“delicious breakfast, mediocre room, awful pool!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The room was okay. Probably could use some updating, but it seemed clean enough. However, we were excited about the pool but were very disappointed. The water was so foggy that we couldn't even see our feet in the bottom of the pool. The floor was disgusting, it was covered in standing water with black slimy something in it. There were no clean towels at the pool. After 2 phone calls and almost an hour housekeeping finally brought some. On the good side, the omeletts for breakfast were delicious! I would recommend this hotel for someone who just needs somewhere to sleep. But I would definitely not recommend it for a relaxing experience or anyone who wants to spend anytime in the actual hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zoe t
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you for your honest and candid comments. On one hand, I am happy you had a great breakfast however I'm disappointed that you were less than satisfied with our pool and overall physical appearance. We are in the middle of an ongoing renovation whereby we are systematically upgrading a variety of features in the guestroom area and, as we speak, our swimming pool is being remodeled with a fresh and new look to be complete by the end of the month. We reallly value having you and hearing your comments. Please afford us another opportunity and come visit us again as you will see the upgrades we have made.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel back in February. During my stay, I found 2 live roaches running around my room. The first one ran and hid and the second one was in my daughter's bag. Which I killed and brought to the front desk. The hotel did not compensate me like they should have. This is a nice place to stay as long as you aren't in a roach infested room and you don't have any customer service issues. A supervisor has yet to contact me about this issue. I've only dealt with an assistant manager who had to ask his boss for everything. So disappointed!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank A P

Oh my gosh! I very much apologize for what you encountered and find it very odd that this has occurred. I can assure you that we have a detailed housekeeping and engineering effort in place and what you have may have experienced is not even close to the "norm" at our hotel. Please drop me a note so I can gather additional details (gm@embassyrc.com). I am very concerned over your comments...your satisfaction is our #1 concern!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hubs and I just wanted a close, quick night away. Embassy is always a good choice. We booked at this one, knowing there was a $1 shuttle that would take us to Haufbrau Haus. Upon check in (we booked just a regular room), we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. In the LOBBY of our ROOM we had a baby grand piano. WOAH! If only either of us could play. hahaha We've been in a few presidential suites and this one was nicely appointed. Two sitting areas, one with a TV. A parlor off the master bedroom. 1.5 baths. Dining table that seats 8 and the most spectacular views of the Ohio River and over into Cincinnati. The views are much better at night when the skyline was lit (as most know the Ohio River isn't the prettiest little river in the world). Breakfast was great, even though a little crowded on a Sunday morning...very plentiful, fully stocked.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the River are especially wonderful at night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm really excited to hear that you and your husband had an excellent stay! We pride ourselves on providing excellent service in a clean and professional atmosphere. Whenever we have the opportunity, we enjoy upgrading our guests to the Presidential Suite...it's a one-of-a-kind at our hotel and we too feel it's the best view in the house! Please think of us again for your next opportunity to experience a quick close "getaway". Now that spring is officially here, the views include all the budding of the trees, landscape and more!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed for one night. The facility was well maintained and the service was friendly and helpful. The local river walk area was very nice and family oriented in Covingtonand nearby Newport.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words! I value hearing any and all comments, especially when a guest has a memorable stay. We appreciate you selecting our hotel and look forward to having you again in the future!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We recently took a larg group of 4th and 5th graders to this hotel for a conference at the convention center. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff was very helpful, friendly, and accomodating. The lobby is beautiful and the staff was constantly cleaning and mopping the floors. Pool area is pretty small and the breakfast line can be a little long between 7:30 and 8:00am. The hotel does offer parking for oversize vehicles such as 15 passenger vans and trailers.

Room Tip: The riverview is really nice!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank IV_BOYS
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed at this location on Friday night. We found the usual friendly staff and headed up to our room. The room was average and clean. We had a 7th floor room and were placed immediately underneath a full on party so we got the pleasure of hearing noise until 3am. Once asleep, we were awakened bright and early (not our plan) to the sound of people chatting in the hallway. We also found that the water in the room (I assume this is a municipality issue) smelled unpleasant. We will not be visiting this Embassy again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank knhd976
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My wife and I went for our three year anniversary to the Cincinnati area and stayed at this hotel. The room was very nice, spacious, and very romantic. The room had a very nice bathroom, a nice refrigerator, and a very comfortable bed and furniture. Our room was beside the vending machines and we were concerned that we would not get much sleep, however, the hotel was very pleasantly quiet. The breakfast was the only thing we didn't enjoy so much. I've had better breakfasts at Hampton Inn's, etc. but that was just our experience. We went down 20 minutes into breakfast and the food was cool and no longer warm. Overall, this hotel was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful and printed us off directions for a nearby store and gave us a map to show us how to get to our dinner reseravtions. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daearz77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Location: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Price Range: $149 - $276 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati