Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront
$123
Hampton.com
$260
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskoutdoor poolskyline chilithe riverreds gamewaffle houseenjoyed my stayfree breakfastrooms were very cleanball gamemain strassefast foodwould stay here againmini fridgean older hotelbed was very comfortablereggie
Reviewed November 6, 2011

we had to make a trip recenlty to cincinnati childrens hospital. i had never been to this area. the hospital made our reservations for us. i found it kinda of odd that we were booked in KY but since they were used to making the reservations i accepted it. i am glad i did. this is a wonderful place to stay. unfortunately we were able to use the pool, our own personal reasons but it looked like fun! the manager was absolutely wonderful, he welcomed us as soon as we walked in the door, the lady was checking us in and he was asking what we were in town for. he was soooo helpful and they went well out of their way to make our visit a great one. we had a perfectly clean room, everyone we delt with was great. the desk people printed out some driving directions for us to different areas to visit in the evenings after we were finished with all the doctors appts. the lady taking orders in the restaurant was amazing!!! she was so helpful. i have celiac disease and cant have wheat rye barley ---any gluten whatsoever or i get extremely ill... she took her time with me and was very concerned... i told her what i was interested in eating and she made it all possible for me to get what i wanted with out me getting 'glutened' we will definately be using this holiday in for everyone of our visits to CCH. thanks for all you did to make our tough time a little easier for us.. we appreciate it!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed for four nights on business. Position is handy for getting to downtown. Apparently good for getting to thefootball/baseball games. Great position if you like fast food - McDs, BK, WhiteCastle etc outside door. Also two blocks north of Main Street, Covington, which has some very good restaurants (and pub with excellent choice of beer).The hotel is next to the main road bridge over the Ohio from the south and traffic noise is loud all day long. General room and hotel decor is good and well maintained. Window leaked traffic noise badly. Service was excellent throughout - front desk, dining-room, cleaning. Nice people. Dining-room/bar was disappointing: dark and unwelcoming. Breakfast was well cooked, but limited. Lunch/dinner menu very basic. I had two meals there - food was not good. No draft beer, either. I would recommend it as a place to sleep, but to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here as part of a group tour package I booked with my husband. Rooms were and comfortable, but the breakfast buffet was terrible. I'm glad it was already part of my package, because I definitely would not have paid extra for it.

Wasn't impressed by the location. For a hotel with "riverfront" in the name, you'd think that you could at least see the Ohio River, but that wasn't the case. I also wouldn't recommend going outside of the hotel alone at night, unless you want homeless people approaching you for money, food, etc. I definitely won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Had a wonderful stay. Had an issue with a missing lighter. Maids may have thrown it away. They were constantly orginizing my stuff, which would be nice if nothing was missing. At most places if you leave someting on the sink counter they leave it alone and clean around it. Here they moved them aside and put them neatly on top of the water closet. The desk manager was neet as he replaced my missing lighter.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Rooms are dirty and its in a bad area and they are rip off artists! Do NOT stay in this hotel

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel its dirty and old
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
jasondruso, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Riverfront, I sincerely apologize for your recent visit. We go to great lengths to make sure that we provide the right experience for our guests. We would like to invite you back to the Holiday Inn Riverfront in the future so that we may have the opportunity to give you the experience that we work so hard to create.