Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Dayton, United States
“N I C E Hotel!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was very nice and clean with a friendly staff! We always stay here when we need to go to Kentucky or Cincinnati. The location is central and you can get to the football or baseball stadium rather easily by your own car or by taxi...walking across the river on a nice day as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've been a couple of times and the stay has been very good. First time we went the hotel was a little hard to find the hotel, but didn't take too long.

It is a little more pricey, but has great views of the Ohio river and downtown Cinny. It is close to downtown Cincinnati, U.S. Bank area, Newport Aquarium, and other attractions. We had gone to these attractions listed and my dh went to the race track, so don't know how far that was. We did go to the walking bridge and walked over the Ohio river too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Let me start by saying the staff was really friendly and helpful. And I mean from the point we were helped with our bags when checking in, the front desk, housekeeping, needing directions, and recommendations for restaurants to even my kids getting to feed the macaw in the lounge area. The location with the trolley service to Cincinnati and Newport was fantastic.

The hotel itself seemed like it needed some better finishing touches. The major things in our room were nice and updated (the bed, counter tops). But it could have used a newer fold-out sofa, a better flushing toilet (I know that sounds silly, but such a weak flushing toilet), a brighter room and that the pool door didn’t lock (safety). The pool was small, but clean and warm water (nice!).

One thing that stood out was we were unable to connect our DVD player into the room TV. Traveling with two kids, it’s nice to have some DVDs for them to watch when settling in at night. The TVs were programmed to not allow you to change the inputs. This was confirmed when I called to the front desk.

Overall, I am giving this a 3 out of 5. What could have pushed my score higher would have been to firm up some of the finishing details.

Room Tip: We really liked the Ohio River room view. Seeing the bridges and Cincinnati skyline added to the st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I glad you selected our hotel and the I appreciate the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do value your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services. Should your future travels bring you to the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area, we would once again enjoy the opportunity to be of service to you.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Checked in at 9:30 pm and out at 9:45 pm. Room had an unpleasant odor, bathroom smelled like a gas station restroom, torn sofa, stains on walls and lamp shades - very disappointing. Room had a great river view and bell staff was exceptional. Very surprised Hilton and Embassy Suites have this hotel in their network........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your candid comments. I value hearing from you and others as your constructive comments help us to improve our operation. I apologize that you were not pleased with your accomodations and be assured that I have brought these to the attention of my housekeeping leadership team for immediate corrective action. In addition to not charging you for your suite, please know that I will be sending you a certificate valid for a future complimentary stay. Please accept this with our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.
Milton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were on the last leg of a long road trip and decided to change our final destination from a quick stop over in Winchester, VA to a slightly longer stop over in Cincy. While it was disappointing that the primary reason we made this change was not available to us (it was a Sunday and the Underground Railroad museum was closed), we still had a great time. The hotel is beautiful once you get through the parking garage and in to the hotel. We had a riverview suite, and the view was outstanding. The hotel service was wonderful, and breakfast was above average compared to other Embassy Suites I've visited (Hampton, VA still has the best, from my experience).

I am glad that we made the stop because we got a chance to spend part of the day exploring Cincy and seeing things we wouldn't have otherwise seen, and we got a chance to try the Cincinnati chili of which so many people are so fond (mine is still better). As an avid sports fan, though, I can see myself spending some time in Cincy when my teams pass through, and this will be my hotel of choice for those stays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nmunyat
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 29, 2013

8/26/13 - 8/28/13 Second time staying at this hotel and once again they outdid themselves! The staff was so professional and personal !!! We had a great stay! Only downside is the $22 parking fee but it Was I who chose the valet parking for this price ( as there were other options ) and after coming to terms in my own mind about the price, I got what I paid for......great, quick, courteous service with a smile and a car to the door at my beckon call!!!!! Will stay there again next time to Cincy/Covington!!! Thank you again Embassy Suites Hotel / Covington Staff !!!!

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I stopped over at this hotel for the night to break up a long drive. We would have enjoyed more time. The location on the river and just across a pretty walking bridge from Cincinnati was great. The staff was good, the room was clean and large, the pool was small but fun with an extremely hot, hot tub, breakfast was better than expected. I am not a fan of hotels with rooms that all open in the center to the lobby, but overall the hotel was highly adequate for a stop over and a nice time.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
The Westin Cincinnati
The Westin Cincinnati
#14 of 49 in Cincinnati

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Address: 10 East Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, KY 41011
Location: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati