“Had a wonderful stay!”

Super 8 Corbin/London KY
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed August 13, 2012

One the best super 8's I've stayed at recently, a lot better than the one I stayed at prior to this stay. I stayed in room 203 and it was very clean, roomy, and a very comfortable pillow top bed. The staff was friendly and accommodative. The breakfast had many options to choose from. I would stay again on my way to Florida again. :-D

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wiscon7

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Where to start? A young man named Kevin checked us in - very pleasant and professional, a credit to this motel. The room was not very cool; we had problems all night with the air conditioner. The carpet felt damp; we asked Kevin if it had recently been shampooed as it was still damp. He had the phone ringing off the hook, people lined up to check in so we decided it wasn't really that big a deal. This was a handicapped accessible room, supposedly. We were glad we were not in a wheel chair as it would not have been able to move around the room. The hand held shower head was broken. When turned on, the water sprayed all over, just not out the end that it was supposed to. I could barely reach it to bring it down, as it was installed right near the ceiling instead of on the slide bar it was suppose to be attached to.

During the night I went into the bathroom in the dark and slipped on a puddle of water. Turned on the light and water was leaking from the pipes under the sink. Tossed the used bath towels on the puddle and went back to bed. I guess that is why there was so much black mold on the tile under the sink and along the bathtub.

The sheets were so thin you could read through them, seriously. The towels were gray and stiff. As others have mentioned, the hallways stunk of cigarette smoke and mildew and the carpet was filthy. IF I COULD HAVE RATED THIS PLACE LESS THAN ONE, I WOULD HAVE.

Now on to the title of this review. In the early morning I walked our dog but forgot my room key. The only way in was through the lobby. I opened the door and the person behind the counter (Donna) and another employee started screaming at me very, very loudly to get that dog out of here!! My dog freaked out, tried to turn around and go back out the door, which had shut. I did not realize that they had set up the continental breakfast right by the front door. I should have been more awake (I was, after the screaming!) So my bad. I apologized as I hurried to the hallway and said I had forgotten my key. They were still screaming at me all the way down the hall and I could hear them still as I went in my room. I was very upset. (I went back later when I checked out and looked for a sign that said no dogs in the lobby but there wasn't one.)

When I went to check out "Donna" (I asked what her name was) was extremely rude. When I tried to tell her about the leak and the broken shower head, she sighed deeply, got a piece of paper and started writing. After I told her about the damp carpet she then put her hands on her hips, waggled her head back and forth and said...."I don't care, I just DON'T care!!! I don't care what problems you had with your room!!!!!!"

Wow. Such professionalism. By the way, this motel was listed on a dog friendly website as allowing pets. We paid extra for our dog to stay there. We cleaned up after her each time we needed to. She never barked nor caused any problems. It is too bad Donna was having such a bad day. Or bad life.

I am going to follow up with Windham because this motel is part of their system. There simply is no excuse for such behavior by an employee.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...for any reason.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCBMichigan
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I don't think many people come to Corbin to stay very long. If you stop here the hotel is acceptable. It was clean.

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank oakridge_10
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nice quiet place to stop over for the night. After driving around stopping here was a great idea, staff was friendly upon check in, clean rooms and fresh smell,free breakfast. Definitely definitely recommended and will stay again when I'm passing by.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank CasseyD60
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We only needed a bed to rest on the way to Florida. I did not expect much but did hope for clean. Overwhelming smoke odor. NO Elevator. Black bathtub bottom. I am pretty sure it was cleaner after I used it...EEK. Light switch to enter room did not turn lights on. Sheets were stained with? Only 2 Dingy towels for a room with 3. Although the room was cheap- had I known nasty and cheap went hand in hand at this level would have avoided. Oh and did I mention the train that goes through....we had 6 hours to sleep and heard the train multiple times.Tried to get a cup of coffee from the lobby only to grab a sticky creamer/sugar container-ENOUGH ALREADY.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mugmum
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed there last weekend and when we got home, I discovered I had left my Kindle in the motel. When I called down there in the evening upon returning home, I was told it was not in lost and found but probably in the safe and to call back the next morning. When I called back the girl immediately responded with "We found your book" when I told her my name. The owner has mailed it back to me. I am very thankful for the honesty.
Was treated very well and the rooms were clean. The staff could not have been any friendlier and helpful locating the dealership we were visiting. Will return in a few weeks and will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night ($58 with senior discount) on our way south. For the record, I wasn't expecting the Ritz for this price. The hallway smelled a bit smokey. The room and the bathroom were clean, although the furnishings in the room (dresser, tv, chair) were really old and nicked up. I felt like I was in an older, rather run-down hotel. For a thousand dollars, the owner could invest in newer furniture and a flat screen tv. The king bed had only two pillows - a few more would have been nice. The bed was comfortable and the area was quiet. The outside of the motel and the entrance area looked nice and the front desk people were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple