All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake viewfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantsuperior roomnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurant
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is defiantly good but its not worth money. I would rather suggest the zuri at kumarkom because its almost same price and way much more beautiful. I personally had bad experience. I did my booking with cleartrip. There was some problem with that so they took about 1 hr to assign me a room. I showed them my email with confirmation even then it took them 1 hr. After an hr they showed me an email that my booking was canceled somehow. After all i had to pay walk in price rather than my booking price which was 1100 extra. Price is different for all the guest. The more u bargain batter price you will get.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rajenpat
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Rajenpat,

Namaskaram !!

Let me apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Your booking was cancelled by Cleartrip one day after the booking had come. It is possible that they may have not send the mail to you. But since we had recieved the cancellation we had released the room.

Rates offered online is dynamic and is linked to occupancy and date of arrival. So it constantly updates itself. You may not get the rate offered online directly from the hotel as you walk in. For example the rate offered online on a non refundable 15 day advance is the lowest offered in most hotels. This rate cuts off once the 15 day period to arrival is over.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed for five nights at Ramada Resort and experienced excellent hospitality. The Mexican restaurant was not up to expectations but the regular restaurant had great buffets and tasty food especially the "Karimeen Pollichattu" .The staff are gracious and rooms luxurious. If you get a chance to stay in the rooms facing the lake its a treat! The boat rides are an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Namaskaram !

Thank you for your wonderful review !

Unfortunately we had a supply issues with our supplier of the imported food materials for the Mexicana. There was a supply issue of mexican chillies, herbs , flavours and meat. This has been addressed by the supplier.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Been to this place with my wife... An awesome place, clean green n beautiful.... Great interiors, friendly staffs, cozy cottages, awesome
Food and amazing pool.... N d most, d lovely treat it gives to ur eyes as its water front..... Beautiful!!!!!!
Loved the stay here... Enjoyed!!!
Love to be back here soon...

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Reejal,

Namaskaram !

Thank you for a wonderful review ! I have passed on the the comments to the team.
I am delighted to know you are planning to visit us again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in the hotel in August with two of my friends. It was a get-together. We loved the spa. Spa was great and was our favourite. The ayurvedic place was also quite good. The game room was a joke as there was just an old table tennis table. The pool was clean and good and we enjoyed it. The Mexican restaurant was a disaster and Fajitas were spicy Kerala beef fry, but breakfast spread was ok. Also I would warn you about group reservations here as we were burnt by that. We had booked two rooms for a group of max 6 people and only 3 turned up and they refused to even take out the extra beds which we were charged even when we did not use the extra beds in two rooms. I think we were sleazed by the front desk even after intimating them two days earlier that only 3 would come. We were ready to pay for two rooms, but paying for extra bed when we did not use it was not right. Apart from this incidence and the food, the stay was good.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are better than lake facing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Preethi m

Namaskaram !

I apologise for any inconvenience you may have had in your interaction with the front office. Your booking was made online through Fastbooking.com and guaranteed by credit card for two rooms. During check in you wanted to cancel one room and we were unable to do so since it was a sold out date and it was too late for us to sell the room.

Be rest assured that if you are visiting us again, we will ensure that we will definitely do something for you from our side. Please write to the reservations directly addressed to me and I will ensure that something can be done for you.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks in a business trip. It was really a pleasure. The food was excellent and the service extraordinary.
The pool is amazing! And the sound of birds and the calm Backwaters river inspires to relax. I couldn't try the spa but I was told it was great.
I would come back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Christian L

Namaskaram !

Thank you for a wonderful review. I have passed on your comments to the team. I am delighted to know that you will be coming back again.