“I was impressed”

Best Western Columbia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

After reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are redecorated,, spotless and smell fresh. No dirt in the corners behind the doors or dust bunnies under the beds. Beds are good, 4 pillows per bed.The staff is very friendly and accomodating (no pun intended). My air conditioner had a hum so they quickly changed my room and offered to carry my luggage. The breakfast included eggs and biscuits and gravy as well as the usual assortment found at hotel breakfasts. It is in a tourist area so not the cheapest motel on the planet but worth the money. I would use it again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2012

To be in the middle of south central Kentucky, and not near an interstate, this hotel was overpriced. It was clean, and well staffed, but not worth what we had to pay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staying in Columbia overnight on business and checked into the Best Western. Actually, writing this from my hotel room right now. Very surprised by how nice this hotel is. Clean, furniture is in very good condition, the area seems quiet, and the bed is comfortable. They also have a nice pool and hot tub outside.

Front desk staff was friendly and efficient.

Very reasonably priced. I'll stay here next time I'm in the area for sure.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel away from the businsses close by would be best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel. I'm being kind by rating it as "average". Room was clean but musty smelling - almost as if it had previously been a smoking room and had been changed to a non-smoking room. The heating-AC unit was old and in need of replacement. Telephone same way. Both had a "patina" that suggested they had been around too long. The dozen pillows were TERRIBLE although the bed was comfortable. Shower was nice - good water pressure. The staff was friendly as was the "working girl" we met as we made our way to our room. The property was recently purchased by the owners of the Holiday Inn Express about 12 miles away in another town. They are in the process of renovating the Best Western. They still have a ways to go.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Ravi G, General Manager at Best Western Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it very much. We are in the process of changing many things. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have suffered. The work is going at a fast pace and we expect our major renovation work to be completed by the end of April. 40 of the 50 AC units have already been replaced. Brand new telephones, alarm clocks, hair dryers, coffeemakers along with many other things will all be done by the end of the April.
We have not changed any smoking or non smoking rooms. We are installing all brand new luxurious carpets in all rooms. We had another sensitive guest tell us that they felt the smoke smell, which most people tell us that its newness of the carpet smell.
Colors at the hotel are also changing along with the Quality.
Again, thank you for your kind words. We invite you to come and visit us again and see the changes where the best place in town is getting even better every day.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed here expecting a very basic stay but was surprised at all the upgrades that have been made. Our room was very clean, which is my biggest expectation of any hotel. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The beds and pillows were very soft and comfortable, providing the whole family with a good nights sleep. The breakfast was delicious with hot pancakes and a variey of cerals and muffins. Overall this was a great experience and from what I hear, there is only more upgrades to come. Thanks Best Western in Columbia and Staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Ravi G, Vice President at Best Western Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

We appreciate your comments very much. You are right, we are making more and more upgrades to the property.

We use the comments to train and deliver appreciation of guests to our staff. The staff is delighted to hear your comments.

Nationwide all Best Westerns have the same comfy pillows. Please stay at any Best Western to enjoy the comfy pillows.

We invite you to come and stay with us again on your next trip. Thank you.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I came to Columbia in Oct. 2011 for business. Best Western is not the ONLY hotel in town, but it is the most convenient.
When I first opened the door, it was muggy and had "odor". After I turned the air on and had the door opened while I carried my luggage in, it was more than enough to "clear" the room.
Getting everything set up for the next day, I realized I didn't have a working alarm clock. Called the front desk for a replacement. They had a problem finding one, and the one they brought also didn't work so I relied on the one in my phone and a wake up call.
Lets get to what's REALLY important when staying at a hotel. I carry with me a key chain "black light". Yep, the ones you can see EVERYTHING with.
One of the FIRST things I do is use it on the sheets.(I know, scary) I couldn't help but notice I was almost blinded by the CLEAN of the sheets! Perfectly CLEAN sheets! I was amazed! The rest of the room was good. Little spots on the rug by the small refrigerator and door. Bathroom was almost spotless. Nice size bathroom. Great shower pressure. Nice CLEAN towels.(and plenty of them)
Only complaint is the mattresses. They need replaced. They have "grooves" where many have slept and I found myself "rolling" into the hole. Also the breakfast bar leaves much to be desired, but I only wanted some coffee. They were out of the regular coffee cups so I had no cup for coffee. That's ok. A Speedway is right next door and was easy to get my "regular" cup of coffee.
If you want a CLEAN, well supplied, decent sized room for a reasonable price this is the one to go to. I will agree you might need some air freshener.

Room Tip: For smokers: This hotel STILL has smoking rooms without treating you like a second class citizen! To...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Debbie H

We appreciate your comments very much and apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered.
We are replacing all fabric and carpets in all rooms. So, there is no issue of any odor whatsoever. We have installed all new alarm clocks in each room.

As we are recent new Owners, we have been very busy to bring everything up to and beyond the standards. Our first order of importance was the cleanliness. I am glad that you found our Hotel to be absolutely clean. Thank you for that comment in particular.

Mattresses were recently replaced by previous owner. We are investigating it. If there are any defective, we will replace them. We have not heard that complaint from anyone during past 3 months since or acquisition. We have heard many compliments and positive comments. In fact, another traveler found our beds and pillows to be very soft and comfortable and also left a review.

We have enhanced the breakfast substantially and Guests are now enjoying it. We plan to add a couple of more items during April to make it even better.

Our goal is to provide exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms, plenty of Parking, excellent breakfast to justify the value and friendly customer service to be the finest hotel in Columbia KY at reasonable prices. Your comments are used to train and enhance our services, so we thank you once again for your comments.

We invite you to come and stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show you the changes that are happening here and the excitement is in the air

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Sleep Inn & Suites
Lake Cumberland State Resort
Best Western Campbellsville Inn
Best Western Campbellsville Inn
#1 of 5 in Campbellsville

Been to Best Western Columbia? Share your experiences!