“ick”
Review of Bubby's BBQ

Bubby's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Corbin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We offer a full menu with anything from a half pound hamburger, steak sandwiches, chili dogs, kids menu, we also have catfish dinners and bbq platters avaiable. We also have 6 buffet bars with BBQ items, fried chicken, deep fried catfish, Chicken and dumplings, hot wings, all kinds of sides to choose from , home made desserts, a huge selection salad bar and much more! Our Buffet is always hot and fresh we take pride in serving our customers nothing but top quality food. If you haven't true us out you will not be disappointed. We offer a very clean establishment with very friendly smiling faces. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Not good...should b rated #22 on trip advisor list. Very bad food. Heavy food. The bbq was very dry and hard to chew.. the catfish was waaay overly battered and fried. The only thing that wasnt fried was the green beans n carrots.. n they may have been.. just not breaded. Not worth the 9.99 for the buffet..couldnt even finish 1plate of food. Warm cottage cheese...oil soaked fried chicken....oil soaked hush puppies..n on n on. If they would invest in some mixed greens or romaine lettuce for their salad bar..that might have been good..but the iceburg lettuce was in chunks.... n somewhat icky. Though the salad raw veggies were crisp.. just an overall lose your dinner afterwards experience.. wasted 40$ down the loo! (Dinner for 3)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

On our way to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, my wife and I stopped in Corbin, Kentucky for gasoline. Next door was a very active restaurant so we decided to give it a try. Bubby's BBQ, Catfish and Steak has sandwiches, sides, platters, and buffets. On Friday, they have catfish and BBQ, On Saturday they have ribs and BBQ, and on Sunday they have a homestyle buffet. Hours for the buffets are 3 PM to 9 PM both Friday and Saturday and 11 AM until 3 PM on Sunday. business hours are 11 AM until 9 PM Wednesday through Saturday and 11 AM until 3 PM on Sunday. They are closed Monday and Tuesday.

We decided to try the buffet since everyone else in the place seemed to be eating from the buffet and I know a good thing when I see it. While most of the food was generally good, I must warn you that this is true "Sweet" Southern cooking so you might find the coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, and especially that tea to be too sweet for your tastes. Of course, this means that the cornbread is out of this world delicious, assuming you like your cornbread on the sweeter side.

The reason we came here was for the BBQ but I was fairly unimpressed since it is, in reality, pulled pork and they had a squeeze bottle of barbecue sauce sitting on the table. The pork, in itself, was quite good and fairly moist but I prefer the flavor of the sauce to be cooked into the meat.

The big surprise came when I decided to try a piece of Catfish. I am not normally a fan of this type of fish but when I bit into it, I discovered a little piece of heaven. I have simply never had a better piece of fish, anywhere or at any price. It was crunchy on the outside and moist and flaky on the inside. For me, and at that time, all the side dishes simply "disappeared" since it was all about that marvelous fish.

My wife, who is not quite the fish lover I am tells me all the side dishes were marvelous except for the three that I mentioned above which were also too sweet for her taste.

If you should decide to go there, seek out Melissa, who has a vibrant, funny, and "down home friendly" personality.

The cost for our lunch buffet, which runs from 11 AM to 3 PM was only $6.99 each. Will we go back? Absolutely and I guarantee it will be on a Friday for that Catfish!!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is some of the BEST barbecue and catfish I've EVER had! I work in the area every week and there is no place better to eat but Bubby's! The food is always delicious, the restaurant is clean and the staff are so friendly and helpful! I HIGHLY recommend you visit Bubby's!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place has the best Catfish I have ever had. I got the catfish platter with cole slaw and fried okra. This was too much food to eat, but it was soooo good. Husband got the BBQ sandwich and said it was also terrific. The kids shared a catfish platter and it worked out just about right for the 2 of them, each with a side and some catfish. They do have a large buffet if you like that, but I prefer cooked to order food at all restaurants. The wait staff is friendly and we had good service. NO complaints about this place.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

For the past year, we traveled through Corbin, Ky on our way to Louisville about once as month. I had seen the "Bubby's Bar B Que" billboard, but am often reluctant to eat at a place I don't know anything about. After passing by that exit several times, we decided to try it, and were pleasantly surprised! We had the lunch buffet, and it was excellent. A wide variety of vegetables, all well seasoned. There is always several meats, including pulled pork bar b que that they cook in house. Bubby's is immaculately clean, and the lunch buffet is $7 or $8, depending what day it is. That includes the salad bar, the hot bar, and the choice of several different desserts, most of which are made by them daily.We now make it our regular lunchtime stop when we travel through there.

1  Thank Joe K

Been to Bubby's BBQ? Share your experiences!