Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Location is about the best thing about this hotel. Walking distance to stadiums and behle st cafe outside hotel has great service and drinks. The free breakfast was pretty good and omlets were made from scratch. The room was completely dirty and smelled like pet urine andwe had to contact front desk several times to clean the room. Not worth the money the pool was being remodeled which should have been stated on the website but wasnt. Will not stay there again and parking was terrible as i could barely fit the the tahoe in the parking garage.

Room Tip: Great location and thats about it
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank larryandbonnie
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments and review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are upholding the highest standards for comfort and cleanliness. I also apologize for the brief closing of our indoor swimming area. We did in fact communicate our need to upgrade the pool area to all the various Internet booking channels we work with. In addition, we posted detailed signage in the lobby area of the hotel to inform our guests and made arrangements with a neighboring hotel (across the street) for access to their pool and health facility. I am very sorry if you were unaware of our remodeling project and again apologize for the inconvenience it caused. Should your future travels bring you back to the Northern Kentucky area, we once again welcome the chance to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel's location is very good. Rooms are spacious, as you would expect at an Embassy Suites. Meeting room was outstanding. Staff everywhere was great.

Mattress and ironing board pad are well past their useful life (the "skeleton" of the ironing board left a pattern in my clothes because the pad is completely gone). Internet is extremely slow.

I came for a meeting which is held here annually. I suppose I'll stay here next year too because it's convenient, but if I get bold, I'll stay next door and walk over for the meetings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank keatingclan
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your comments and overall experience concerning your recent visit. I/we listen and learn from every guest comment as that is how we improve our operation. I am sorry to learn that the ironing board cover and mattress in your former suite were not up to par. We are very close to beginning a large guestroom upgrade project and I'll be sure to note your comments as ways that we can improve. I also wish to apologize for the comments you made regarding Internet speed and bandwidth. We have recently upgraded the bandwidth coming into the hotel to a fiber optic circuit that supplies 30m bandwidth to the hotel. Based on your specific comments, I will alert my Internet provider to make certain the entire circuit is 100% working properly. Thank you again for your comments. Should your future travels find you in the Northern KY area, we once again welcome the opportunity to be of service to you!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Accomodations were great. The hotel is across the street from the convention center which made access to easy and quick. The rooms were clean and spacious. good value for a suite type of hotel.
The breakfast buffet was only average, but a short order cook was available for specific breakfast of our chosing. This option provide much better food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe N

Thank you for your kind remarks! We pride ourselves in providing a safe, comfortable and clean enviromnent and it sounds as though your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your comments and appreciate you staying with us and welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for its proximity to Great American Ballpark. Great location, pleasant walk across the bridge. Have stayed here before but it has gone downhill. The rooms are worn and spartan. The "free" breakfast was, well, you get what you pay for. Never been a fan of powdered eggs and greasy bacon. (Dinner next door at the Marriott was outstanding.) Room service trays (not ours) placed in the hallway in mid-afternoon were still there late the next morning. Front desk was woefully understaffed. Clientele brought coolers and more coolers. Doors were propped open with bed pillows, apparently so we could watch them drink. Like a previous reviewer, we were told our room "was not guaranteed to be ready before 3:00" so we cooled our heels, after a long drive, for a couple of hours. Next time we'll stay next door.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rturner125
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. It is our goal to ensure each guest is 100% pleased and your comments indicate otherwise. The comments you shared about your check in experience and quality of the breakfast buffet will be shared with senior members of the management team for corrective action. The hotel management team learns from comments such as yours as they provide us with ways in which to improve. Again, we are grateful you have shared your experiences. We appreciate the chance to have served you and look forward to again doing so into the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great room, great customer service, but NOT a good view of the Labor Day fireworks. It was stated that the hotel has a view of the fireworks, but that view is not guaranteed until room is determined at check in. Our view was good for one person standing in the extreme corner of the room after moving the furniture to get to that corner, looking out the far edge of the window to the right.
On a good note, the manager was kind enough to adjust our room rate.
I would return to this nice hotel, but not to view the fireworks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark W

