“WORST CAMPGROUND!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corbin
Falls Creek Cabins and Campground
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was the worst campground we have EVER visited! They stated that we would have access to Wi-Fi, we didn't, not even where the campers were located. The site we had was a complete mud pit, no picnic table, no fire ring like they stated. The price was cheap, with that being said, you get what you pay for!! We don't recommend this campground to anyone and will never stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DaniaEgedi, General Manager at Falls Creek Cabins and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

I am very sorry that your group had such a miserable experience. However, I do feel the need to point out that the place that you set up your tents is not actually a campsite. It is a place where we are doing some ground work to put in a new cozy cabin. I am sure that it was extremely muddy, especially after the deluge on Sat night! There is no ground cover and the dirt has been recently disturbed. There was no picnic table or fire ring there because, well, it isn’t a campsite. We noticed that you moved the picnic table and fire ring from your actual campsite down to where you had set up your tents. We didn’t want to ask you to move to the actual campsite because you had already everything set up. Although wi-fi is available at the water/electric tent sites where you had your original reservation, it is not available in the primitive tent site area that you moved to. You can still access the wi-fi in and around the reservation building, which is about 200 yards from your campsite.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

When I booked my drive up primitive site, I chose D7, the map portrayed the sites to be outside of the loop and spaced out from your neighbors pretty well, but this was not the case. Upon arrival I was disappointed to see that all seven sites were inside of the loop and tightly grouped so it was easy to hear your neighbors all night. The first night wasn't bad except for one of the people staying in D3 was snoring but it was more funny than annoying, however the next night was bad because site D2 became occupied with three guys that were talking about some rather obscene things and didn't care if every site heard them. I booked site D7 hoping for the most privacy and distance from the road but as it turns out you don't get any of that at any of the sites. There is a road that leads to horse riding maybe 20 yards from the sites and late at night there were people riding up and down the paved road so the hooves of the horses were pretty annoying as were the people riding them. I don't plan on booking one of those sites again despite the price being extremely reasonable ($15 a night for up to six people and on a holiday weekend none the less).

The nicest thing was by far the bath house which is a very short walking distance from the drive up sites. It has four individual rooms each with a full shower, sink/vanity, toilet, and bench. There is an exhaust fan in each room so it didn't get too hot while I was in there. I will also note that one of the rooms is handicap accessible. The bath house also has a laundry room with a coin operated washer and dryer, a wash tub, and a bookshelf with a nice little selection of reading material. The covered deck on the bath house has a table with four chairs and a Pepsi machine. The bright light on the outside of the bath house can be a little annoying when you are sitting around the campfire at night and glance at it but that's getting nit picky.

There is a little snack bar called the White Dog Cafe and they have a surprisingly large menu and prices were reasonable. I had breakfast there one morning and got a bacon biscuit that was a little on the small side but it did taste very good. I can't speak about any of their sandwiches but it did seem to stay fairly busy around lunch time. I will mention that it looked like they only accept cash at the cafe.

The staff was very friendly and being my first trip to the area they helped me a lot with directions so my group didn't get lost. They do have a little store area in the registration building that is quite pricey. We forgot bug spray and purchased some there for $6 whereas it would have probably been $2 at Walmart but it was convenient at the time and it was my fault for not bringing any in the first place. There is also a gift shop with some nice souvenirs if that's your thing. One plus is that they do accept debit/credit cards for any purchase in the store.

Overall aside from the noise of your close quarter neighbors at the drive up sites it was a decent stay. The only time we were there was late at night after kayaking and hiking in the area all day so even with the noise it wasn't too hard to fall asleep. As I mentioned I doubt I will book a drive up primitive site again but I may opt for a walk-in primitive or one of their small cabins for future stays.

Room Tip: If you want a drive up primitive site, D7 is the way to go and fit our three tents easily. It has th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The campsites are clean and spacious enough. The people are friendly and very helpful for any questions. The location is between the Falls and the boat ramp where you load for the river boat cruise -just a little drive to either place. The internet service was a little slow. Please note that there is no cell phone service in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I needed a campsite near Cumberland Falls for one night. The state park campground had a one night minimum so this was my only choice. I was very happy with how it turned out.

I arrived a couple hours late, and they called to confirm that would still be there. The check in was smooth, and when I had trouble finding my site one of the employees drove me right to it.

Overall, if you're looking for something close to the falls, the highway, and only need one night, this is your campsite.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great place to camp, especially with a 5th Wheel. Loved the rafting below the Falls followed by the boat cruise!!,-perfect day! The campsite is very close to Cumberland Falls, which allowed for so much to do for the entire family. Definitely planning another trip here..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recommend this campground for anyone who plans on staying in the Cumberland Falls area. My wife and I stayed on a primitive site for one night. We were going to Corbin for a wedding and decided to go witness the moonbow while we were there. All the campsites at the Cumberland Falls State Park were unavailable and I discovered Falls Creek online. They were quick to reply via email and phone, they were very helpful and friendly, and they offer a lot of fun adventurous activities. The staff members were nice, the facilities were clean, and it was cheap!!! Only ten minutes from the falls and twenty minutes from Corbin, located just outside of the Daniel Boone National forest.

Room Tip: They have several options you can choose from with tent and RV campsites, they also have cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Arrived in the general area with no GPS, map, cell signal or idea where I was supposed to go and the directions & reservations had been saved in my email that I couldn't access (just my particular carrier) but the first person I asked down the road gave me precise directions with a smile. Once we arrived at Sheltowee Trace and entered the main building I was again greeted with a smile. The entire staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and our backwoods tent site was near a group of young Christian campers making the stay even more pleasant knowing we had no concern in leaving our things behind any time we ventured out. We even left our pedal boat in the back of the truck through our stay without any concerns whatsoever (parking out of sight from backwoods mind you). The kids were eager to rock climb and the staff opened the building early just to accommodate us! Prices are very, very reasonable - including the snack bar which offers coffee, traditional breakfast foods, and hot sandwiches. Souvenirs are also rather affordable. Bath house was spacious, clean and comfortable (I accidentally took the girls in the men's bath house for our showers and we didn't even realize it until we finished up! lol) Cumberland Falls are conveniently located right down the road. Backwoods tent sites are really neat and they provide a wagon for you to get all of your gear back to your campsite which is a nice open area with a picnic table and fire pit - the sites are clean and well kept. Backwoods sites are of course rustic and give a rather secluded feel, but everything is just a comfortable, short walk away.

$15 a night for the camp site with clean showers, $21 for 7 rock climbs, and $40 on 3 souvenir t-shirts - smiles from the staff, priceless! We will definitely be staying here again!!

Room Tip: In chosing a tent site I recommend going as far back as possible (B6+) so that you have the most pri...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbin
Cumberland Falls State Resort - Dupont Lodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Best Western Corbin Inn
Holiday Inn Express Corbin

Been to Falls Creek Cabins and Campground? Share your experiences!