“Nice clean old hotel”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Nice clean old hotel”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were satisfied with the room cleanliness, very dissatisfied with the pillows, all rubber firm and bouncy.,bed was only average. Did not like the outside entrance to room, unit was well kept but old, an obvious redo of an old unit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Comments such as yours allows us to improve in the area where attention is needed and it also gives us motivation to continue striving for excellence. Thanks for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The staff at the best western corbin inn are great they are always nice an make my stays in corbin enjoyable. This motel is always my first choice of a place to stay when im in corbin. They are next to some great restaurants.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I am humbled by your kind words. Your business is of extreme value to us all and we are truly honored to have earned your long term business. Please continue to provide us with your valuable feedback so that we can continue to improve our services to each and every guest who stay with us.
Englewood
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I always enjoy staying at the best western corbin inn every time I'm in corbin. The staff is friendly, an do a wonder job from the front desk to the housekeeping staff they all do a wonderful job. I look forward to my next trip to corbin.

• Stayed June 2014
It is a pleasure to have you as our valued guest, and we are honored to have earned your business in the last many years. Please continue to have your faith and support in our Hotel so that we can provide exceptional services each time you are in Corbin.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Nice mattress-clean sink. Friendly staff. MUCH TOO dim lighting in room - ample parking in handicap space. Only 1 washcloth! No check-in call to room to see if it was satisfactory. Also, I did not see a clock in the room therefore I missed breakfast - but staff provided something from the kitchen.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your valuable feedback. As per my conversation with you at check out time, please accept my sincere apologies for the failure in providing your room with adequate towels. I understand that it does not help the issue at this time, however, I keep the Hotel staffed 24 hours a day and as a guest, all you have to do is call the front desk and we can deliver any missing items to your room.
Please accept my apologies and the credit amount that was put back on your Credit Card for the troubles.
I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Centerville, Indiana
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our family has stayed at this hotel a number of times. This year in May we had a very below stay due to poor mattresses which is untypical from other years. They were uneven, noisy, and made for very bad sleeping. A good rest is the very idea of a good overnight stay. In all other ways we were adequately pleased.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank hootshaw
I apologize for failing to deliver an exceptional stay for you while at my Hotel. It is surprise that you were not happy with our beds as the mattresses are less than 2 years old and are in great shape. I reached out to you via email and also tried to call you so that we could discuss the issues.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies, and provide another opportunity to serve you with our hospitality
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Decor is reasonable. But my room hadn't been cleaned & bathroom was too nasty to describe in a review (especially the un-flushed toilet). Reported this & housekeeping came to clean it fairly quickly. Afterward discovered a dirty towel from previous guest hanging on the back of bathroom door & tub/shower area remained dirty. Told by night staff that this is atypical. Later realized that my door didn't lock & anyone could get in without a key card (& this is a hotel with doors that open to the outside sitting right next to a major interstate). At 1 a.m. was told that this has never happened & that they were shocked that I couldn't lock my door. Next morning I was told that this happens to their locks due to "weather". Call me crazy, but I kind of expect a safe & clean room at check-in. I don't typically expect to spend hours negotiating one & found this hotel exceptionally frustrating in that regard. Also...BEWARE...according to hotel staff, if you register via the internet using Best Western's site the hotel is unable to discount your room when there are issues. Not sure why, but I was told this repeatedly despite never having asked for a discount. I've stayed in other Best Western's, mostly in Maine & California, and have typically enjoyed them - nothing fancy but clean, safe rooms. This one was neither & seemed poorly managed. The room cleaning issue, while disgusting & unrestful, may have been a simple oversight...but the door not locking due to weather affecting it is a safety issue. The response to this is that they'll put you in a room that doesn't lock, and move you if you notice it. But who wants to move rooms after traveling all day & lugging their stuff up the stairs & to the other side of the hotel? And who wants to be told the next morning that their feeling of dissatisfaction is their fault because if they'd moved rooms at 1 a.m. when offered by the staff, well then they could've had a clean room that locked.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank 714christinad
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you for not being able to deliver an excellent stay while you were at the Hotel. We already had discounted your stay before you left the hotel, I am not sure why you claim that we do not honor reservations booked via internet channels. Furthermore, I offered bonus points towards your Best Western rewards account. Please be advised that we never once blamed you for any issues you had to endure. In fact, we only offered a change of room so that we could provide a restful night for you and the family. After the first call you made regarding the bathroom cleanliness, we offered to change the rooms for you and even offered to help move your luggage. We understand that changing rooms late in the evening is not the best option, however, at times is necessary. As per the door lock, we were not aware of any issues until reported by you. Had we known that the door lock was not functioning, the room would never have been rented. Guest security is our most important priority. I am sure you would understand that electronic items to tend to fail without prior notices, and unfortunately it is not predicated ahead of times.
I certainly hope that you understand that we tried our level best to make you as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, at times, the options available are not always most convenient but they are given to make your stay as comfortable and secured as possible.
Kingston
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very surprised by the Best Western chain. Clean inside and outside. No issues, will stay at this hotel again. Location was close to the interstate but no traffic noise. Beds were comfortable and so were the pillows.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to serve you while you were in town. I appreciate the time you have taken in providing us with your valued feed back. Great comments, such as yours, provide the essential motivation for the staff to conduct their due diligence in their day to day duties.

I certainly look forward to seeing you in the future