“Chez Nors”

Chez Nora
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in historic MainStrasse Village, this popular lunch and dinner spot blends old world charm and contemporary architecture into a multi-storied, multi purpose destination.A Rooftop Terrace Bar and Jazz Club offers live music five nights a week and spectacular views of downtown Cincinnati and the scenic Ohio River.There is no better place to have a banquet, meeting or wedding rehearsal dinner. We have rooms available for 12-70 people.
Columbus, Ohio
“Chez Nors”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Always good food and service. Been here three times while coming thru Cincy. It's outdoor sesting is a nice place to people watch.

Erlanger, Kentucky
“FABULOUS roof top bar!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The roof top bar area is fabulous, the best in the area. You can dine, ( try the crab cakes!!), have drinks with friends, ( nice wine list) and listen to music( jazz!). Music starts early, met friends last week ( Thursday) around 8 pm and live music was already jamming. Nice viewing of Mainstrausse area and fireworks if the Reds win (and boy are they winning).

• Visited August 2012
“Dessert is excellent. Does not smell clean inside the building”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

The meals I've had were good! Loved the crab cake and the dessert! What put me off was the smell of a dirty carpet and kitchen grease. (Just guessing) a good cleaning would clear that up.

1 Thank rbr22
KYSimpleton, Owner at Chez Nora, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for the nice words about dessert. And, more importantly, thank you for noticing something that is easy for us to not notice as we are here everyday. The top to bottom clean-up is underway.
Jim Gilliece, proprietor
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Order a appetizer!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Not knowing what to expect my fiance and I went to this place b/c we heard they they have live jazz music. On a Saturday nite--we made reservations but didn't need too. We were surprised that the place wasn't too packed. Chez Nora is a small but vibrant resistant with bits of charm that makes you want to come back. The food.... So we thought we were going to have dinner and we where at a new place and decided to order appetizers... My man had Crab dip and I didn't like it b/c I don't do sea food but he seemed to really enjoy it! I had the Kentucky Skillet which I suggest everyone try it! The appetizers filled us both up--it was nice to unexpectantly not have to spend a much money and have good live entertainment. I would have liked for there to been a dance floor or more space to move about ... We tried 2 times to order dessert but they were out of the two pies that we were interested in. Overall I'll give it a 7.5 out of a 10 and will be going back for some more Kentucky Skillet!

• Visited August 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and fab crab cakes !”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I took a walk around Mainstrasse, in Covington Kentucky as part of my visit to America last week, and the service was attentive, extremely courteous and satisfyingly efficient. I was very impressed with the guy who served my table and I told him so.

He recommended the crab cakes, and I have to say that they were delicious and beautifully cooked. I took a picture of the building, and of the crab cakes - that's how I happy I was with them ! I'll add them today.
I went during a midweek afternoon, so you would need to read reviews that concern busier times if you want to know about the atmosphere .
If I ever visited that part of the U.S. again, I would make a beeline for Chez Nora.
The exterior of the building is quite English in appearance, with nicely ornate and painted windowsills.. It is a large restaurant, but it's only when you go inside that you realise that.

There are one or two good-looking places to eat in the Mainstrasse village area, but I'm glad I chose this one.

• Visited July 2012