Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Russellville, United States
“Not kid friendly”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The pool was ice cold. Spend a couple of bucks and put a heater in the pool The evening snacks were not kid friendly. We were here once before and the hotel served cookies. My son reamembers this but was disappointed anfter spending three days at this facility with no cookies. Free or cheaper internet would be nice. Each of these problems can be eaily corrected. It only requires time and money to resolve these issues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Daniel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Marion, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We love staying at the River Front Embassy Suites. The beds are always the best and the rooms are large, ckean, and comfortable. The location of this hotel is very convenient for us when we visit Cincinnati. We attend many baseball games at Great American Ball Park and other attractions in the area throughout the year. The location makes for a simple walk accross the bridge to the ball park or a short ride to any one of the other attractions in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I decided to make a quick overnight trip to the Covington/Newport area for a fun getaway. We got to Covington early hoping to squeeze in a full day and I suggested we swing by the hotel so my wife could see how to get there after our trip to Newport. The wonderful staff suggested that (even though it was still early) I go ahead and check in. They let us know about the shuttles that run over to Cincinnati and to Newport and to MainStrasse in Covington. To make it even better I asked to pay for an upgrade to a riverfront view and they were very helpful getting it taken care of (later I found out they didn't even charge). I can not say enough about how great the staff was, no complaints whatsoever. I also have to brag on what a great location this is. Not only are the river views great, but the shuttle picks up right outside the hotel. This made it great to park our vehicle and just shuttle around to everywhere we went (saves money since everywhere seemed to charge for parking). The rooms are nice, the breakfast was good, and we enjoyed visiting with Emmy for a while. I had never stayed at an Embassy Suites but I will give them a chance after this and I am definitely going to try coming back to this location in particular.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are definitely worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed for four days for a family wedding nearby. Staff was kind and helpful. Ammenities missing were airport shuttle and complimentary parking. Rooms were ok, but a little outdated. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Evening reception was nice until the weekend where costs were definitely cut.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family enjoys coming up to the Embassy Suites in Covington from our home in Lexington, Kentucky just for a nice weekend away. The service is ALWAYS outstanding from check-in to check-out. The evening reception is an enjoyable and relaxing begin to our evening, and the made-to-order breakfast is nothing short of delightful (our omelet chef was SO charming). And our daughter LOVES the indoor pool and Emmy the Macaw, who is the long-standing host in the hotel's atrium. We love ES Rivercenter/Covington and look forward to returning and enjoying their hospitality many times over.

Room Tip: City view is an added bonus if you can get it.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Tough weather, but good stay. Was grateful for the very spacious smoking room and the river view. Great location. You're very close to a nice little cluster of bars/restaurants and in pretty sure you can walk across the bridge to Cincinnati. Beautiful view of Cinci's skyline.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jdlark
Washington D.C.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We chose this particular hotel because my wife and I were visiting friends in Covington and wanted a suite to put our 18-month-old son down for quiet naps or bedtime. This might have worked out fine had the hotel not also booked the rest of its rooms with middle school students participating in a religious youth conference on the same day that we checked in.

Had I known that several hundred preteens would burst into the lobby every evening, run screaming up and down the hallways, stomp on the floors, blast loud music and otherwise cause all sorts of mayhem, I would have chosen another hotel. To add injury to insult, when I voiced my concerns about the noise, which not only woke our son but also made it difficult to have a conversation in the room, the manager offered only a lukewarm excuse about how the students would eventually settle down.

It's pretty clear that Embassy Suites Rivercenter cares more about the big bucks it makes on large, loud groups than it does on the infrequent stays of individuals. Perhaps that's actually a good business move from a cost/benefit standpoint. Accordingly, the next big tour group can have any room I might have stayed in down the road since I will never be going back.

When providing recommendations to friends and family on where to stay in the future, I will steer them away from this hotel, perhaps suggesting the Marriott next door, the Radisson down the street, or any of several better hotels across the river in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel for a good, quiet room.
2 Thank Isaac P
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. We did host a large church group of pre-teens however we insisted that the group supply chaparones and the hotel added additional security as a precautionary measure. For the most part, we found them very well bahaved however your comments indicate that this was not entirely the case. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. In view of your remarks, please email me your contact information (gm@embassyrc.com) as I would like to send you a certificate for a complimentary return stay. We value you and know you have other hotel options however i would like to retain you as our guest. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Location: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati