“Great Food. Period.”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Missoula, Montana
“Great Food. Period.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

One of the things I have always loved about Korean food is the fact that Korean restaurants almost never dumb it down for western palates. Riverside follows in this great tradition. While there are items on the menu that will sell well in any environment, that have a really adventurous section of the menu where you get the real deal. Kimchi stew is great. Beef intestines and tripe was off-the-charts amazing. I'm an experienced eater and I know when I see organs and offal on a menu, you know the cooks know their business. Any clown can chicken, beef, or fish; it takes a love of cooking to clean and cook tripe, intestines, and other organs and make is great. Even if you aren't as interested as eating the "weird stuff," anything on the menu is going to be great.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Boone406

scottsdale
“excellent korean”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

went here with friend in July
food was excellent and menu had classic and interesting Korean dishes
great service
had yummy Korean beer and wines

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank mtnbikerScottsdale
Loveland, Ohio
“Hands Down - THE Best!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Riverside Korean was my first experience with Korean food, and has me hooked for life! I started going there as I worked in a building around the corner, and had lunch at least once or twice a week. I'm not a fan of Asian food, but I'm so glad I tried this place with some friends.

The lunch specials are fantastic, and priced very reasonably at less than $10/each. I usually order the Bul Go Gih (sp?), and it comes with beef, rice, dumplings, 2 choices of sides, and house sauce. The amount of food you get is too much to eat in one sitting, and definitely great to take along for later.

I haven't had dinner there yet, and I know the prices are higher, however, there is a wider variety of offerings, and I believe you get more food. I did buy a Groupon for $40 worth of food for $20, and plan to use it soon.

The restaurant itself is in an older building, so it does have some flavor of that post-industrial business in a small town. However, they have done well with the space they have, and even have some traditional Korean tables with pillows on the floor for seating.

This is definitely a small restaurant, and reservations are always good for dinner especially, but it is absolutely one of my favorites. Their house sauce is fabulous, and I wish I could buy it by the bottle! Service is always fantastic, and I've always had great experiences. Definitely a must try if you're in the area.

• Visited April 2012
Kentucky
“Decent food....but not great!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My son decided to try Korean Riverside for his birthday dinner after reading the TA rating and reviews expected a better dining experience.. We both love good Asain food and always seek out unique and different dining choices. The positive aspect was the service which was excellent. Our server did a great job, answered all our questions and was attentive throughout our meal. The food was OK. We ordered the seafood pancake which came with a side sauce for dipping. We both felt the pancake was quite bland and the side sauce just did not work with the pancake. We also ordered the short rib skillet which was slices of beef marinated in a teryaki sauce and grilled....it was OK but nothing special. We also ordered the Shrimp stir fry extra spicy which was good flavor and seemingly fresh ingredients. One thing that did not impress...the restaurant is divided into two sections. There is a hall between the two sections that looks like if was last remodeled in the 50's. Very old and looked unclean. As we walked through the hall I thought that perhaps we made a mistake to select this place. The sitting area was OK with decent decor. We both decided that we would return if friends wanted to go...but would not choose to dine here again on our own.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank CincyTraveler60
Kentucky
“Get a Grill Table”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went with friends and enjoyed an excellent Korean meal.

I recommend a grill table, or else you will be sitting on pillows on the floor, which I found, on a previous visit, to be a bit uncomfortable.

At a grill table you grill your own meat. So it is hot and cooked to your liking. The food is very authentic and I enjoyed it very much. I recommend reservations as the restaurant is small and you may find yourself waiting a while because it is very popular.

Visited February 2012