“Value”

Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Typical older Holiday Inn built a few years ago and newer upgraded. I stayed here for the value and I can say the room etc was clean, but there are other hotels in the area that are priced similar thay are better. I had HI Reward Points and didn't really care about where I stayed so I selected this one. In a seedy area with a view of nothing. The staff was friendly but I never ate there or used the services. It has an outdoor pool but no indoor pool and the workout area was nothing to write home about.

The rear parking lot is dimly lit and doesn't have any surveillance so If you like your car I'd park out front. Stopped in the bar and had an ale but aside from the wait staff I was the only one there and the bartender acted as if she had someplace else to be.

The rooms are outdated but like I said they are clean and safe.

Room Tip: It is a three story hotel with a view of nothing from the top to the bottom. The front or (southsid...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OneFlight53
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear OneFlight53,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I would like to recommend this place for anyone visiting Cincinnati. It is clean and convenient to Cincinnati via a short drive or even a walk, Close walk to all the stadiums. Very close to food and bars. A great experience. A great small snack bar, reasonable priced food and breakfasts. Healthy options on the menu. Nice small pool, and work out room very good tread mills. Staff is super friendly and helpful (I am not just saying that either),,,, Free trolly or damn near free,, stops outside of hotel. Takes you everywhere. Parking garage (free), fast food across the street and 3 blocks from the upscale, creative type restaurants. easy on easy off the interstate.

Room Tip: get a river view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

No complaints. Nice typical room was clean; not noisy at night. We paid $122 (which included all the taxes etc.) So we thought that was a good value. Brkfast in the restaurant was good, but not included. We came in Dec. 1st for the Dead Sea Scrolls and Taft Art Museum. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was good. We would recommend this hotel. It's not super-opulent new but overall good quality/value. And very accessible to downtown Cinci via a trolley. And Covington has its charms also.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend. We loved the location and how clean and updated our room was. Very friendly staff provided a microwave and a mini fridge for our convenience with no extra charge. We will be coming back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Went there with my 2 teenage daughters for Veterans weekend for Giants Bengal game. Great front desk service. Made me feel special. Can't say that about any other place I've stayed and I stay in a lot of hotels. Clean rooms. Only nock on the place, no free continental breakfast. Otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel lobby was decorated for Christmas and looked very nice. Nick who checked us in was very friendly & answered all our questions. Room was very clean, bed comfortable, plenty of linens. Breakfast pretty good. Kudos to Casey & Diedre both of whom were also very friendly & helpful. Would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Prompt, courteous check in with no flaws. Was upgraded to a complimentary executive suite at no charge and given a 155 discount for the restaurant.
the room was very nice and the beds were comfortable as well. Willl book here again.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel for added amenities.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business