“Great time on the river”

Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Corbin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort offers a wide variety of activities geared for all ages. River adventures include guided whitewater rafting trips, as well as canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, and tubing. We also have zip-lining, excursions aboard the Cumberland Star riverboat, and a guided boat trip for an up-close view of Cumberland Falls. Camping and cabins round out our offerings.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a great time rafting with Sheltowee. Granted, the Cumberland is not one of your whitewater daredevil rivers at the present depth, but it really didn't matter. Chasidy, aka Mama Bear, was the perfect guide -- kept us off the rocks, in the raft and laughing the whole way. The scenery is spectacular, safety was taken seriously and the day couldn't have been better. My only disappointment was being towed the last five miles because of calm water. I would happily have paddled out. Still, the camaraderie in the raft made up for that tiny glitch in an otherwise perfect day. And the calm waters allowed us to stop and dip in for a swim. So there's your silver lining.
As for lunch being not so great as other reviewers have mentioned? Well, it is what it is. It was a decent sub, cookie, apple, chips and water. It had been sitting in the cooler in the raft for several hours, but where else would it be? It wasn't that bad, and quite frankly, I didn't make the trip for the lunch. I can eat lunch anywhere. I made the trip for the experience and the day in the outdoors. I was not disappointed, and I will definitely come back again. I will be grinning for a long, long time with memories of yesterday. Thanks, Mama Bear and Papa Smurf. It was quite a day.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Had a wonderful time,celebrating our friend micky's 30th Birthday, there was 6 of us our raft adventure was GREAT, we had Randall, who showed us a really good time, Thanks Randell, we will be back, hope u are still there :)

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our first river trip in KY. The area is beautiful, the weather was perfect, and the river was running well. Steve-O was our guide. The only negative was the lunch. The "turkey and cheese" sandwiches were soggy, the cheese is so processed that it becomes a liquid in the sandwich and the turkey which seemd to be in little pieces was hard to find. They put all the sandwiches in the cooler where the frozen water is which makes them that way. If they put something in the cooler to keep them better seperated maybe this would help. There was at least chips, apples, a cookie and water or gatorade to drink. It was obvious that they purchased the cheapest ingredients for these sandwiches. These are the same sandwiches the guides eat everyday (and I don't know how they do it). If they improved the quality of food for their lunches it would make the experience much better in my opinion. It would probably be better to charge just a little less for the trip and have everyone bring their own lunches or give everyone the ability to "build" their own sandwiches and pay for the quaily of lunch they want seperately.

1  Thank AKOILLADY
Reviewed August 8, 2012

First 2 hours amazing, & the guides amazing but the river is so low that the last 2 hours are torture as its so hot you get pulled by the lead boat with a 3.5 hp motor out with no shade you get burned!! Bring your own water and a granola bar, lunch is not till 2 PM and after paddling for 4 hours without food and water, I was dehydrated.

4  Thank Maggie_Travels_29601
Reviewed August 6, 2012

"Papa Smurf" (Rick, the head of the operation) is a truly unique and entertaining character, and our guide "Steve-O" was professional, sociable, and fun. There wasn't as much whitewater as we expected, but what we did have was great and just gave us a taste for more! There are a few surprises along the trip (no spoilers), but just know that it's a great way to spend the day, with either friends or family - highly recommend! --F&T

2  Thank anonymous064556132