“Safety First”

Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Corbin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort offers a wide variety of activities geared for all ages. River adventures include guided whitewater rafting trips, as well as canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, and tubing. We also have zip-lining, excursions aboard the Cumberland Star riverboat, and a guided boat trip for an up-close view of Cumberland Falls. Camping and cabins round out our offerings.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been with a lot of outfitters the years. Sheltowee is by far the best. I could tell right away that safety was their number one concern and I had three children with me. I also liked how organized the entire staff was and things moved quickly and camly with a large group. Thanks for some great trips. I will be back.

Mary Jo

in 6 reviews
"great guide"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The trip was pretty fun, just a bit overpriced to rent a canoe for 2 hours with nothing else included.

1  Thank kentuckycosmogirl
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We traveled to Falls Creek campground/STO on Friday of Memorial Weekend for a 4 day camping trip. The whole weekend was a great time. The location was perfect, near the falls but also close to town where there are restaurants and shops. Easy to get to, your cell phone will kind of work for the most part and our GPS didn't have a problem with the location. The campground is well kept, bathrooms were very clean the whole weekend and the campsites were well maintained. We were tent camping and wanted a backwoods site but they were already booked up when I made the reservation so we camped on what will be the cozy cabin sites. I also checked out their front woods camping area which seemed nice as well but not overly shaded :) The price was reasonable not only for the site but also for the other activities horseback riding for $18, Kayaking for $25, ice and firewood were reasonably priced. There are also some items in the store if you forget something and a café on site with good prices on items.
It was nice having an outfitter on site to schedule water adventure and get advice. We did tandem kayaking in a relaxing float down the river. They also had several whitewater rafting trips over the weekend as well. There are lots of trails around to hike including on the campground. If you want to find a swimming hole take one of the trails along the river there are lots of inlets to take a dip when it's hot out.
I would say there is something for everyone here. We saw several people playing soccer, Frisbee, laying out, using the rock climbing wall, hiking etc all weekend. While the campground was full all weekend noise was never an issue and there was no lines in the bathrooms. The staff was helpful and everything was run well.
I will defiantly be back to the STO again for more fun and relaxation!

1  Thank Robyn S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We camped for the first time as a family this Memorial Day weekend at Sheltowee Trace and cannot say enough about how impressed we were. The service was amazing, so friendly and always available. The shower house is new and wonderful as it has 4 private full bathrooms. The campgrounds were well kept and the price cannot be beat. Beautiful area, beautiful campground, we will return!

1  Thank BeadedWhimsy
See more reviews
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I took the 17 mile canoe trip down the upper Cumberland River yesterday, which took us aprox. 6hrs to complete (we stopped a couple of times for a break). On this section of river there are class 1&2 rapids. We had a great experience using STO. The staff was very friendly, and the facilities were well equipped. The shower house was very clean , and each shower stall had it's own private dressing area. We will diffidently be using this company again when we try the white water rafting trip below the falls. A big thanks to the staff @ STO!

2  Thank jigg_82