“great stay, perfect location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Ohio
“great stay, perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2008

Contrary to some of the reviews for this hotel, (which I read after I booked) I found our weekend stay at Embassy Suites just about perfect. The rooms were clean, and newly renovated. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered a great variety of choices and a view of the river. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable of the area. Loved the location. It is right on the river, directly across from the Great American Ballpark, the Freedom Center, and Bengals Stadium. A very friendly doorman gave us directions to Newport on the Levee on foot. It is a pleasant 25 minute walk. We walked over there twice, once to spend a liesurly morning hanging out at Barnes & Noble and enjoying a river view in the Starbucks located inside and the other to take in a movie and lunch. We also dined at the Fish Market and Brio at the Levee. Both were excellent. We took in Fountain Square downtown and Eden Park. The park is sprawling, beautifully landscaped, and includes the Krohn Conservatory, which is free unless you want to see the butterfly exhibit. There are walkways throughout the park that lead to Mirror Lake. The only negative, if you can call it that, to our stay is that our toilet was not flushing properly. One call to the front desk on our way out and it was fixed when we returned. If you stay at Embassy, plan to spend $25.00 per night for valet parking or $10.00 for self park with in and out privileges.
A First Watch restaurant is located two doors down. I highly recommend this hotel for the location, level of comfort and service!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TazsGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Boston area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2008

I would concur with some of the other more negative reviews of this Embassy Suites Hotel in Covington, KY. I stayed at this property for the Tall Stacks riverboat celebration in October 2006 and at this time I thought this establishment was definitely in need of some upgrades and remodeling. Reading some of the more recent reviews, I am shocked that Emabassy Suites is now only planning room renovations. In fairness, I do have to say that the executive suite I stayed in was quite large, but the decor was dated and somewhat garish-I was surprised. I do think this hotel has a very good restaurant. Although service was somewhat slow, the river views were very impressive with a spectacular view of the nearby Cincinnati skyline. The complementary cooked to order breakfast was quite good with expansive breakfast offerings. I should mention that parking in this hotel is terrible-you have to park in a garage and pay for parking which I think is pretty outrageous. The parking garage is horribly designed and access to the hotel is confusing. It's almost like Embassy Suites would much rather you pay for the valet. Overall, not a tremendously bad experience. I would describe this facilty as just nondescript. Rates are average.

• Liked — room size, cooked to order breakfast.
  • Disliked — room decor, parking, poor hotel access from street level.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank jamesway
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2008

My co-worker and I are currently staying at this hotel as I write this review.... while I write this, he is online on his computer finding another place to stay. we travel the country on business together and always choose the hilton or the embassy suites... this experience will change our minds forever. we arrived to an outdated room, but to their defense, they are planning a renovation soon. the room seemed fine at first.....

We went down to the bar got a drink and then went to the pool and jacuzzi area, as we were looking forward to relaxing before business the next day. The pool was cold and the jacuzzi was colder filled with cigarretes and empty beer cups.

We went back to the room to find that our internet access did not work, and the shower never got water warmer than barely luke warm. the front desk seemed to not care saying only that we have let maintenence know, and they should fix it before morning.... guess what it never happened.

I asked if they could move us to a different room, and they said that they had only three rooms available for tomorrow AM (it was midnight when I asked) and that they had five seperate guest checking in for those rooms. if three did not show up they could let is use a different room. I said, well if the rooms are empty now. let us move into one, clean this one and offer it to another poor sole showing up tomorrow. She said, now that wouldnt be fair would it! Not fair???? your over booked and your current guests are not receiving the amentaties promised..... oh well.... never again....

• Stayed January 2008
2 Thank jamesnla
Buffalo, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2007

Stayed here twice last week, because it is a pet friendly hotel. I was disappointed to learn upon arrival about a $25 pet fee, it wasn't until I got home and looked very hard to find it on the website that I located it. Additionally, it's nearly impossible to find a convenient location to walk your pet. Both rooms I stayed in were, to my standards, were dirty, the first was worse than the latter. Hair in both bathrooms, and I had to scrub the tub on the first room before I would use it.

The desk staff was lackluster, and not welcoming at all. The kitchen staff and bar staff were wonderful.

• Liked — The food and beverage staff (3 meals)
  • Disliked — Cleanliness was poor
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcatwag
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2007

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 1 night seeing a Reds game. The hotel was great, we checked in early and had a great room. Its nice having a big room with another tv and a couch. So my girlfriend can sleep so i can close the door and watch tv without waking her up. The gift shop was really nice and the hotels resturnant was typical but it was really good. The prices were not too bad. Ate for about $25.00. THe pool was small but nice and the hotub was nice. They also had a excerise room and a sundeck.

The managers recepition was nice free drinks and food. We walked across the bridge to the reds game the walk was no big deal. It took about 10-15 min. There is a bus takes you to the game for like $1. So next time we stay we might take the bus.

And the best part of the hotel was the breakfast it was so good. They can fix your own omlette. They had eggs, sausage,eggs,pancakes,oatmeal,cereal,fruit,bagels,waffles,donutes. It was the bomb so good. We went to breakfast early around 7:15 so we walked through Covington and Newport it took about 1 hour it was a nice walk. Great Stay!!!!

• Liked — room, Breakfast,
  • Disliked — Snooty People no biggie didn't pay attention to them anyway!!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heels1981
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

We stayed there for a Reds baseball game. We arrived about 10:30 the night before the game as we got caught up in traffic coming from Louisville. We were concerned about arriving late, that there would be nobody to help us at the entrance. It was just the opposite as a young man greeted us and took us right through the valet parking and delivered our bags to our room. The hotel is a bit unconventional as you take an elevator to the front desk. Everyone was very helpful. The view was just beautiful from our riverfront room. Breakfast was wonderful and a short walk in the area was very interesting as it seems to be in a very historical area.At was a a short walk across the bridge to the game. Checkout went just as smooth as check in as the parking people were very nice. I would not hesitate to stay there again, if I am in the area.

• Liked — The ease of getting valet parked and quickly into the room
  • Disliked — nothing bad to say
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank EagleOne59
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

My wife and I recently booked a room in the Embassy Suites, our first stop on a long weekend celebrating out 20th anniversary and were extremly disappointed. We ordered the romantic package and was notified upon checkin (by voice message, no mention of this at the front desk) that the champagne and roses would be late arrivng to the room. No problem with that, we decided to go to the fitness room for a workout, only to find equipment not working.. Went back to the room to relax and the noise in the hotel was extremly loud. Room decor was bland, restaraunt had poor service, breakfast to order was ok but everything crowded. All in all I would not stay here again, Marriott is right next door and a much classer, upscale hotel.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank beachlover111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
The Westin Cincinnati
The Westin Cincinnati
#14 of 49 in Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,036 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Address: 10 East Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, KY 41011
Location: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati