“Not a place to stay”
Review of Corbin KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corbin
Corbin KOA
Brooklyn, Michigan
“Not a place to stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Sites open into neighbors. Neighbors 5 feet from our door sitting at patio table. Felt packed in. Guy that parked us was not helpful. Step jamed into cement slab after he parked us too close to patio. When I told him he argued with me. Difficult for big rigs to get around. Campground set up for small trailers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kathy A

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My sister and I spent the weekend, after Memorial Day, in one of the cabins, so we could hike some of the trails in Cumberland Lake State Park and Cumberland Gap NP. I've been staying in KOA cabins for many years; this was her second experience in one of the them. It was a very nice weekend, weatherwise, so I was a little surprised that there were not more campers. The crowd was very small, which is always ok with me. Since there were only a few campers, the bathroom was always clean. I have no complaints about this KOA and would stay here again. I don't use the pool or playground area, or get involved in the activities that are offered, which is why I don't write reviews on them. I only use the cabin and bathroom facilites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank trippermama
iadoreprince
Reviewed August 27, 2012

So I reviewed this KOA back two years ago and it was very clean , well weeded etc. This time not so much. We usually stay here on our trips to and from Myrtle Beach.

Good things- Their seasonal staff a married couple were great. Very friendly and helpful , restrooms were clean , easy check in and easy to find off of 75.

Not so great things - It's my understanding there are newer owners with children which is a great thing I have three myself but the play area looked like it was their personal play area/back yard. There were toys everywhere not picked up at all. When you walk into the main building there were personal belongings everywhere. Their mail was laying on a bench , hair spray , brushes , toys etc on the sofa and end tables. Just felt like it needed a good clean up. We also noticed the whole campground needed a good trimming/weeding. Back a few years ago there were big pots outside of the cabins that used to have beautiful flowers now they sit empty or with weeds in them : ( We stayed in cabin 2 I believe and the swing was broken. It looks like someone may have put a screw or two in instead of fixing it. My daughter who is 8 tried to sit on it with me and we were afraid it would snap so we both got off. There also used to be a wii in the common room that the kids loved it's now gone : ( (

Like I said in my other posting we stay for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. It is much cheaper than a hotel and it's ok for a night. I would not however stay for a weekend. They need an updated play area , some tlc on the weeding/planting areas and to pick up their common areas that guests see. I understand they live on site and have children but it would be nice while on vacation to not see all their personal belongings strewn about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank iadoreprince
Montville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a water & electric site.Had apparently just missed the busy weeks. It was only mid Aug This was our first trip to KY so for us it was a bit strange that the campground was not active at all. Glad we did not have young kids they would have been disappointed at lack of activities and outdated playground. Check in was easy and staff friendly. Overall very clean place in bad need of updates to rest rooms. The closing of the only rest rooms for two hours in busy season I would imagine is difficult. Only restroom is at front office and can be a hike for some sites. Found staff lacking in knowledge about area. There basically is no camp store was an innocence. They did sell wood and ice. Also no game room to speak of. Site was spacious and cable worked well though wifi was spotty. Picnic table was well maintained and clean. It would have been nice to know that there is a train that runs near by and can be heard at all times of the night. Also owners let their aggressive dogs bark during the night it would have been nice if they followed their own rules. Overall i would recommend to others and visit again.

• Stayed August 2012
State of Confusion
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our visit to Corbin started off very well when I made the reservation for the campground. I had to call the reservation in because the owners locked the koa site down for reservations made in July. I spoke with Caitlin who, even though had some trouble with the computer, could not have been friendlier! When we checked in Jim took us to our site and was super nice. Everyone we spoke with was wonderful. The facilities on the other hand were average.
The bathroom which is off of the pool was always wet which was really no big deal. Some of the toilets had issues with flushing so you had to jiggle the handle a few times - again no big deal. The showers had great water pressure and excellent hot/cold water. They were a bit rough around the edges, though. They were about the size you would expect from a campground shower. Enough room for the shower but just a little too small in the changing area. A word of caution - the bathrooms are closed from 11 to 1...I thought that was a ridiculous time to close a bathroom down. Since it's right off of the pool and that's prime time to play in the sun, I really wonder where the kids are going to the bathroom at this time.
The pool area was a lot smaller than I thought it would be based on the pictures. Since it was just my husband and I, we didn't plan on hanging out in the pool area too much. We got in one day for a few minutes to cool off after a canoe trip but that was it.
The wireless in the campground was terrible. Our site was about 50 ft from the camp store/check in area and we hardly ever had reliable service. Again, we didn't stay in the campground so it was okay. I wanted to skype my daughter when we first got to the campground and we were able to for a few minutes.
I liked that the tent area had squared off sections for where you were to pitch your tent. That was wonderful since the area was sectioned off and was large enough to fit our tent (it's huge...10x14) The ground was soft enough for our spikes without having to worry about hitting asphalt or rock under the grass.
The fire ring was really small and didn't have a grate to go across. Again, we didn't stay in the campground so it was a nonissue for us.
All in all, our stay was very nice. The people could not have been nicer. Had we spent more time in the campground, though, I would have been disappointed with it overall. If we were to go back to Corbin, I wouldn't mind staying again but only because I know we wouldn't be hanging out at the campground all day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Osprey, FL
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived for a one night stay. We were delighted to see private patios and fire pits. Some of the spaces are designed for two RV's traveling together with a shared patio or deck between the two lots. This is extremely hard to find and I felt it was worth mentioning. All roads and spaces are rock without dirt. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Every year we camp at Corbin KOA. It has become a family tradition that our children look forward to even though we only live 10 miles away. The property is VERY clean and the owners are very nice. We have never been displeased with our stay. They have several activities for kids such as candy hunts, hay rides, ice cream social, and movie night at the park. We love it!! Angela

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbin
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
Hampton Inn Corbin
Hampton Inn Corbin
#1 of 12 in Corbin
Holiday Inn Express Corbin
Best Western Corbin Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Baymont Inn & Suites London KY

Been to Corbin KOA? Share your experiences!