Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a convention and found it to be very clean and hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. The views were spectacular!!! The Bengals Stadium and Reds Stadiums were right across the river. The extra sitting room was also very nice to have. The breakfast was also great.....bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast, muffins, cereal.......made to order omelets.....I traveled with 4 women and we all loved this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and if traveling with a group ask for adjoining rooms. This was very convenien...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great view just over the river from Cincinnati. Safe, staff is nice and helpful. Breakfast included in your stay which is nice, but the hotel is dated! From the lobby to the rooms, needs an update. The beds are comfortable though but the door locks are old and tough to unlock with key, carpets and furniture are just old compared to what other hotels are offering today. To keep your business clientele, a renovation is due.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I'm very picky about hotels and I found almost nothing to be picky about here. The room was spacious and spotless. I didn't think it smelled musty at all as some reviewers have mentioned. The bedding was comfy and fresh! So nice to have a room in addition to bedroom, especially when staying for more than one night. The room was quiet, even on a weekend. This is a GREAT location with gorgeous views of the river. I just put a request for a river view room in the notes section and we got it. It's only a few minutes walk to the suspension bridge, which you can walk over right to The Banks in Cincinnati. Close to Mainstrasse in Covington and convenient drive to Newport. The cooked to order omelets at breakfast were great, but there was nothing special about the rest of the breakfast. A few of the items on the buffet were not replenished quickly during the peak time. The breakfast was my only reason for not giving 5 stars. There are a couple of other cafes, restaurants, etc. attached to hotel, but it's well worth the short trip to Mainstrasse for breakfast or anything else.

Room Tip: Ask for river view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

In my 18 years of business travel and 10 years as an HHonors Diamond I've only left two hotels because they were dirty, that was until today when I found number three. I have stayed at this property before and had good stays so I'm not sure what happened in the past few years.

I'll just jump to the problems. My check-in experience was not pleasant. I opted for an early check-in, for a fee, and was told the room type I requested was open and was in the final stages of being cleaned and it would be ready in ten minutes. No problem there, I was in town for a trade show and the extra time allowed me to unload my car.

Somehow in the time that I went to my car and got back to check in, the front desk staff changed and the room type I wanted was no longer available. I expressed my confusion but rolled with it. So I clarify with the clerk that the room key was for the correct room and lugged my stuff up to the room.

What I expected to happen did. The key didn't work. I'm willing to give the clerk the benefit of the doubt but this is often a snarky trick to mess with a guest who questions the room assignment. I posed this question to the young lady at the desk when I got back and got a stammer.

So, round two and the key magically works. I get in, change into my suit and am out the door. I get back to the room in the early evening and of course the key doesn't work again. I go back to the front desk and get the third key and the comment, "Oh yeah I was going to send maintainance up to fix that."

So I finally get in the room and have a chance to look around. First off the room smelled musty. I get it, it's on the river so humidity and moisture can be a problem. I then start to notice the furniture is stained and the carpet was not vacuumed well. I then make my way to the bathroom and the toilet was not cleaned. Out of curiosity I took a dry washcloth and rubbed the vanity top and of course it picks up hair and grime. I walk back to the living room and take a closer look and there are what appear to be fingernail clippings in the armrest of the sofa. STRIKE FIVE!

I am a big believer that if a hotel is truly bad and I'm going to give a bad review I'm going to pay for the stay. I did in this case and want nothing from this property other than this: Teach your front desk staff to deal with customers in a prompt professional manner. The room key trick is petty and most experienced travelers are aware of it. Second if the room isn't available don't give a definite on a maybe. Finally make sure the room is clean before sending a guest up. I am not one to give one star reviews but everything that could go wrong with this stay did and it has changed my perception of this property for good. My advice is go across the river to Hilton or down the levy to the Hampton. If this is how they treat a loyal Diamond member I feel badly for the budget traveller who think they are getting a deal here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton HHonors Member, we sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not satisfied with our properly. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I apologize if we feel below your expectations. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action. At your convenience, please send me a note directly as I would like to discuss and remedy your concerns (gm@embassyrc.com). Again I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this hotel for a family weekend trip for it's location and amenities, however we were VERY disappointed in the housekeeping, especially given the price of the hotel. The sofa bed's linens had what appeared to be blood on them and although the staff was quick to bring us two extra sets, one set was also soiled. The bathroom had mold in the tub and around the toilet and the entire bathroom needed a good cleaning. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and although we were excited to see the breakfast offered had a "cooked to order" omelette bar (which was OK) we also ended up with moldy bread and stale pancakes on the breakfast bar. The indoor pool was also so cold, our kids couldn't swim. We paid for an upgrade to a river view, however the view was 90% hotel next door and 10% river and only if you stood in the bedroom and craned your head to the right at the window. Not what we expected from an Embassy Suites Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elana H
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping challenges you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in the area, you afford us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Embassy Suites are usually nice and reliable. This is no exception. The valet was nice and helpful. Room was clean bad big and the view of the river was an added bonus. I appreciated the mini fridge and the bed was also very comfortable. It's also a short cheap cab to fun in Newport.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is my 2nd time to this hotel in 5 years. In the five years, the rooms have not been updated. The HVAC in my room was stuck on 67-- good thing I like it cold. Also poor TV due to satellite service. When it rains, no TV. Other than that, staff was A1 great. Location outstanding and free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Location: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Price Range: $166 - $289 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati