Smart Stay(Kumbalam)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake facingfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantbackwater viewnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurant
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Excellent resort to enjoy the your holiday..

positive points
1. excellent infra.
2. amazing pool facing backwaters.
3. amazing food and amazing portion of food, if you take the package with dinner included you will enjoy the most because they have huge variety and qty to serve.
4. good gym and garden
5 kids play area bit small but for upto 5 years of kid is good.
6. Rooms and nice and you feel cozy.
Negative point
1. in the night AC was not working properly we took the assistance but still it was not the best .
2. Play zone is not so good.

Room Tip: Take the most corner room, unreliable big !!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.... I will pass on these comments to my team. I have taken note of your comment about the airconditioning in the night. I have also instructed to redo the playzone with better activities and we will be finishing this within the month.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

My stay in this hotel was very comfortable...I Loved the layout of the hotel, good beach view, good pool, best of amenities, best delicacies of the region, We had a wonderful 3 days stay .. A good place to rejuvenate with family.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for a wonderful review. Our team do try to excel in their respective areas. I will pass on your compliments to the team...Comments like yours keep our team highly motivated..I appreciate the time you have taken to write the review.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Nice experience....stayed with infant and it becomes difficult...but very helpful staff and infant friendly hospitality... nice clean rooms good food nice location but best part is staff...... good job!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review. We have a very young team here we strive to give our guests the very best. I will pass on your compliments to our team. I appreciate the time you have taken to write the review.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Will I recommend it to my friend - NO
Will I come here again - NO

We came here to celebrate the Christmas, we had book rooms for a 2 night on the dealing website(price with tax was about 240$ per night)

First opinion
Hotel is nice, beautiful. Room was fine - nothing to complain.
But we didn't feel any Christmas atmosphere; there were only few decorations around.

Staff - quite friendly - but no one didn't tell us - about internet, about Christmas gala and any helpful infomation - we had to ask for everything.

Bad thing is - that the hotel in some way ripping off your budged. Here you need to pay for everything (most of facilities are chargeable). We wanted to get in the sauna or steam room - but we're stopped, because you need to pay for it. Travelling around the world I had never face it in 4 or 5 stars hotel - which you have to pay for it.

We went to complain to the duty manager, but it's like he didn't understand us - problem wasn't solve at all. I know business is business, but good customer service should be always. In the end he offered as a 15% for massage and free steam room (no sauna still). Although manager mentioned about - that we have hotel for a good price and seems - we should be glad for it and be very satisfied of this fact. We didn't come here to save the money but common sense still works.

As the hotel is isolated - you have no chance to get something from outside. Food here is quite overpriced (comparing to prices that we faced before).
I have ordered a Margarita pizza to my room. I think everybody know that pizzas should be big. What did I get - really small pizza (diameter about - 25-30cm) on a mediums size plate. It wasn't good at all - it wasn't even a classic pizza - it was made by someone who is away from it. (Photo is attached)

Overall
If you would like to spend couple nights here and don't care about budget - this hotel for you.

But if you would like to have a nice holiday without a feeling that they would like to rip you off - choose another.

Room Tip: Sorry but no tips here
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank i_addictive

I apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused to you. I have looked into your comments about the staff not informing you about the gala dinner. All spa services are chargeable in our resort had has been so right from the day we have been operating. We do give free steam bath only if you avail some service in the spa but not complimentary. I have already spoken to the Chef about the portioning of the Pizza and we have made it larger. I would like to point out that a 13 inch Margherita Pizza in the local Dominos cost Rs. 425 while a we charge Rs. 350 for a 12 inch. Our menu prices are less than the comparable hotels in the city. We have priced it lower to attract the local guests as our resort is slightly out of city.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The staff were incredibly helpful and supportive throughout my stay! The car service was extremely useful, albeit more pricey than pre-paid taxis from the airport, but i didn't come here to Try to save money:)! The food was extraordinary and my stomach was fine throughout my 5 day visit.The fishing boats returning, the birds flying past were all great. The food was lovely but ordering from the menu not the buffet could be very slow

Room Tip: lovely place to be
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review ... I will pass on your coompliments to our Chef... I do hope you visit us once again...