“Nice find!”

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Since moving to the area, my wife and I have been looking for a local "mom and pop" type of restaurant and finally found the Knotty Pine based on a recommendation of a co-worker. We both enjoyed our meals. I had the catfish and my wife had the peel and eat shrimp. I liked the collard green and the salad. I had the Cajun Gumbo which was just OK. My wife had the Red Beans and Rice and it was very good. The entree servings were a little on the small side for the price paid. We shared the Opera Creme Cake. It was decent but wouldn't order it again. We will definitely return and are especially looking forward to going there in the Summer when you can see the river.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you are looking for above average Cajun food in the Tri-State this is the place. The food is excellent, service is great and the atmosphere can't be beat. Went with two other couples and we tried a bunch of different dishes. Between us we tried the following and all were excellent. Oysters Beinville, frog legs, shrimp boil, Cajun sampler and shrimp etouffee. The Cajun sampler comes with read beans and rice and gumbo, both were excellent. The only thing we tried that I'm not able to rate very high are the crab cakes. I'm a fan of the lump softball size cakes you get in Baltimore, not the hockey puck size deep fried one they serve. Either way they were edible. Definitely check this place out if you are looking for something unique.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My mother & I were going to a concert at NKU, so I thought we'd grab a bite somewhere close by. My brother recommended this place, & wow, was he right! Started with the lobster bisque, which is the closest I've ever come to finding something similar to the she-crab soup I had in Virginia Beach. When I say that there are CHUNKS of lobster in EVERY SINGLE bite...amazing (only available on the weekends though). Salad was good, but pedestrian. The blackened scallops were fantastic, but served in a bed of this sauce that was a little overpowering. Nonetheless, I am a scallop snob & these were pretty good. We didn't have dessert, which, apparently was a mistake after reading these reviews. Oh well, it's a reason to repeat visit!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The sea bass is to die for! Food, service and staff is great! Thanks for a wonderful meal! We were there ok Thursday and there was a good singer who we sang along with! "Sweet Caroline....."

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

There's nothing negative I can say about Knotty. The wife had plans to go a week before our actual visit when we went to a Red's game but decided we didn't have time. Glad we saved it for when we weren't rushed.

The staff are all very nice and bring an air of being on vacation in the deep south with the laid back no rush approach to your dining experience. We came for Oysters on the half, which at the time were Blue Point's from Chesapeake Bay. DELICIOUS!

Some musts while eating at Knotty. Gumbo is straight from the south but without the drive and The Opera Cake is AMAZING. We ate there in the evening so we didn't have a chance for a deck view of the valley but from what we could tell, it's spectacular.

Knotty might be out of the way but it's definitely worth a stop, or two, or more. Knotty also feels like it's miles away from anything where it's located which works in it's advantage making you feel like your on vacation at some destination in the deep south with nothing around except wilderness.

ENJOY!