Good Afternoon and thank you for your comments! We are happy that you and your family/friends were able to join the Labor Day fireworks celebration this past weekend despite the rainy dreary weather. Nearly 40% of the hotel suites overlook the Ohio River however the location of the Roebling Bridge does obstruct our Fireworks view. Depending on the types of fireworks that are displayed somewhat determines where the "launch site" will be for the show (the fireworks are launched off floating barges in the Ohio River). I am very sorry if your suite was not directly in line with this year's display however it is very difficult to ensure everyone is in a perfect viewing location. We VERY much appreciate hearing from you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Where do I start! Embassy Suites has been one of our hotels of choice until the weekend of labor day. We were told it was a river view room it was not it was street view and hotel was book up. After we entered the room we found approx. a 75% cleaned room and this is not usually the case for Embassy Suites. Next we wanted lunch in the restaurant attached with the hotel. We were given the ( special holiday Menu 25+% marked up pricing) After looking over the outrageously inflated menu prices we saw there was a Automatic 18% gratuity Which I have no problem with if my service is good. Part of our food was not what we ordered and we were not given the condiments we ask for. After no return to our table by the wait staff we decided to just eat the food and leave. In the morning we woke early for breakfast, coffee and a soak in the hot tub only to find the tub empty with maybe 4 inches of water in the 4 1/2 feet deep sauna. This was not only very disappointing but unsafe. The pool area had 6 or 8 small children in or around it and had one of these children jumped or fallen into this sauna there would have been a bad injury. I called front desk ASAP and was told Engineering would look into it. No one showed up in 11/2 hr. we were there. Bad Service, Safety issues! When you pay the Embassy Suites price you should expect Embassy Suites service. Very sub-standard very poor not what you expect from this chain. Maybe there needs to be a look at Management at this facility !

Room Tip: If you want a good river view look into rooms on the 4th, 5th, 6th floor such as 426,427,428,429 526...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgambler

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. I'm not aware of our staff checking you into a partially cleaned suite but would like more details so I may take immediate action to prevent this from reoccurring. When time permits, please drop me a note directly so I may take steps to ensure you are satisfied. The restaurant that you mentioned in your review is not affiliated, owner or managed by the hotel however I will bring your comments to the attention of the restaurant's General Manager, Sheli Kareem. Sheli is a caring person and too would like to hear your comments so she can improve her operation. It is our 100% goal to provide you with a clean, relaxing and safe experience when you stay at this Embassy Suites hotel. Your comments indicate just the opposite and, as mentioned earlier, I would like to hear more from you so I may remedy things. I value comments (any and all) as they provide us with ways that we can improve our operation. Please be assured that your remarks will be shared with the management team for improvement action. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I look forward to hearing from you soon (gm@embassyrc.com).

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I snuck away for a Reds game and some down time, and this was a great place to do it. The hotel staff greeted us with complimentary mimosas, then there was the manager's reception with free drinks and snacks. The hotel was just a short walk from the Great American Ballpark and the staff was very accomodating. The room was spacious, well equipped and clean. Could not have asked for more. Breakfast was ample and pretty good for hotel fare. Again the staff got different drinks for us than the standard fare and were very courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliewillgreg
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Good Afternoon! Thank you for sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you and others got to enjoy a baseball game and hopefully more of what our GREAT city has to offer. I smiled when you mentioned Mimosas as that is our "Friday Only, Welcome to the Weekend" treat (Friday's from 5-6pm). Friday is usually a work day for many of us and we at this Embassy feel that our guests deserve special treatment considering they have probably drivin quite a distance to be here! Thanks again for your positive comments...we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront
Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
Best Western Plus Cincinnati Riverfront Downtown Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Location: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Price Range: $137 - $245 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati