“Raft Trip to the base of Cumberland Falls”

Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Corbin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort offers a wide variety of activities geared for all ages. River adventures include guided whitewater rafting trips, as well as canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, and tubing. We also have zip-lining, excursions aboard the Cumberland Star riverboat, and a guided boat trip for an up-close view of Cumberland Falls. Camping and cabins round out our offerings.
Wheelersburg, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raft Trip to the base of Cumberland Falls”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So glad we did this! Well worth the $12 ticket (children less)! Very surprised that this isn't more heavily advertised. If you go to Cumberland Falls you MUST do this. A guide paddles your raft to the base of the falls (or as close as possible, depending on the water level). You will get wet and feel the spray from the falls. An AWESOME experience! We will definitely go back! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Our guide Malachi, was just a high school kid but he gave a great tour, very personable and entertaining as well as informative.

1 Thank Sue F

Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Family or Individual Whitewater Trip”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was the second trip for my daughter (11 years old) and the first for my nephew (13 years old). We all had an incredible time and all the guides are great! You can bring kids as young as six years old and they will have a great experience. I have rafted with STO on multiple occasions and every time they have had young children. Everyone has a blast and the guides are very safety oriented. Great day trip for family and great practice trip for people who want to get some more experience on whitewater!

Lexington, KY
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Thrilling II-IV white water.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have previously kayaked the easy sections of Elkhorn Creek, Rockcastld River, and Ky River in Frankfort. We had been looking to try white water since trying ocean kayaking. Our trip Below the Falls from Sheltower Trace outfitters did not disappoint. The trip included numerous rafts with groups of all ages as well as group of guided "duckies" inflatable kayaks. We did the river in a two-person tandem duck. Before every rapid, our guide told us the best line to take and what to do if "taking a swim - flipping". A spot mid-way through included a jump rock for jumping into the river to cool off. Lunch was provided at the end on a large boat ride back to the take-out. Over-all a great experience; safety a top priority for this outfit.

1 Thank angnott
Cookeville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Safety First”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been with a lot of outfitters the years. Sheltowee is by far the best. I could tell right away that safety was their number one concern and I had three children with me. I also liked how organized the entire staff was and things moved quickly and camly with a large group. Thanks for some great trips. I will be back.

Mary Jo

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mary Jo G
Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun but over priced”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The trip was pretty fun, just a bit overpriced to rent a canoe for 2 hours with nothing else included.

1 Thank kentuckycosmogirl