“Good choice on Mainstrasse”
Review of Main Bite - CLOSED

Main Bite
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

Mainstrasse in Covington is a nicely developed area of bars, restaurants, and shops. Main Bite specializes in European-style "small plates" and good wine. We had an appetizer plate, the Pastrami Artichoke Dip with pretzel bread. Dip was served hot and creamy and went well with the saltiness of the pretzel bread. I had Thai Red Curry Chicken with Jasmine Rice which included a good selection of sliced onions and peppers. It was slightly sweet with the spicy tang and very tasty. The "small plate" size was perfect. My companion had Mediterranean Flatbread - I thought it was okay but was served cold which I think robbed it of some of the flavor. Wife had crab cakes, soft and tasty with a spicy sauce over. The only complaint was the slow service but I think the restaurant was understaffed because my server completely took care of us.

1  Thank Michael H

Reviewed July 21, 2015

Nice restaurant in Main Strasse village, Covington, Ky. We sat on the patio outside. Although the temperature was getting high, the air was nice and refreshing in the shade. The food was good and the price was reasonable. Nice menue selections for all diners.

Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for lung before heading the the AllStar game this weekend. They had Allstar drink and happy hour food menus featuring creative food and cocktails with a baseball theme. We tried some flat bread and an open faces Caprese BLT. Both didn't disappoint! Service was a little slow to start and it took us a few minutes to get menus and drinks, but there was only one server for the inside and outside of the restaurant. Bottom line, food was excellent, there were a lot of awards on the wall so you know the locals love it, and you can tell it's a little place that makes due by having great food. I'll make a repeat appearance here next time in town, maybe dinner...

Reviewed July 4, 2015

This cute, little restaurant is "sandwhiched" between two equally old buildings right on the old Main Street in Covington, KY. The exterior looks like something "out of New Orleans, LA" , but the interior is comfortably "timeless". It serves delicious food and "guilt-free" portions. The food is fresh and satisfying.

Reviewed May 28, 2015

I googled restaurants in Covington, KY, spotted this one and gave it a try. I was so pleased. It is an intimate little restaurant and also offers outdoor seating in warm weather. They offer a gluten-free menu which is a giant plus for me and I had a wonderful meal. My husband, who doesn't have to deal with gluten issues, had a delicious pasta dinner. We will definitely return!