“Clean & Quiet Hotel”

Best Western Corbin Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while attending a family reunion and doing sightseeing in the area. The hotel is easy on & off of I-75. It's close to Cumberland Falls & Cumberland Lake area. The room we had was non-smoking on the ground floor with queen beds and was very quiet for sleeping. We were really surprised at how quiet the room was since there were a lot of bikers staying there at the time. The only drawback for me was the soft mattress...I like firm and that lowered my rating a little. The free breakfast was average but the dining area is confined to a small seating area so you may want to consider that if you are a family. Overall, it's a very good hotel for the money. I would recommend it and I plan to stay there again in the future....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

It was a great honor to have your family stay with us. I am humbled by your kind words, and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feed back. As you mentioned, this area is surrounded with outdoor activities and state parks. The Hotel is close to attractions such as Cumberland Falls, White Water Rafting, Grove Marina, Laurel Lake and Lake Cumberland. Travelers may also enjoy Horse Back riding, and Kentucky Splash water park.
Please allow us to serve you in the future by staying at my Hotel again. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Best Western Corbin Inn

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great stay at the Best Western in Corbin, KY. Room was clean and the beds were comfy. The sink needs to be replaced. Think they tried to paint it and my make up bag stuck to the sink top. Will say they have hot water and great water pressure. Need to add a ice machine on the second floor. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western Hotels have the privileged partnership with Harley Davidson, and we are Rider friendly hotels. It was a great honor to have your group stay with us, and your kind feed back is very much appreciated.
Please keep us in mind when you are traveling in this area again in the future. It will be a pleasure to serve your group with our hospitality.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just a stop on the way on our trip and hotel is easy to find (if your GPS takes you the right direction).

This hotel does not have an elevator because it has exterior corridors. We asked for 1st floor so my pregnant wife wouldn’t have to walk up the stairs but the desk clerk told us we paid for the room we got on the second floor. Room was fine, seemed pretty clean except for an unflushed used toilet. The tiny pillows were soft and got a pretty good deal at $59 ($70.63 after taxes) with Priceline but why do these hotels now have air conditioners that turn on and shut off waking you up every 5 minutes??

Breakfast bar is very small (only a few tables) and the bad thing is there is nowhere to go when the small room gets full for overflow. It has the waffle maker, couple different cereals, boiled eggs, some kind of imitation scrambled eggs, a toaster for bread and bagels, raspberry yogurt cup, white gravy (no sausage in gravy). I wished they had more hot food other than the waffles and the imitation eggs.

Pros-Soft pillows but small, nice LCD TV, location, small breakfast included, allows pets, fridge, free weak Wi-Fi

Cons-No elevator due to exterior corridors, exterior in needs up some upkeep (looks as though bushes hadn’t been trimmed in several months), small breakfast area/breakfast

Summery-Place I would stay as long as I’m getting a good price and know what I’m getting into.

Room Tip: No elevator, exterior access to rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and I certainly admire your detailed observation skills. I would like to assure you that we are a family owned hotel and had we known that your wife was pregnant, we would have made arrangements for a lower level room. When a reservation is made via Priceline.com, it is auto made for "run of the house" type room, and unless the guest contact the Hotel directly, the Hotel would not be aware of their special needs. Please feel free to contact the Hotel before your arrival so that they may accommodate your needs appropriately.

We apologize for the limitation of space in the breakfast area, but we assure you that we offer quality food that is distributed by approved vendors only. We do not have imitation eggs, they are ready to serve scrambled eggs. I apologize if we did not meet your expectations, but we will continue to strive to exceed our guests needs.

I certainly hope to see you in future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We loved our room!! Especially great person was the manager - Ralph DeMarzo. All of the staff were helpful and the bed was so comfortable! We would recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family. We will definitely stay there again when we visit next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our stay at the Best Western, Corbin in August 2013 was very nice. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. We had rooms 203, 205 & 207 and our family was very pleased with the accommodations. The lobby and staff were also nice. Not sure why it has negative reviews. Our rooms were facing the highway, but we didn't hear any noise. All went well for us!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

It sure was a pleasure to have your family stay with us. I certainly appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your valuable feedback. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and it means a lot to hear such kind words from our guests.

We certainly look forward to seeing you and the family in future. Take care

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Being past patrons of Best Western Motels, we were very disappointed with our stay at this one. The room, especially the bathroom, was extremely dirty. The carpeting, as you enter the room, had two large black stains on it, and the sink was not anchored securely on the vanity. Because it was late when we checked in, we were extremely tired, and the bed looked OK (it was actually comfortable), we did not call the desk to complain, nor to change rooms that night. We were already in pj's before we saw the deplorable conditions in the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Please accept my sincere apology for failing to deliver a satisfactory stay for you and the family while at my Hotel. My staff is well trained in exceeding guests' expectations, and it is highly disappointing to hear that they obviously overlooked great details in the room. There is no excuse for my staff not meeting your expectations and we take full responsibility for our failure. I would, however, like to advise you that I staff my Hotel 24/7. There is no reason why a guest should have to spend a night in a room that is not completely cleaned. Please allow the hotel staff to assist you soon as you notice the issues.

I am certainly hopeful that you will allow me an opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me directly at the Hotel for future reservations so that I may offer additional discounts, etc
Victor Patel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

While the first room we had looked presentable, it was filthy. The tub was covered in dirt, there were bugs on the bathroom floor, and dirty water on the sink. The tub drain was also extremely slow. It was clear that the red chairs in the room had not been vacuumed in quite some time as there was visible hair on the upholstery. This was our second disappointment at a Best Western within a week, and I don't think we'll be staying at one again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erica H
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

While it is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations, it deeply saddens me to hear that we failed to make your stay satisfactory. My staff is extremely sorry for not meeting your needs while at out Hotel. Our records shows that we were able to offer a change of rooms immediately and also offered you a discount for the troubles you may have endured. Per our courtesy call records, I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with the second room and had accepted the discount offered to you while you were present at the hotel.

We staff the Hotel 24/7, and please be assured that our staff is here to fix any issues that may arise while you are at the Hotel. I can assure you that this is an isolated incident and that we certainly maintain high standards at our Hotel. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you with our hospitality in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbin
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
Cumberland Falls State Resort - Dupont Lodge
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg

Been to Best Western Corbin Inn? Share your experiences!