“Needs some upgrades”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This location just not as nice as others we have frequented. Main complaint would be the bathrooms
( we had two rooms for 3 people ) - light bulbs not covered, fans made a huge racket, rust marks in tubs, & cracked floor tiles make appearance dingy. Beds good, Staff friendly, breakfast room fine!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
corbinkyHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Canadiantraveler,

Hello! Thank you for your review of our hotel. If it was not for the reviews we receive from our guest management may not always know what improvements need to be made, so we appreciate the time that you have taken to give us your feedback. We will address the concerns that you have and hope that if you are ever in our area again will come back to stay with us. We have had some contractors come in to take care of the issues you mentioned and are in the process of having the fan motors replaced. Again, we appreciate your feedback and for selecting our hotel as the location to stay in our area.

Have a Great New Year!
Respectfully,
Management and Staff

Reviewed November 25, 2013

For sure, this brand is one I use as often as possible. I have never stayed at this location before, and can't say I would NOT recomend it, but wouldn't knock myself out to stay here again. The staff couldn't be nicer, they made huge efforts to get me in a room I felt comfortable with, to be sure! The big issue with this venue is it needs desperate updates! The carpet in my room was thread bare in several areas. The bathroom looked clean, but smelled like old Lysol rags had been used...wasn't sure if I was smelling urine or meldew? I had to move the phone from the desk to next to the bed, and it felt sticky to touch. I just didn't relax much!

Room Tip: Since the hotel is right off the interstate, it sits actually below the traffic, so I recomend the f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
corbinkyHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Good Afternoon Lexy57,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for your review. As a valued guest we want to also apologize for any inconvenience you may have had while staying at our location. Our staff does strive to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable. The hotel does undergo regular updates to meet the brand standards and will soon be updating per the recommendations of the brand. We hope that you will try our location again in the future!

Thank you!
Management and Staff

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spend a couple of nights to visit Cumberland Falls and Stearns, KY. It is your standard Holiday Inn. Nothing exciting but clean, affordable, and nice staff. It's close to the interstate but the way the hotel is positioned, you do not hear any of the noise. Front desk staff were super nice and the breakfast area is spacious without being piled on top of one another.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room. Good locations and parking regardless of where your room is.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Tamara,

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel! We always want our guests to have a nice experience while staying with us. Hearing our guests comments helps us to improve our services and location to better accommodate everyone's needs. We hope to see you again! Thanks for your stay with us!

Management & Staff

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The beds were comfortable, the staff was courteous, and the breakfast was great. I love those Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls. The only problem we had was that the air conditioner seemed to take a long time to cool our room. The air in the room was stagnant for a short while when we first got there, but it got better. Overall, it was a nice one night stay on to our longer stay in Gatlinburg, TN.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Tommycash1982,

Thank you for staying with us! We hope that the upcoming Holiday season is a great one! Thank you for your review on our hotel. We take all our guests comments into consideration when making improvements to the hotel. Our staff does their best to make everyone feel comfortable while with us. We hope that you will come back to see us again!

Management & Staff

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is right off the highway. My room was perfect and all the staff was pleasant. Walking distant to decent restaurants.

No booking problems with a dog like Danny G's comments. Orbitz sucks and likes to make automatic additional withdrawals from your bank without permission. I would blame Orbitz for not giving you the right information, not the Holiday Inn.

ARP

Room Tip: Kids would love the "Pepsi" room. Stayed in it my first time there. This stay in another r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ARP1369
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel. The only reason I give it a 4 instead of a five is that there are certain things that need updating. The elevators are slow and stuffy. The air conditioner in the room works great, but is old and difficult to get set to the right temperature. The young man at the desk is really helpful and receptive. He was able to provide a list of places that deliver food and was kind enough to make a suggestion as to which his preference was. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were good, and the television was sufficient. Overall, it's what you expect out of a holiday inn express- clean and comfortable, a bit pricey for the location, but not a horrible value. The bathroom was clean and well equipped with new rolls of toilet paper and plenty of towels and bathcloths. As always, they had plenty of soap and shampoo and are geared for the businessman with an iron and ironing board, a desk with a comfortable rolling chair, a chair and ottoman, and plenty of hanger space.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had booked this hotel weeks in advance for the memorial weekend through Orbitz specifically requesting a pet friendly room. Upon arrival at 2:00AM, we checked in discovered that they weren't, and the dog had to spend the night freezing in the back of the truck. The next day, when her daughter had noticed the dog in the truck, I was confronted by the manager. Geanette was her name, upon asking If there was a way to get the dog in, she said "no, we don't allow dogs, never have. I don't know why they told you we were." and not only did not offer ANY solutions, proceeded to indirectly threaten that there would be consequences if the dog was brought in. I asked if I could just pay the 100.00 "fee" and she said "no, you will be thrown out." When asked if I could leave the dog in his travel kennel in the truck, she said "we don't allow dogs on the property, I can't promise something bad won't happen..."(with the obvious insinuation that she intended to call animal control). When asked about getting a refund on the obviously overpriced holiday rate room for the remaining two nights, she told me "you booked it through an online site, we can't refund those, call Orbitz" Which I did, and Orbitz told me that the hotel management had to refund it, and proceeded to call the hotel WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE and talked to the very same Geanette I did, whereupon she changed her story and said she was not authorized to reverse the charges. When I asked who was, I was told "my manager is pregnant so she's out, and my supervisor is on vacation for the holiday" Again, leaving her in charge, where she neither had nor wanted the authority to make things right. Needless to say, I was NOT pleased at being blackmailed into paying holiday rates for a hotel for a room I couldn't even use. Luckily the Days Inn in London, KY 30 miles north had a pet friendly room they were more than happy to hold for me. As of September 25th, four months later, I still have not received any response from Holiday inn Express corporate whatsoever. PS-Geanette, please tell your daughter that it is very unprofessional to make out with your boyfriend on the couch in the hotel lounge in front of customers, especially while they are on the phone trying to resolve a problem with that very same hotel. Really, how stupid can you be?

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel. Every room here is only average, but management truly stinks, effectively...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danny G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbin
Hampton Inn Corbin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corbin? Share your experiences!