“Where the Locals Go”

The Dixie Cafe
Ranked #7 of 74 Restaurants in Corbin
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional cafe with local historical significance.
Kentucky
“Where the Locals Go”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are looking for a cute local diner serving homestyle food, prepared well, with super nice service, the Dixie Café is where you want to go. When we walked in, we knew we were the only out of towners in the establishment. Our waitress came to our table and asked where were we from. Not only was she super nice, she was very helpful with directions and suggestions of things to do to make our visit to Corbin more enjoyable. We went in for breakfast and lunch in the same day since we had such a positive experience for breakfast, we just had to go back for lunch! Be sure and get a chocolate chip cookie or a slice of the triple layer chocolate cake, all I can say is YUMMY! Very reasonably priced and the service was super! We had a great time at the Dixie Café! Next time I am in Corbin, KY I will stop by the Dixie for some tasty food! Thanks Dixie for your hospitality!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank BlueCricket

“We loved everything about the Dixie Café!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This place is wonderful, the service was top notch and same with the food. We loved the burgers and philly cheese steaks that we got. Be sure to get some hot fudge cake for dessert!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank aepetersen
London, Kentucky
“Breakfast will not disappoint ”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Ate breakfast there couple days ago with friends on way to work. On street parking, old time store front diner. Many regulars there morning of our visit.
French toast very good as was bacon which was ordered extra crispy. Friends ordered omelette's , pancakes and were well pleased. Friend who eats there regularly says biscuits and gravy exceptional. Server on task and friendly. Great breakfast spot if you are hungry . Owner friendly and on-site. Stay hungry my friends !

1 Thank Alice Y
Rockholds, Kentucky
“Really Good Food and Service”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We ate breakfast here and it was delicious. Everything came out just the way we had ordered it. No complaints here.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best meatloaf in the world? I think so!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Okay, I don't want to brag, but I'm a connoisseur of meatloaf. I'm not from France. I'm from Tennessee, and I've had meatloaf at least a thousand times. Not exaggerating here! I'm a health-food nut. And based upon my special qualifications, I say the Dixie Café has the best meatloaf in the world. My wife and I were on our way from Chattanooga, TN to Lexington, KY when we decided to stop for lunch in Corbin, KY. Of course we used Tripadvisor to investigate the local restaurants and the Dixie Café was at the top of the list. For a good reason! This little place is like a trip back in time. It's an old-fashioned café on the main street of a quiet little Appalachian town, nestled in the Cumberland mountains. And both the food and the service were wonderful. I ordered meatloaf (like I do every time I get a chance), and it really was extraordinary, different from any I have had in a restaurant. Yes, really! It had no discernible fillers, like bread crumbs, no big chunks of onion or green pepper, and no ketchup poured over it to perk it up. Instead, it was like a cake made from lean ground beef held together by magic and dressed with a light dribbling of a dark sweet substance that I couldn't define but struck me as something akin to maple syrup. And if that weren't enough, the homefries and fried okra that I ordered as my sides were prize winners as well. The fries were tender slices of potatoes so flavorful I couldn't stand the thought of diluting their flavor with ketchup, or even salt. They tasted like potatoes! And somebody hid real okra in their fried okra, the most flavorful I've ever had in a restaurant. By-the-way, the servings were extremely generous as well. I slipped into a coma later. If you're ever in this neck of the Appalachian woods and you're a fan of down-home cooking, this is your place. Don't miss it!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank DaveG4108

Been to The Dixie Cafe? Share your experiences!