$71
$52
Le Noor(Kochi (Cochin))
$36
$35
The City Gate Residency(Kochi (Cochin))
$11
$79
$65
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $73/night.

KEYS SELECT HOTEL, KOCHI(Kochi (Cochin))
$44
$42
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $48/night.

TripAdvisor
Smart Stay(Kumbalam)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake facingfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantbackwater viewnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurant
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in the hotel in August with two of my friends. It was a get-together. We loved the spa. Spa was great and was our favourite. The ayurvedic place was also quite good. The game room was a joke as there was just an old table tennis table. The pool was clean and good and we enjoyed it. The Mexican restaurant was a disaster and Fajitas were spicy Kerala beef fry, but breakfast spread was ok. Also I would warn you about group reservations here as we were burnt by that. We had booked two rooms for a group of max 6 people and only 3 turned up and they refused to even take out the extra beds which we were charged even when we did not use the extra beds in two rooms. I think we were sleazed by the front desk even after intimating them two days earlier that only 3 would come. We were ready to pay for two rooms, but paying for extra bed when we did not use it was not right. Apart from this incidence and the food, the stay was good.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are better than lake facing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Preethi m
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Namaskaram !

I apologise for any inconvenience you may have had in your interaction with the front office. Your booking was made online through Fastbooking.com and guaranteed by credit card for two rooms. During check in you wanted to cancel one room and we were unable to do so since it was a sold out date and it was too late for us to sell the room.

Be rest assured that if you are visiting us again, we will ensure that we will definitely do something for you from our side. Please write to the reservations directly addressed to me and I will ensure that something can be done for you.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks in a business trip. It was really a pleasure. The food was excellent and the service extraordinary.
The pool is amazing! And the sound of birds and the calm Backwaters river inspires to relax. I couldn't try the spa but I was told it was great.
I would come back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Christian L

Namaskaram !

Thank you for a wonderful review. I have passed on your comments to the team. I am delighted to know that you will be coming back again.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We visited Ramada resort during Christmas holidays. The resort is right by the lake. We stayed at the cottages which have a brilliant view and a great interior. Service is quite prompt and staff is cordial. We have tw young kids so the play area was very helpful. Pools are excellent. Resort has a multi cuisine and a Mexican restaurant. Mexican restaurant opens only in the evenings which we we not told and that disturbed our plan a bit. Resort has a comprehensive Spa. Overall, a great relaxing experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Namaskaram !

Thank you for taking time out to write a wonderful review. I regret that the person who escorted you to the room did not brief you about the timings of the Mexicana restaurant. I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel is over 1 hour drive from the interrnational airport, during off peak times and at rush hour it is considerably longer.We had reviewed a number of hotels in Cochin before we opted for this one.

Bad
The deluxe rooms are anything but. The views of the gardens are an exaggeration as it is not a pleasing view.

The Mexican restaurant is mexican in name only. My food was served cold twice despite it being a hot meal. The drinks never arrived, and the waitress did not understand english nor did she send anyone over to take the order despite giving the impression she had taken the order. When I tried to complain there was no management in to take to our compliant.The chef waived our charges.

The games room is accesses through a dark and tight corridor. The room is most unwelcoming. The games consisted a broken chess board, a darts board with no darts, a table tennis table and bats with no balls. PS 3 with 2 games ( I did not test to see if it worked) as i left the room quickly.

The gym is unstaffed and just adequate for a small hotel.It is not state of the art, my home gym is equipped just as well. The cd machine worked although there was only one cd and the amplifier was broken.There is only one multi gym apparatus, small number of free weights and a few cardio machines.

The children's play ground is joke but not amusing.Thank god they did not go with us as they would have been bored after 5 minutes

We asked the front desk for details of some excursions that we could take, these never arrived although we did not chase either,

The hotel is at least 30 minutes drive from the heart of cochin and is accessed by a short drive through an unsavoury lane, thank god there were two tiers of perimeter secuirty check points to provide the reassurance of safety.

Good.

We opted for the cottage after seeing the size and view from the deluxe room. The views from the cottages are fantastic, the balcony is great for lounging on and the room size is great for a couple. The staff were tight on replacing the free toiletries but we had taken our own.The satellite tv provides access to indian channels only. We requested an iron and ironing board which arrived promptly.

Wifi is free and speeds are great. There is no mp3 connectivity in rooms for guests to plug in their own audio / visual equipment.

The pool looks greats but we did not use it. The jacuzzi was switched off most times and the pool bar was not attended.

We dinned in the fennel restaurant , this is a gem. We had advised the hotel that we required gluten free, gf, meal choices at the time of booking, but this was not acted upon thus we ended up having a rice accompaniment most nights and mid way through our stay they made some gf bread for us. Service is brill.Wine price list is extortionate.

We used the spa for a head massage, which was great and we wished we had used more of it.

Despite the comments by the management to other negative reviews that they will act upon them to improve matters, having been there i have no confidence that they will.

Its is a real shame, with some minor changes, not involving great expenditure, this has the potential to be heaven on earth but alas mid way through our five day stay we were looking to check into other hotels.

Room Tip: opt for the cottage or stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bhupinder G
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Namaskaram !

I regret that your stay in our resort was not as per your expectations.

its true that all our Deluxe rooms dont have a very good view of the gardens. But the interior space is slightly bigger than the cottages and the appointments are the same.

I apologise for the bad service at the Mexicana. I have taken up this matter with the F & B manager. The games room is in the same block as the deluxe room. Sometimes guest take away the bats and balls kept there and we replace it as and when we come to know. The PS3 works well and more game titles are kept at the front desk as we have the same problem of missing games after a few days.

Due to the space constraint and being only a 42 room hotel, we have tried to equip the gym as best as we could. We have 2 treadmills, one cross trained, one cycle, one abdomen bench, a multitrainer, bench press with various weights. All the equipments are supplied and maintained by Precor.

Due to the same space constraint we could manage only a small playground with a double swing, a roundabout, a slide and a bar swing. We had to keep it close to the restaurant as a lot of town people with families visit us on weekends and it was from their feedback we had installed this a year back.

I will look into the TV issue and why the signal of the other channels was not receiving in your room. From News to Movies we have all the international channels : BBC, CNN, CNBC, Travel and LIving, Fox Traveller, NG, Fashion TV, Animal Planet, Discovery, History, VH1, MTV,Cartoon Network, Nick, Disney, Disney XD, Star world, AXN, Comedy Central,Sony Pix, Moview Now, HBO, World Movies, WB, MGM, Star Movies and all the Star and Ten sports channels.

We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and where we can implement the change immediately we do it. But some changes that has to do with aesthetics or building will take time.

I do hope you visit us again when you come back to India.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at Ramada resort 3 years back on our wedding night. You may wonder why it took so long for rating this place. A recent bad experience at a Ramada in a different city brought back my wonderful memories at Ramada resort. I have only good things to talk about this Ramada. Other than our wedding night, I have been to Ramada for attending business meetings & seminars. A great place for spending a romantic night as well as a very professional setting for business!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Namaskaram !

Thank you for taking time out to write a wonderful review. It is a rather pleasant surprise when a guest writes a review after a couple of years.

I have passed on your comments to the team who will be thrilled to read it.