“Not worth the money”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our arrival was on 4/30/2012 @ 5:35 p.m. I made arrangements for this room 4 days in advance of our travel. They stress that they are a pet friendly hotel. True, they are. We had our pet with us. When we got there the staff was friendly and quick to check us in. The hotel seemed very nice until we got to our room. As soon as we opened the door we were hit with the smell. It was bad. Old and dirty like wet dog. Th carpet was filthy. The couch had stains all over it and it also smelled. I pulled the drapes open and there was the view of red cliff rock about 20ft from the window. We could only see straight up. We looked down, trench with a big drain. I turned the bed down and the sheets had rips in them. My pet was even discusted. We decided to bite the bullet and keep the room because rooms were getting hard to find. The next morning we went about 20 miles away to Williamsburg Kentucky where we found another place that took pets and was SPOTLESS, smelled good.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the back side of the building. You can't see anything but cliff.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We checked in 05/20/2012 @ 6:49 PM. couldn't initially get a receipt for my cash payment, as the "system" was down. I asked twice for a hand written receipt, which I got, and, I had to ask foir it to be put on letterhead.
Now for the room: The couch was broken down on one side, the HVAC unit grill was broken, the wall paper was comming off the wall in the shower area, the beds were less than comfortable and the room had a distinct unpleasant odor.
I brought the damages to managemenmt's attention, and I was informed that I would not be charged for them. (by the way, we also took photos.

The room charges were $85.26 plus a $20.00 pet fee. (not a good value in my opinion)

I will not stay here again, this was a disappointing experience!

Room Tip: You may wish to check with other motels in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stay at Comfort Suites 3-4 nights a week when I travel for work. This hotel is not what I have come to expect from comfort suites. The hotel staff were terrible. The woman at the front desk was on her cell phone every time I was at the front desk and treated me as if I was disturbing her conversation. The room was a mess. It smelled of mold, the floors were stained, the comforter was ripped and extremely wrinkled. I did not receive any of the normal toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, etc) luckily I travel alot and had backups, because i certainly was not going to interrupt the front desk woman again. The sink and bathtub both had hair in them that was from the previous occupant. The "fitness" center was one treadmill that didn't even work properly, there was no way you could actually walk on it safely. I was not even brave enough to attempt to go to the pool, and thankfully I travel with all of my own food, so I did not have to experience the "hot breakfast". I will always make the extra 10 mile trip north to the London, KY comfort suites. They are always clean, the staff is great. I should have just stuck to my usual and gone to London. This hotel does not represent the quality that I normally receive from the Comfort Suites. Out of my two years and over 200 stays at comfort suites, this is the only place I have ever had an issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were caught in a winter white out on Jan 2, 2012 and was forced off I75. There were numerous persons waiting in line for rooms. The staff was very friendly and professional and registered guests promptly. The room was spacious with a king bed and sofa. TV with many options which allowed us to watch some of the college bowl games. The internet was not operable and it was blamed on the weather which is understandable. The room had a microwave, refrigerator. The breakfast was superb. Do not understand the negative reviews, perhaps it was updated after the negative reviews. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were there over the Thanksgiving holiday for 3 nights. The best thing about this stay was the morning breakfast. The pool was not warm it was freezing, the hot tub was always off & we had to ask to have that turned on and then wait while it warmed up. They said there was something about the heater can't be left on--UPDATE!! Our room had wallpaper that was coming loose, sheets which didn't fit the bed. We had a "suite" the sofa was so dirty that I would not set on it. Good thing we were gone most of the day everyday. We checked around and there was no place to go -- we were a group of 10--4 adults & six children--so not easy to move. The whole place had an old feel to it

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I wanted to stay at the Hampton Inn right up the hill but they were sold out so we stayed here. It was kind of run done and dirty. Plus it was about 40 degrees in the room when we walked in and the heat did not work very well. I would not stay here again if I had the option. It did have a microwave/fridge combo.

Room Tip: I did not care for the room we were in.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I am a Choice Privileges member and we frequently stay in Comfort Suites Hotels, but this is disgusting! There is dirt everywhere, a stain on one of the pillows, the curtain looks like it has been dipped in coffee, and it doesn't look like the bathroom floor has ever been scrubbed! The lady behind the desk had on a Led Zepplin T-Shirt and had to put her personal cell phone call on hold to check me in! Comfort Suites should pull their name from this building

• Stayed: October 2011