“This hotel is a disaster, unfriendly staff and dirty accomodations!!!!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Cincinnati, Ohio
“This hotel is a disaster, unfriendly staff and dirty accomodations!!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Our stay at this hotel was a planned stop on our itenerary, we always stay at Country Inns and Suites and have always been very satisfied unfortunately this hotel was a disaster! Upon walking in to the hotel we were greeted by an unfriendly staff, it was 95 degrees so i had called ahead of time to have the air turned on in our suite upon entering our room the air had not been turned on and the room was extremely hot we turned on the air only to find that the fan that had to be turned on to bring air into the living room area of the suite from the bedroom was very squeaky and with this old air conditioning system the living room area never cooled down it stayed stuffy. The room was smelly and dusty and the bathtub had mold in the tub. The room was dusty and the cable reception in our room was fuzzy on both tvs. We had a long day of traveling & the kids wanted to swim and upon checking in we were told that we were not allowed to use the room towels that we must get our pool towels from the front desk so i made my way downstairs only to have to wait in line 20 Minutes for towels..."Why the long wait you ask?" I was behind a line of guests complaining about their rooms. The staff was of no help so upon checking out i immediately was in touch with customer service and filed a complaint against this hotel i was told it would take 48 hours to recieve a response from the owner/mager of the hotel and once he did call me i was never in all my life treated so rudely! I was calmly explaining why our stay was so horrible and i said to him "This hotel is a disaster" and he said to me that i was not allowed to speak to him in such a manner and that i was rude and that if i wanted to continue to speak to him that i would have to take that statement back and i informed him that i was not being rude i was simply stating a fact and would not retract my stament so he hung up on me! I always try to approach things in a calm manner and i had my daughter in the car with me when i recieved his phone call and i was trying to show her that you can handle things in a calm manner and accomplish what you need to and to be treated so rudly by him was unacceptable!!! I have been in customer service for almost 25 years and would never treat a customer in such a manner. When i contacted customer service again they were apalled by the way he treated me and the manner in which the hotel was kept so they refunded my money. This is the worst hotel stay of my life! Don't be fooled by the AAA plaque they have displayed ,upon doing some research i found out it was from 2007 and that they have not been AAA approved since then. I have always loved Country Inns and Suites and will continue to stay at them just never again at the Corbin, Kentucky location it is a disaster!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
op, ks
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Nasty, smelling like mold, mildew and carpet is horrible. Wore my shoes to walk around in the room. Not many choices available at this exit. The management is rude and mean and nasty. Dirty mirrows, mold growing in showers, dirty looking linens, old and worn out looking. Dont stay here, keep driving or stop before this. You will be sick and the price is really pretty high and you get nothing. My kids were horrified at the filth in these rooms. We changed rooms and it was no better. The management would not work with us. Its a shame that the carlson co. allows a place like this to be open for business. I have stopped staying in these hotels because of my experience here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I had hoped to get a great room for the price I paid. Unfortuantely, the room was musty smelling and the hallways smelled like cigarette smoke even though the rooms are all marked "non-smoking". The beds were decent but the pillows are flat and uncomfortable. The front desk clerk in the evening was very gracious and accomodating and apologized for giving us a room with a bathroom mirror with dark flaws. I didn't really care about whether the mirror was flawed or not as we had traveled quite some time that day. The breakfast was the usual disappointing stale muffins and danish, boxed cereal and coffee/milk/juice. The photo of the place is a bit deceiving. Most of the furnishings are sparce and not so inviting. The night desk clerk was the best part of this visit with his wonderful demeanor.

• Stayed June 2010
Minnesota
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We drove for 13.5 hours to get here and when we went to check into our room early, we were told that yes it was ready but simply based on policy, we could not check in early. When we finally did get to check in, the entire carpet was damp and the room was stuffy, humid, sticky and stunk - we figured this would go away once the carpet dried; however, the carpet did not dry our entire two night stay here and the smell kept building and building along with the dampness and stickiness.

Immediately after putting our bags down, I went into the bathroom and light was burned out and the toilet almost overflowed. Called maintanence and they came to fix this. After, it was noticed that the sink and bathtub were also clogged and held water for a very long time. Even worse was the exhaust fan did not work, so this only added to the already damp environment we were in. Now writing this, I am starting to think this definitely could not have been healthy. To top everything off on the last day, there was no hot water and no one could shower. When we did get to our next hotel and opened our suitcase of clean close the dank smell from this hotel came pouring out!!!!

I complained to the front desk lately about this being the most uncomfortable stay I have ever had and she just blew it off and handed me the manager's card and told me to e-mail him. I e-mailed him five days ago now and haven't heard a word. So, I called Country Inn and Suites headquarters and apparently they will be refunding all of our money - we'll see about that.

Definitely, stay somewhere else, any where in the world would be better than this!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jessisever
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We were on our way to South Carolina, which we take twice a year. I saw this hotel and thought it would be a nice place to stop. This year we did and we will never again stay at a Country Inn. Main reason, it was dirty. In our room there was a lot of hair in the tub. We told them and they moved us to the next room. In that room there was a rag left on the floor. My wife wanted to move again, but I said no. If it wasn't late I would have left and gone to another place. The next morning the dining area was also dirty.

Ohio
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I am very pciky about where I stay but my spouse would stay almost anywhere, even he thought this was a horrible hotel!!! We have always chosen Country Inn and Suites because they have been clean and well kept but not this one!! We would have left had it not be late at night with two kids and dragging everything back downstairs and back out. The hallways arent even kept up should have been our first hint to head for the hills. When we entered our room the smell of body odor hit us like you wouldn't believe, thought we would be sick. The fixtures in bathroom were rusting from no exhaust fan . The furniture was pretty beat up and old looking. The carpet in our room and bedspread looked fairly new but when we pulled the sheets back they were stained. The smelled bleached and cleaned but the were very stained. If we had not have brought pillows in we would have left there would be no way our heads were using their pillows. The next morning I went to dry my hair their blow dryer over heated as soon as I turned it on. We went to our car and dug out mine. We informed the front desk and the response was basically there are a lot of things wrong here no worry I lwill let them know but nothing gets done, great attitude!! My husband let her know the blow dryer was a fire risk and she said one had already caught fire......ok if this isn't a reason to not stay here!!! Just save yourself the money and go on up the road many other places to stay!!

Summerville, SC
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed in a king suite that was in terrible, terrible shape. * The fan in the vent between the bedroom (which had the A/C) and the living room (which had none) was broken, so the bedroom was freezing and the living room (where our 3 children were staying) was stifling hot. * The sheets on the sofa bed were ripped. * We asked for a rollaway bed but got a rollaway hammock; I say this because the springs that attach the wire mattress support to the outer frame were mostly missing, especially in the center. (So it sagged horribly in the middle.) * There was no fan in the bathroom, so by the time your hot shower was done, you could barely see the mirror because of the steam...much less see yourself in the mirror. * Bathtub drain was clogged, so by the time my shower was done I was ankle-deep in water. * Quality of rollaway mattress and sofa bed mattress was extremely poor.

My in-laws stayed in a double queen room. Poor ol' gramps couldn't sleep all night because every 2 minutes the toilet would come to life and take in water. The flapper valve evidently had a leak...

Prior to this stay, I have always had a good experience at Country Inns. This franchise in Corbin, though, is far and away the worst hotel I have experienced anywhere on the planet. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.