“manager and motel conditions”

BEST WESTERN Columbia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Columbia
Oakland City, Indiana
“manager and motel conditions”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times and basically because there was only one older one and I , at that time wasnt totally pleased BUT, this time I was 100% plus satisfied with the room as it had new carpet, big tv, and very clean.. was a totaly different motel to me..I was so glad i went there instead of a nearby city................ even better that the condition of the motel was the professionalism of the manager, Mr. Phillip Lee ! As soon as i walked in the door, I was given such a nice greeting. Each time it was the same way. He was friendly, courteous, and very professional. Each time he saw me he asked if there was anything he could do for us. I couldnt work the new tv... called front desk... who came??? Mr. Lee , with the patience of a Saint... As long as he is there, I will highly recommend you stay there... oh yes, the breakfast was outstanding.. havent seen so many choices, just to name a few, eggs, bacon,sausage and biscuits , plus several other thing... I give it an A+ opps add new carpet to the list !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RAVI G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbia, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We appreciate your nice comments. The hotel recently was recommended for Chairman’s Award Philip has been recognized by the guests and Ownership. However, all our staff is well trained and you will see our friendly and courteous service from each and everyone.

We invite you to please come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Safe, Clean rooms except damp towel was hanging up in bathroom when we arrived.friendly staff. Free wi-fi. free breakfast was good & had eggs, bacon, gravy, waffles, cereal, yogurt.great except for bacon.Only game in town if you are staying in columbia. Close to fast food restaurants & convenience store.just 1.5 miles from Lindsey Wilson college.

• Stayed November 2012
Please accept our apology for any inconvenience. Your comments are used to train our staff. Thank you for staying with us. And, thank you for your comments. We invite you to come and stay with us.
dekalb il
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night & all non-smoking rooms were sold out as there was an event, which I totally understood as I have managed a Holiday Inn Express in the past. But Phillip, front desk, was EXCELLENT & offered to take us to look at a few rooms to see which was better & we did get one that wasn't bad at all - he additionally offered ozone & febreeze. He was a very friendly & customer service oriented. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable & I liked the blanket being "enclosed" in sheets. We did not have any breakfast there but it certainly looked fulfilling. The wi-fi was great! NO COMPLAINTS! We will be back as this is my husband's hometown. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. And, thank you for your comments. We invite you to come and stay with us again and try our Hot Breakfast too. We offer an elaborate breakfast with many items including yogurt, sausage or Bacon and fresh Waffles daily.
Killbuck,Oh
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Have spent a nice night in a clean room with plenty of hot water and towels. Check in girl was very helpful as to look up an address and phone # I could not find in the phone book. If I am in this area I will certainly stay here. Being the only motel in town was very surprising as to the quality ! I am meeting family for breakfast so can not comment !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. And, thank you for your comments. We invite you to come and stay with us again and try our Hot Breakfast too. We offer elaborate breakfast with many items including yogurt, sausage or Bacon and fresh Waffles daily.
LEXINGTON
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western in Columbia, KY this past weekend for 2 consecutive nights. Cleanliness is very important and I was not disappointed! Very clean, new carpet and furnishings, also. Continental breakfast was good with normal bagels, cereals, etc., but also scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, and pancakes. The gentleman at the front desk was very professional, helpful and friendly. I will definitely be staying here again when visiting our student at Lindsey Wilson College.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The most important thing to me is cleanliness. This place was clean. It is a no frills motel that was perfect for our needs. We stayed here while we were shopping on the HWY 127 yardsale trail. The air conditioner was a little noisy but turned into white noise and did not bother me when I fell asleep. The small breakfast area was packed only because the hotel was booked due to the yard sale thing. I would recommend it and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Sleep Inn & Suites
Kozy Haven Log Cabin Rentals
Cumberland Lodge Motel
Cumberland Lodge Motel
#2 of 2 in Russell Springs

Been to BEST WESTERN Columbia? Share your experiences!