“Hampton on the Hill”
Review of Hampton Inn Corbin

Hampton Inn Corbin
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel thanksgiving week-end. I-75 exit 29..We got a good price with AARP, the room was very nice, clean and quiet. No door slamming here. After we checked-in there were warm cookies and donuts in the breaktast with hot coffee available, too. Nice big king room, the ice machine and washer dryer were in separate room down the hall by elevator. Outside pool, no hot tub (which would have been great) Clean bath area, room was a little dated with purple border near the ceiling. Well lite parking area Breakfast was great next morning, ready at 6 am sharp. Biscuits, gravy and omelets with sausage, waffles and donots. Beautiful decorations. Top notch hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton, with my 3 children. When we arrived the front desk was very nice! I had never been there, so I knew nothing about the hotel, or the area. I then proceeded to my room, and the hotel was dirty! I wasn't happy at this point! My room was fairly clean, but the internet wouldn't work, or the TV! So I called front desk, and he made me aware he didn't know how toi fix either one, and there was no one there that could. I was very unhappy at this point. The next morning breakfast was great, and Hampton standard! I was given directions by the front desk, which helped a whole lot. Overall, this was a decent stay, but the employees need to know how to offer assistance when needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DStout
Deborah H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the television not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I would also like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff. We will be sure to address all issues with our team members to prevent situations like this from happening again. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Corbin, KY is a popular for north-south stop for travelers along I-75, and as such, numerous motels, restaurants, and gas stations have sprung up along its two exits. The Hampton Inn/Corbin is located just off the "north Corbin" exit (#29), within easy access to gasoline stations, restaurants, and shopping (well...there's a Wal-Mart just down the road). Our reservations were placed through HiltonHonors, and despite requesting a room on the highest available floor, AWAY from the elevators, our room was just off the third floor elevator. I'm not sure how old this property is, but the room looked a little aged - e.g., the wall paper seams were beginning to separate. The bed was clean and comforable, and the bathroom equippped with a coffee maker and basic toiletries. Flat screen TV and WiFi are available in all rooms. The overall hotel appeared clean and well-maintained. Public amenities include an outdoor pool (seasonal), exercise room, self-laundry, and business center (equipped with one, older-looking, computer). The morning breakfast buffet was standard Hampton fare - a little something for everyone (hot and cold dishes) that were well-prepared and tasty. The staff at all levels was friendly and helpful. As of this writing, a Cracker Barrel and Sonny's BBQ are within a short walking distance of the motel property.

If you're a regular Hampton guest, you'll likely find this location meets all the basics...not outstanding, but nothing too far out of alignment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Deborah H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and your kind word but would like to apologize for the location of your guest room. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area

Reviewed October 22, 2012

As always we were pleased with our stay at Hampton Inn. This hotel was close to Cumberland Falls State Park and 50 minutes away from Cumberland Gap National Park. We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and visited the falls one day and Cumberland Gap National Park another day. What a great convenient spot. We even visited the original Kentucky Fried Chicken which was down the road. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I use this hotel since it is located on I-75
It is a clean well managed Hampton. I have had four stays at this property this year. The standard interstate food is available close by. It is a cost effective hotel in this area.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This property is nice, clean and mostly functional. I arrived early and the room type I had reserved was not ready, so the desk clerk upgraded me to a Jacuzzi room at the same rate. Room is large enough, AC works well and is quiet. Bed is soft, but comfortable. Lighting is good. Jacuzzi is very nice and felt great after hiking Cumberland falls. Now for the bad part. The WiFi in my room never worked. In the breakfast room, connection is possible but speeds as measured by www.speakeasy.net were .75mb down and .25mb up! I am connected to the Love's truck stop down the street which works very well, but charges by the day. I complained to the desk clerk the first night, he gave me an 800 number to call, but it went straight to voice mail and they never called back. I brought it up the the day clerk the next day and he said that ever since they changed their ISP, service is spotty at best. I feel cheated!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here on Saturday night Sept 15. We used points from our Hilton Honors account. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. The linens smelled fresh and clean. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee in the room. The furnishings need a little updating and the room seemed kinda dark unless every light was on. We got the last available room in the place and were lucky it was a king room like we wanted. There are several hotels at this exit but we only had points for this one so we were glad they had a room. Overall, I would stay here again-this time we just needed a place to sleep and didn't really use all the amenities or sample the breakfast (we ate at the cracker barrel across the street) :)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbin
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
18 mi away
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Corbin? Share your experiences!