad, sad, sad.

Room Tip: Stay out and sleep in the parking lot, better yet, sleep in someone else's parking lot
2 Thank ivorieshewolf
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns; it sounds like you encountered a few unusual issues during your stay and for that we sincerely apologize. I am happy to say that we are upgrading the furniture in our guest rooms (including the pull out sofas in our suites) as well as upgrading to flat screen TV's in every room which will hopefully help to correct some of the issues you experienced. Unfortunately from time to time things such as AC Units do freeze over and need to be repaired but I do hope that the maintenance man who assisted you was able to replace your unit quickly and with minimal disturbance to your day. Again, please accept our apologies for your difficulties; I hope that in the end we were able to make it right for you. The next time you visit us I hope you'll let us know about those troubles again so that we can pay extra attention to your reservation to ensure your satisfaction.
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed June 26, 2011

As others have already said, building a hotel in the round is not a good design idea. Because it's a circle, you ride up through the center of the building - so one half of the rooms have the elevator noise and the other side of the circle gets the ice machine / coke machine noise - they are out in the hallway, back to back of the elevators. We travel with a fan and even keeping it on high, found it hard to sleep with the ice machine noise as that's the side our room was on.

The room itself was OK. Average. We were there for a Reds / Yankee game and were surprised the hotel has no shuttle to the ballpark, which is a couple of miles away. They will use their van if it is available but no guarantee. So we walked, and as long as you have no ambulatory problems, it's not a bad walk. You can stop at a restaurant / pub along the way.

Kelly's Irish Pub, on the first floor of the hotel, is great. Food is very reasonably priced and good. They have a buffet breakfast / lunch and on Tuesday's have a night special for their famous 1/2 lb. burgers - I believe it was only $5.99. That was the best part of the stay.

Room Tip: don't think you can win, here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KKFShreveport_LA
Radisson_Riverfront, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
KKFShreveport_LA,

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We hope that you enjoyed the Reds vs Yankees game- what a rare treat that series was! You are correct in stating that our Airport Shuttle service is not always available to make local trips for guests as we have to ensure that we're available for trips to and from the airport. This is a service that most hotels in our area don’t offer so we like to make sure that we keep our word when we offer FREE Airport Transportation. When we do have shuttles available, we're happy to assist you, but we never advertise a local shuttle or a guarantee to be able to drop off and pick up. As you mentioned we are within walking distance of many attractions and for those that are a little further, we're located on the Southbank Shuttle Line (a local trolley service that can take you around town for just $1.00 per ride!). We're pleased that you had the opportunity to take advantage of the great deals we offer in Kelly's Public House (our Irish Pub on the first floor). I'm sorry to hear that the noise from the vending machines disturbed you, we do have those machines on every other floor so we're happy to accommodate you on a floor with no machines upon request next time you visit us.

Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My Grandson and I stated here two nights.
PROS: location, room with a view, two restaurants, good service, balcony, revolving restaurant parking underground, sleep number beds....
CONS: small TV , small bathroom, No fridge or microwVe.. Expensive food in the revolving restaurant, but the view is awesome.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank hoosierdeb21
Radisson_Riverfront, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Hoosierdeb21,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Radisson! We're very pleased that you and your grandson enjoyed your stay with us. We wanted you to know that we're currently working on upgrading all of our guest rooms so that there are flat-screened TV's. If there is no refrigerator or microwave in your room, you can request one by dialing the front desk and we're happy to accommodate you if possible!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Got this hotel on Hotwire for $77 +tax. Began to get worried when looking it up here afterward. The negative reviews are correct from my experience.

When I checked in, I found that my room faced the interstate and was very noisy. I then asked the front desk for a different room that was more quiet and away from the highway. However, I was then given a room two doors down that was even CLOSER to the interstate. After a 15 minute wait I was given a third room that was not as close to the highway but there was still lots and lots of road noise inside. The AC helps when it is on, but I could not find a way to leave the AC fan running all night to drown out the noise.

As the rooms are grouped in twos and there is apparently very little soundproofing, I also heard a lot of noise from the room next door, particularly running water from the sink and shower.

The television is very old (not flatscreen) and laughably small (19" or so). At times many of the channels would not work, and some of those that did work had a bad picture.

The bathroom is very small, especially for a supposedly 3-star hotel.

The only positive was a king-size Sleep Number bed, though the remote control seemed to be broken as it often would not respond to button presses.

An inferior hotel overall, especially given its star-rating, and my stay was made worse by poor service. A negative experience and I cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank killertofu56003
Killertofu56003,

Thank you for your recent stay with us! I apologize that our rooms did not quite meet your expectations; as we are close to the Interstate, if you are not accustomed to the noise of the city it can seem a little loud at times however, we do provide our guests with double paned balcony doors which if kept closed help considerably with the noise level. In regards to your sleep number bed remote and the AC not running all night; had our engineering department been made aware of the difficulties you encountered they would have been more than happy to assist with replacing batteries on the remote and ensuring your AC was set properly. I am happy to report to you that you are right about our televisions and that is why we are currently in the process of re-wiring our hotel to make HD programming available to our guests, and replacing the TV's in each room with a flat screen television. This update should be completed in the coming weeks. Should you find yourself in the area again we hope that you'll consider staying with us again so that we have the opportunity to make up for the difficulties you experienced.

Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!