“Great Staff”

Fairfield Inn Corbin
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This review is not of the motel, but instead of the staff. We made reservations here well in advance of our travels and then had to cancel them at the very, very, very last minute due to car trouble which resulted in us having to be towed to Lexington. The staff was understanding and helpful and we really appreciated that they went out of their way to accommodate our situation. They certainly didn’t have to help us – and many hotels won’t. I’m going to assume that had we actually made it there, they also would have taken good care of us in person.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beentheredonethat777

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is a great location off the interstate. The hotel has free breakfast and wifi. If you are traveling, it is a perfect place to stay. The check-in was fast. The room was very nice. They had a few extra amenities in the room (bathroom supplies) which was a great little touch!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristinxx27
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I will admit I was a bit nervous given some of the negative reviews and the lack of professional photos on Marriott.com. However, the room served it's purpose; we needed a good night sleep in a clean room for a reasonable price. The room had new bedding and appeared to have gone through a recent update. Had a room on the 3rd floor, did not notice the odor that others commented on when the ac was on. The one weird thing was, we could smell cigarette smoke. I called to confirm with the front desk the hotel was smoke free. The only thing we could think was smoke creep through the door from the hallway. The bathroom offered additional toiletries vs a standard room which included razor and shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste and make-up remover. Overall it was a decent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 859TK
Kevin W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with important feedback, which allows us to better understand the needs of our guests, as well as explore areas in which we can improve. We are committed to the 100% smoke free Marriott policy, however there is, unfortunately still the occasional guest that chooses to smoke, and I sincerely apologize that you were a victim of circumstance. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the additional amenities in your room, as they are one of the many added perks we offer our guests. If you should pass through Corbin, KY in the future, I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Needed effective wireless to get a presentation completed for the next morning. VERY slow connection prompted a call down to the front desk, was told they would "reset" the server and should be good in 10 minutes. Rebooted and tried again, still almost dial up speed. Went downstairs to mention the wireless was still slow. Front desk manager told me the speed would be better later that night. Bottom line is wireless never got up to speed, could smell smoke from the people smoking under the canopy outside the front door. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David16_12
Kevin W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your most recent stay, due to our wireless network. I am vehemently working toward upgrading our network equipment, and expect to have an extremely fast, reliable connection for our guests, in place very soon. If you would give us the chance to meet your needs when you pass through Corbin, KY again, I invite you to contact me directly, as I would be happy to personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stay at mostly Marriott properties but I wished I had stayed somewhere other than this location. Hotel looked aged or at least smelled that way. Breakfast could definitely be improved compared to other Fairfields and Residence Inn's. The Fairfield a little further north in Berea, KY looked nicer from the road so I wished we had driven a little further north or maybe stayed at the Hampton Inn in Corbin instead. Man at the front desk was not that friendly either.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I'd like to take a moment to apologize for our hotel not meeting your standard during your most recent stay. I can assure you that I take each guest's feedback very seriously, and take it into consideration when searching for areas in which to make improvements. Before you travel through Corbin, KY again, I invite you to contact us and allow us another chance at meeting your needs.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there last night after a long drive. The night manager Scott was very pleasant and helpful. The room was nice and clean. Slept like a rock in that bed! The breakfast was decent. Easy on/off for travelers.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. A very clean room, friendly and helpful staff, a reasonable breakfast offering, and the room was nicely equipped and very quiet. What more can you ask for? i also appreciate the fact that sll of the Marriott properties are smoke free.

Room Tip: I always choose upper floor rooms but this seems to be a very quiet hotel.