“This is a 2 star hotel, not 3 star.”

Best Western Corbin Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in, everything was good. I rented 2 rooms for 2 nights . One room for 2 women in their 80's and one for me. My room ,the first night was not very good sleep, the refrigerator was making a lot of noise, i did tell the office in the morning and went away and came back , maintenance exchanged the fridge out. It was quiet when i came back. Before sitting on the toilet ,i had to tighten the toilet seat. The housekeeper should of noticed the seat was very loose when cleaning it, but did not mention to maintenance, myself doing maintenance for 37 yrs. I feel i should not have to do maintenance when going to a hotel...the other room , the bathroom door would not close. Other occupants should of reported this before, but did not. Upon check out time i told the staff. Breakfast review.. cereals. waffles, biscuits and gravy,fresh fruit, juices, milk, etc. No meat products at all. Even some of the 2 star hotels i stayed in had meat products. Not a 3 star breakfast. Many soccer players who spent the night came in for breakfast and took it to their room. I hope no bugs in those rooms. Internet review.....wired remote was ok. But they advertised free wi-fi. That was non existence. I called the office, they said i was the 5th person who reported it. I went to the office and i had 2 bars. So for business people depending on wireless internet..not at this hotel. The wireless system needs improved. Coffee makers were mixed . One room had a 1 cup coffee maker, the other had a 4 cup coffee maker. Now ..a coffee lover does not drink just one cup of coffee, nor do they want make coffee all the time. . I rate this hotel a 2. just average.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank claw1234
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Our goal is to ensure that each of our guest is satisfied with their stay. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. We strive to deliver exceptional services and therefore we have been blessed with many traveling guests who have rated us a 3 star hotel.

Your comments are extremely important to me and I will certainly improvise the areas where more focus is required. Thank you for your time in brining these issues to my attention. I certainly hope that I am lucky enough to have an opportunity to serve your family with our Hospitality.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked this hotel in 2012 and when we found out we were traveling to the same college we knew we wanted to stay there again. Very clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast had a nice variety for all. Easy access to the main roads and plenty of restaurants around to choose from. Also a movie theater nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christie A
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

It is a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your ongoing trust in our Hotel means the world to my team and I. We strive to deliver excellent service to each of our guests and to hear such feed backs just makes it worth while.

I surely look forward to seeing you in the future. Take care

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice facility but the staff needs to be a little more atentive to the needs of guests--pool towels, signage. We've stayed twice and would stay again if in the area. We like that smokers are heavily penalized for smoking in non-smoking rooms. Right off the Interstate and Mexican restaurant across the street is good. Also an Arby's and bar-b-q.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linn A
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I am honored to have you as our guest, especially since you returned to our facility more than once. I would like to assure you that your comments are greatly appreciated and I will certainly stress the importance of guests' satisfaction with my staff. I apologize for any issues you may had to endure while we are renovating the Hotel entrance and the drive in area. I am positive that you will be happy with the finished product when you visit us again in the future.

I look forward to serving you with our better and improved guests' services upon your next visits with us.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Good value. Comfortable bed. Clean room. The breakfast was adequate. I don't mind doing surveys, except when I can't submit the survey because I skipped something, or there is a ridiculous requirement such as 200 characters.

1  Thank Donald H

I certainly understand how difficult it becomes to provide surveys when there is a limitation of space, or word counts. Despite the limitations, you took your time and provided us with your valuable feedback and I am grateful to you. My staff and I greatly appreciate the positive comments you have made about our facility. This will help us to continue striving for excellence and to provide satisfactory stays for our guests.

I certainly am looking forward to seeing you in the future. It will be an honor to serve your with our hospitality.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a great stay for us while we are traveling cross country. We called the hotel and asked for a discount since we were checking in around 2am. They have us a special price on the 2 rooms we booked. Beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Just a simple layout but they kept it well stocked up until 9:15 even though breakfast time ends at 9. Very impressed by that. Great staff. Very friendly. Very clean hotel overall. Right off rte 75. Only down side was that the bathtub drain in our room was clogged pretty bad and you were almost taking a bath, something that is easy to fix :( overall a great stay :)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Unordinary92
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

I am honored with your kind words and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Thank you for reporting the bath tub issue at check out time and it certainly has been fixed. Please accept my apologies since you had to endure the bath tub drain issue while at the Hotel.

I will look forward to serving you with my hospitality in the future. Take care

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel was very nice, even though it is older and has exterior doors. Very clean and good beds. The breakfast was not good, however. No meat choice at all and the scrambled eggs were ice-cold and thoroughly water-logged. The water in the eggs might not have been so bad or noticeable if the eggs were hot, but each bite brought another gush of cold water. Not appetizing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I greatly appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your satisfaction in providing a quality breakfast. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and feel bad that we have not met yours. I have shared your feedback with the breakfast attendant and she assures me to improve the quality of the food. Please accept her apology as well.

We certainly would like to get another opportunity to serve you with our hospitality. Please allow me to do so in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Ashley at front dest was fantastic and went out of her way to accommodate any request we had. Had spoken to her on phone and she gave us driving directions to the motel. Had a great (meat on) buffet breakfast with scrambled eggs . Very clean and allowed us to park our motorcycles with trailers under breezeway. Nice steak restaurant just next door - walking distance. You will definitely enjoy this Best Western.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

It is always great to hear feedback from our guests, especially a feedback as kind as yours. I am humbled by your appreciation for my Hotel as well its staff. Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your valuable comments.

We certainly look forward to seeing you in the future.