“Watch for extra charges!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Corbin
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Returning from FL, we normally stop at a Choice hotel. Driving further than normal, we couldn't find one so we stopped for the night at Holiday Inn Express in Corbin, KY. Next time, we will drive until we find a Choice property! To our surprise, they had smoking rooms available so we opted for one. The beds were hard. No microwave, unless we wanted to pay extra for it. We checked out the following morning. A week later, there was an extra charge of $100 was on our credit card, in addition to the charge for the one night's stay. When management was called, we were told that there was a "burn in the comforter" so we were being charged for it!! We had not been informed of this prior to finding the extra charge. Had there been anything wrong with the comforter, we would have notified the front desk at check in. This is not our first rodeo!!! I travel 9-10 months a year for business and will NEVER stay at any Holiday Inn property!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barb K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Barb K,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Corbin.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 20, 2013

To begin, the gentleman at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The jacuzzi room we got was clean, updated, and very comfortable. This was a great place to rest after a long day on the road. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for looking for a clean room and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Arrived mid-to-late evening, tired from a long work day on the road. When I inquired about a room, the young man at the desk immediately disclosed to me that the previous day one of their water heaters had failed. He said that guests had found sufficient hot water was available, so it shouldn't be a problem. I was impressed by the integrity of the hotel for being up front.

I decided to stay. The room was clean and quiet, up to par with the brand. The next morning, I had all the hot water that I needed. (I did have to adjust it a couple times, so it did seem to be fading - probably because I was showering toward the later peak time of shower use). The night manager's statement turned out to be true - the failed hot water heater wasn't a problem.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family needed an overnight on our way to South Carolina from Michigan. Just picked this cause it was close to the highway. I was thrilled when we arrived. Its a newer facility and I wish it had an indoor pool (the pool was closed for the season and I should have checked on that before booking this - the kids were disappointed), but the location is amazing. Its right near Cumberland Falls, which we will return to check out and stay here. Being surrounded by mountains makes this a really special place to spend a night.

The staff was great - watched the season finale of Walking Dead with me as my family slept upstairs. Breakfast was great as usual and we were off the next morning.

Great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a good standard hotel. Room rates are reasonable and rooms are clean. Close to I75. Breakfast is provided in the morning so you are on the road in no time. Our room was on the hiway side of the hotel and it was still fairly quiet, some road noise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We expected a better room from Holiday Inn Express. To begin with; Microwave was missing. The shower curtain was hanging on by one screw on each end making it impossible to keep the curtain shut. The drain in the tub was plugged up. The window shades were loose from the first hook up and the sticks were missing making it almost impossible to shut the drapes properly. The key would not work and I had to have a maid let me in. Horrible experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ronwit1934
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear ronwit1934,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced on this day especially with the room accommodations received. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Right off of I75 in Corbin, it made a good stop for our family en route from Michigan to Georgia. We called ahead to ask for a crib and were pleased to find it set up when we arrived. Reasonable and typical HIE breakfast buffet. Nothing fancy, but we found it a decent, clean stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family