“Frequent guests - never returning.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been to this hotel many times in years past, but this visit was far less than satisfactory. Any past visit, and I would have given this hotel a 5-star rating. In order of problems we found: Broken lamp in the room, broken spring on the pull-out bed, black "something" (it looked like ink) about 2 inches wide on the comforters, when the kids went to the hot tube and pool, both were filthy. The hot tub was not heated, when we asked the desk the maintenance man said he had cleaned it out and it will be warming up shortly. He couldn't have cleaned it, however, because there was a good amount of pebbles and sand in the bottom as well as several locks of hair (disgusting). Also in the pool area were several cigarette butts. Finally, the icing on the cake: after a filthy swimming session, we found out that the shower in our room had no shampoo (instead, 2 bottles of conditioner in its place, were they trying to be funny?) When we asked the front desk they told us they were "out of shampoo". How does a hotel run out of shampoo? We cut our stay short a day and found somewhere else. We will never be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Charlie M

Reviewed March 29, 2013

when we checked in this hotel the frount dest person was verry heplful and nice.but when we to our room on the2nd floor the hallwas was hot and relly stuffie and when we gout to our room number 222 the two beds were confpy but when my dad pulled out the sofa bed it was broken and my dad just took off the matress from the sofa bed and put it on the floor and he used the confters for suport i would recmend this hotell to my frends in the years to come

Room Tip: look befor u pull out the sofa bed to see if it is not broken or torn and room number 222 verry quit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

A littlw while back, somewhere during the summer of 2012. We were driving down I-75 on our way, back to Atlanta. We decided to go with the Comfort Suites. Yes I had seen the reviews, but we've had great experiences with Comfort Suites, so we decided to give this one a try. Actually the hotel was great. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, staff was great, and the breakfast was good. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

On way to Smokies from Mich 10/20/12, didn't have a reservation as we didn't know how far into the trip we would be. Big mistake. Wanted a Choice hotel for the buy 2 get 1 free deal.Called 5 or 6 motels, all full. Started with top rated ones from tripadvisor. Football games at Eastern Ky and Tenn/ALABAMA was the sold out reason.
One last call to this Comfort Suites and the nice girl said we have 1 room left, book it on your smartphone right now. We got it! She was telling the truth cause 3 guys were standing in line after in check in and she turned them away with no reservation.
The room was ok, a handicap which was no big deal, first floor. Pretty clean, no real diss appointments. Breakfast typical.kudos for a well lit parking lot.
Comfort Suites very consistent in their pillows. As another poster said, outdoor side entrance not locked but due to great parking lot lighting never felt unsafe.
Good place on way to Great Smoky NP right off 75 in Corbin KY. Cracker Barrel very close. If I didn't want the 2 fer deal I may try the Hamptoninn next door, they always seem to have high ratings.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed in room 110 on October 9, 2012. The first thing I noticed in the hallway outside my room was a bucket sized spot that the color had been bleached out of the carpet. Should have turned around and got my money back! I entered my room to see the wallpaper on the window wall all bubbled and coming loose, looked like mold on the baseboard
there was also a 12" square sized place on the same wall that had been patched with a different kind of wallpaper. The bathroom also had a place that the wallpaper was peeling off above the shower. The nightstand had evidence of mold along the bottom, and the furniture was very worn and looked like something you would find at a garage sale. This was a "non-smoking" room but there were burns in the carpet and the room smelled of stale smoke. The only plus of this room was that the bed was clean and the desk clerk was friendly. Had I not been so tired I would have checked out. Considering that this room was over $100 with tax, I was very disappointed in the appearance and state of repair of this room. Won't stay there again, makes me wonder about all the Comfort Suites! I wish I had read the reviews of this motel before booking the room on line!

Room Tip: Very disappointed in the condition of room 110 at this Comfort Suites!! Where is the Corporate Mana...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wouldnt recommend , wouldnt stay here again. $140 total paid. pull out couch was falling apart and thread bare.no way could someone have slept on it, it was beat down and sagging too badly. carpets were stained badly as well as the sheets and pillowcases. room didnt smell good. corners of floors had muck in and werent clean. shower drain didnt work and water filled up the bath during a shower. they shut off the ice machine so you couldnt get ice. pool was cloudy. never go back ever.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Suites while traveling to SC. The room was a bit worn down, the couch was sagging and the breakfast was okay. This area is obviously a popular place to stop while traveling so it was fine for one overnight.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family