“Relaxing place to stay outside Cochin”

Ramada Resort Cochin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kumbalam
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in this resort in February 2014 and can confirm most of the already existing comments. Hospitality and service were great and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially with an injury of my girlfriend. The food in the restaurant was worth to stay there in the evening.
As an experienced Asia traveller I also can understand some of the 'not so nice' arguments but how long do you want to search until you'll find a place that fulfils all expectations for a reasonable price?
And if you're sitting on your balcony overlooking the lake some minor issues might be forgotten quite fast.
Short note: if you are planning to come back to this place by an autoriksha from the city you should be prepared to show the driver the way to this resort ;-)

Room Tip: if possible, take a room with lake view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Namaskaram !

I thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review. I have passed on your compliments to the team.

We hope to see you back here for a longer stay !

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Nice Resort in close to Nature, situated on the bank of back waters are the KEY highlight of this hotel. Quality of food and service is at its class and no doubt a best choice for a family vacation. I strongly recommend to experience this nature touching feel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Srinivas,

Namaskaram !!

Thank you for taking time out to write a wonderful review. Your comments have been passed on to the team. We hope to see you back again at the resort !

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night at the start of our tour of Kerala.
Whilst some distance from Cochin airport and we did have to double back the next day it was worthwhile for the quality of the hotel and it's location.
It was very quiet and had excellent views of the waterways and a wonderful swimming pool.
We used the leisure centre which was perfectly adequate,although you do have to go exploring to turn on lights,machines and AC.
We used the main restaurant for our evening meal and were very impressed with the choice of menu and the food and service was excellent.
I would also like to praise the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff we encountered.
So if you are staying only one night or longer I would recommend that you consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Try for a cottage overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HorshamMoosehead
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Namaskaram !

We hope to see you back here for a longer stay !

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Location is very important when you are looking for a 5 star hotel in Kochi.
Many of the 5 star hotels are located near busy roads. If you are looking for the perfect location Ramada Resort is probably your best option. The rooms near the swimming pool ( I think the largest pool in South India) are superb. Wonderful views over the backwaters over Kochi.
Quite and romantic Staff is very friendly - breakfast / buffet diners are great value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms around the swimming pool facing the backwaters are perfect
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Namaskaram !

I thank you for taking your valuable time out to write a wonderful review. I have passed on your compliments to the team.

We hope to see you back at the Ramada Resort !

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The space at Ramada is absolutely beautiful and for the most part the staff really were absolutely lovely, especially the team at the restaurant and the hotel drivers. The other guests were quiet and kept to themselves. I enjoyed the spa, and the breakfasts were fantastic and I watched every sunrise and sunset from my balcony. It was spectacular. I had deliberately selected a quiet place far away from the city and for the most part got that. 5 stars on this aspect. We did not find the space worn out as others have said. The space is top notch and very comfortable. However, we there were problems: we bought a package (stay + food + other things) which was completely overpriced for what we got. Next time I would just rent the room and do ala carte on everything else. We were supposed to get a water view but got a tree view and had to request a room change. Room service comes quick (awesome!) but dishes aren't taken away the same day (ug). Biggest problem: The events. We were there 3 nights. One night a wedding kept us awake. Another night, they had an event in the center space which was so loud due to the sound system being used. We had to shout to hear each other in our own room. I had to pass through the center of the party to get to my room, and our tables marked "private for guests" were invaded completely. That evening was absolutely unbearable and very stressful. After our request, we got another room for sleeping in because there was no way we could have slept through the noise. We couldn't even think or talk it was so loud. We paid $250+ per night for stay, and were shocked to have something like this happen. Really it felt completely unprofessional for the hotel to book events right in the middle of the sleeping areas. This experience was a good reminder of what I already knew from years of traveling in this Country: traveling in India can be a challenge. While there are hotel gems, there are more often problems at every hotel. I might stay at this hotel again, I just should have much lower expectations about the experience I might have. Maybe next time I will stay at a less expensive place so I am more willing to tolerate problems. Or I will stay here and take my chances.

Room Tip: Lagoon view is best. You can ask for a lagoon view not near the pool. We liked that the best, it w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChefHaxo

Namaskaram !

I apologise for the late reply.

I truly apologise for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. We never take a function in the courtyard. This is the first time we had taken the function and this was due to certain unavoidable reason.

Let me assure you , that this is the first and last time we will ever conduct a party in the courtyard.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I went to ramada resort for a night stay with my husband and 6 yr daughter on jan 27 monday.we stayed at room no:106 lake facing cottage.At the same night when i entered into the bathroom i slipped on the tiled bathroom and fell down as a result my left ankle got fractured and my knee got dislocated.the slipper provided in the room was very skidy and there was no anti slip safety mat.the injury was reported to the hotel,the staff were ready to assist us and very co operative especially the cab driver who assist us to the nearby lakeshore hospital.I dont receive any co operation from the hotel manager.the hotel authorities did not refund the amount we paid.I am not satisfied with the attitude of the hotel corporate people.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank teenaanup
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Namaskaram !

We regret for the unfortunate experience you had in the resort. We had assisted you the best possible way in the circumstances.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Nair J

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kumbalam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#8 of 212 in Kochi (Cochin)
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#15 of 212 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Radisson Blu Kochi
Radisson Blu Kochi
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Ramada Resort Cochin? Share your experiences!