Smart Stay(Kumbalam)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake facingfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantbackwater viewnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurant
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A generic Ramada with permanently repeating elevator music throughout. The clientele seems to be almost exclusively Middle Eastern - every woman had a black burkha outfit. Although we booked a non-smoking lake view room on the hotel website, we got a smoking room without a view; We are non-smokers, and sleeping through the night was difficult with the heavy stench of cigarettes in the air. The food is severely overpriced with loads of MSG. The waiters quickly pour two glasses from one large bottle of Kingfisher beer and then disappear with the bottle and the rest of the beer in it; We are not sure if this is done not to offend the Middle Eastern clients with the sight of a beer bottle, or if the servers pull this off to drink the remaining beer - just half a glass or so - themselves. Altogether disappointing as it provides the dull experience of a generic airport hotel although it is located on the shores of the romantic Kerala backwaters.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank travelsea_11
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your valuable time to write a feedback.

Your reservation was for a superior room and was not for a lake view cottage.

We are in the process of converting the entire superior room into non -smoking rooms.

We dont use MSG in any of the food prepared in the resort. You had only Indian cuisine during your stay and no Indian cuisine use MSG.

I have spoken to the bar manager about your observation about not pouring the entire contents into the glass. I would like to point out that we are very clear about staff drinking on duty, and so far we have not had such an instance.

We are a resort and is quite popular among the Arab countries and we do have a large number Arabs coming in from all over the middle east. We welcome all nationalities in our resort.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed 3 night in the hotel and I'm amazed with the place, people, food and spa. basically it was an awesome trip for me. A special thanks to this wonderful person that I meet Monisha (Reservation) and Mr. Suresh (GM) they have been very helpful in many ways. It was such an unforgetable trip that I have already looking to another trip there in couple of months time.

Room Tip: Facing the pool and lake is superb.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ann7241

Namaskaram !

I thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review. I have passed on your compliments to the team.

We hope to see you back here for a longer stay !

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed at the Ramada Resort for 6 days. The location, personnel, Lakeside Cottages, especially those 104 - 116,food( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) and amenities ( e.g.massages) were SUPERB. Guests needs come first, thus 1st Class service all round. Easy access to many places of interest, e.g. Hills Palace, Fort Kochi and Kochi using the hotels own reasonably priced taxi service and after being in the hustle and bustle during the day, being able to return to the tranquillity. If not out and about enjoy the great pool facilities.

Room Tip: Lakeside Cottages nos 104 - 116, these are directly opposite the pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MorseCheshire
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Namaskaram !

We hope to see you back here for a longer stay !

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ramada is an excellent choice if you want to relax from busy Indian life. We stayed there for 3 nights and it was perfect. The service is amazing and the team is very smily/ friendly and polite. The pool is huge and clean. You can also enjoy a drink while at the pool bar and enjoy the view on the backwaters. The restaurant food is delicious and buffet was also very nice with plenty of option to choose from. There was a wedding on one night close to our bedroom but we couldn't hear a sound of it. The sales person from the shop was a bit too perseverant and tried to sale us something every time we were passing by and wifi across the hotel could really be improved. We really enjoy every second of our stay and regret that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Namaskaram !

I have already spoken to the shop person about your observation. I apologise on his behalf for his over enthusiasm. We have rectified the Wifi issue.

Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in Kerala for 3 nights, and selected this hotel as a reliable chain name that wasn't as expensive as Le Meridien & Co.

The hotel itself is good with a nice swimming pool and great views. Service is not upto scratch and there is only really 1 restaurant for Breakfast lunch and dinner on site which is a shame as it's advertised as 4 different ones.

Overall I think this is a great hotel for a short trip (perhaps Business trip) where you can relax by the pool in your breaks, go to the gym and even host meetings and have access to Fort Kochi area (15Kms) relatively easily. However for a romantic break/friends break, I would highliy recommend staying near a beach area or near the backwaters where there are a few good resorts.

Room Tip: Book a room rate without breakfast, as a great buffet breakfast is available at Rs 550 pp ~ £5.5 which is a lot less than what you will be charged on key websites to include breakfast in the booking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rahulh7

Namaskaram !

We hope to see you back here for another stay !